Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When my kid was in the middle of recruiting, her club coach would get calls from schools asking him to have her contact them. He would text her the name and contact information of the coach, and occasionally editorialize a little (e.g., "he seems really interested," "contact him right away - they tend to move quickly," "reach out to xyz, she played for him," etc.).

My kid knew enough to be able to differentiate between needed information and anything that might be problematic. Being able to text back and forth was very useful, in our case.
    Sure, your kid knew enough, as did mine, but others do not. The teen mind is not consistent across the board. I think that's the point.

Comment

Sure, your kid knew enough, as did mine, but others do not. The teen mind is not consistent across the board. I think that's the point.
      Nothing wrong with txting as there are many reasons for a HS or club coach to txt a player.
      There are also some incidents of bad behavior and all you have to do is include parent. Easy to do and keep that group thread alive

Comment

JB at AB not only texts but has them over to his house. apparently on other adults there.

Comment

JB at AB not only texts but has them over to his house. apparently on other adults there.
          Why/ how is he not fired yet from HS and Club

Comment

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/12...irls-soccer-2/

Herald yesterday, Globe this weekend I hear

Comment

Thoughts on any coach male or female coach texting a young adult?
              I don't think any coach should do it and or why any coach now a days would risk texting a player. I'm hoping you don't think it's okay if a female coach does it or if a male coach is texting a high school boy player?
              Only way would even be okay would be in a group text with the parent or a school official.
              Texting is not an inappropriate way for an adult to communicate with a minor. The content is what the problem is and the reason for texting is important.

That said, there must be some compelling "official" reasons for such communication. It should never be to "chat" or for a casual conversation.

Comment

Texting is not an inappropriate way for an adult to communicate with a minor. The content is what the problem is and the reason for texting is important.

That said, there must be some compelling "official" reasons for such