Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liverpool New Club in RI

The Liverpool club is now in RI. The teams in MA are good. Anyone know anything about the new RI teams?

If the teams are new, then they probably haven't been tested in league play yet, if that's what you're asking.

Comment

Are there enough Liverpool players to form both Southeast and Southwest regions?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Are there enough Liverpool players to form both Southeast and Southwest regions?
        Southeast is Plymouth County MA, Southwest is Bristol County MA and RI. Why wouldn't there be enough players for both regions? Southwest a new region and the teams that formed are mostly younger, U9-14. Plenty of decent travel players who want to try out club soccer as well as existing players who aren't satisfied with their current clubs. Bayside, NEFC, GPS, Lusitania, Bruno, Tidal Wave, Noreaster, Vipers, Bolts, Valeo, etc... plenty of kids and parents looking for a better/cheaper/closer option than those above.

Comment

The Liverpool club is now in RI. The teams in MA are good. Anyone know anything about the new RI teams?
          Don't waste your time or money, especially on the girls side. Have her play for John Tomlinson, perhaps the biggest DB in youth soccer and then guy who has led a girls team from U10-U18 to nothing including an 0 for 7 RI State Cup run. Can't win big games, treats his players like crap and has the biggest ego around. Poor girls who stuck with him all this time never won anything significant.

Boys have much better options than Liverpool as well.

Comment

Yikes. Okay. We don’t have any problems w JT at all. He is the coach of a young U9 boy’s team and older girls team but I do not believe he is the coach of the newer teams on the girls side just the boys and we like him. My question was whether anyone knew about the RI teams in reference to how Lincoln did last year and now that Barrington St Andrews is the new home to Liverpool RI does anyone know anything about those teams more so on the boys side since they had the numbers at tryouts. Lots of boys w talent showed up to those tryouts. Wonder how it all works out will Lincoln and Barrington and Tiverton have a few teams or combine teams?

Comment

Southeast is Plymouth County MA, Southwest is Bristol County MA and RI. Why wouldn't there be enough players for both regions? Southwest a new region and the teams that formed are mostly younger, U9-14. Plenty of decent travel players who want to try out club soccer as well as existing players who aren't satisfied with their current clubs. Bayside, NEFC, GPS, Lusitania, Bruno, Tidal Wave, Noreaster, Vipers, Bolts, Valeo, etc... plenty of kids and parents looking for a better/cheaper/closer option than those above.
              Well unless they are bringing in a bunch of players who are currently playing in Southeast but would be closer to Southwest, wouldn’t the new Southwest be starting from scratch? How would anyone know what they were getting into, team-wise?

Comment

Well unless they are bringing in a bunch of players who are currently playing in Southeast but would be closer to Southwest, wouldn’t the new Southwest be starting from scratch? How would anyone know what they were getting into, team-wise?
                Southwest is starting from scratch. They started with 5 or 6 teams that formed last winter and played in the NEP this past Spring. Other than the older girls team which had been together at a prior club, all the teams were newly formed.

As to what you're getting into team-wise, it's the same with every club. Many players start attending practices with a team they are interested in moving to prior to tryouts. They may also go watch a game or two. Other than that, you are pretty much blind going into tryouts as a new player. With the U10 and younger teams, game scores and win/losses aren't recorded for public use so you can't go off their game record. Of course, wins and losses aren't everything... my kid left a team that won their NEP division and was undefeated because it wasn't a good fit any longer.

If you're worried about the teams being any good, wait until Fall and attend practices for the team that you're interested in. For brand new teams, it's the only way... of course you risk the chance of not having a roster spot available.

Comment

[QUOTE
                  If you're worried about the teams being any good, wait until Fall and attend practices for the team that you're interested in. For brand new teams, it's the only way... of course you risk the chance of not having a roster spot available.[/QUOTE]

Yes I think player development and good coaching is more important than the wins. The US has it a bit backwards so focused on winning at all costs and forgets each player development. From what I could see over the winter LP has good coaches and focuses on player dev. JT seems to be a good solid guy who does focus on player dev despite what the other person above said, I don't see the ego. I went to several LP games on boys and a couple girls from Lincoln and Bridgewater. All teams looked like good coaching and players. The new teams in RI had a good turn out so it seems like they will be a quality club. I do wonder if there will be three boys and three girls teams or even four since the tryouts were in 4 different towns. It seems Barrington is the central spot. We decided to go with Liverpool very good feeling from coaches at tryouts and parents. Was also good to see female coaches on the girls side at tryouts. Club day next week I can find out more details and talk to the other parents I know of the younger boys.

Comment

The new teams in RI had a good turn out so it seems like they will be a quality club. I do wonder if there will be three boys and three girls teams or even four since the tryouts were in 4 different towns.
                    That’s the question—are there really another 3-4 teams’ worth, on both the boys’ and girls’ sides, of club players in the region? How is this going to work?

Comment

So now that JT and his sidekick have made multiple posts praising his talents and his new program, let's remind everyone what the truth is and unbury what he was trying to hide by adding post after post of his own British babel. I know the one of the previous posters was BS because anyone who has ever dealt with the guy knows he's a massive DB.

Don't waste your time or money, especially on the girls side. Have her play for John Tomlinson, perhaps the biggest DB in youth soccer and the guy who has led a girls team from U10-U18 to nothing including an 0 for 7 RI State Cup run. Can't win big games, treats his players like crap and has the biggest ego around. Poor girls who stuck with him all this time never won anything significant.

Comment

So now that JT and his sidekick have made multiple posts praising his talents and his new program, let's remind everyone what the truth is and unbury what he was trying to hide by adding post after post of his own British babel. I know the one of the previous posters was BS because anyone who has ever dealt with the guy knows he's a massive DB.

Don't waste your time or money, especially on the girls side. Have her play for John Tomlinson, perhaps the biggest DB in youth soccer and the guy who has led a girls team from U10-U18 to nothing including an 0 for 7 RI State Cup run. Can't win big games, treats his players like crap and has the biggest ego around. Poor girls who stuck with him all this time never won anything significant.

Sounds like someone is threatened by an established MA club moving into RI. I’m guessing this is coming from one of the RI clubs that is taking it on the chin of late, probably Bruno or Bayside. GPS RI pushing from the south, NEFC pushing from the north and now Liverpool pushing from the east.

Comment

I think this forum is supposed to be for parents who have questions about soccer happenings in RI. When the threads become so negative I ask myself why? A parent is inquiring about a new club and then coach bashing happens. It seems like the person who posted negative comments is angry or threatened. Let's be supportive of parents who are asking questions. Name calling a coach is not being supportive. Many of my friends kids have gone to camps with JT and currently coached by him and he is a good person. I am sorry that you had a bad experience but your experience does not represent all parents. Now can we just stick to the question about how many Liverpool teams will be in RI? From what I am learning there are a few boys teams; Tiverton (Aquidneck Island and Fall River) and there is one in Barrington. As for the girls I am hearing there is a new one in Barrington and one in Tiverton (Aquidneck Island.) I think there is also an affiliation with Lincoln. I am not sure how they will do the first year, being new, but the organization seems solid.

Comment

I think this forum is supposed to be for parents who have questions about soccer happenings in RI. When the threads become so negative I ask myself why? A parent is inquiring about a new club and then coach bashing happens. It seems like the person who posted negative comments is angry or threatened. Let's be supportive of parents who are asking questions. Name calling a coach is not being supportive. Many of my friends kids have gone to camps with JT and currently coached by him and he is a good person. I am sorry that you had a bad experience but your experience does not represent all parents. Now can we just stick to the question about how many Liverpool teams will be in RI? From what I am learning there are a few boys teams; Tiverton (Aquidneck Island and Fall River) and there is one in Barrington. As for the girls I am hearing there is a new one in Barrington and one in Tiverton (Aquidneck Island.) I think there is also an affiliation with Lincoln. I am not sure how they will do the first year, being new, but the organization seems solid.
                            Do you know which age groups? Single years or combined U11/U12 etc?

Comment

Do you know which age groups? Single years or combined U11/U12 etc?
                              Liverpool has "Club Day" this Sat in MA, and then another one next week in RI for the RI players. I think the answers to these questions will be answered then. I'm assuming they would reveal team (single or combined) coaches, etc. If I hear anything I will let you know. I hear more about the boys side than girls since my friends have boy players currently on LP teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X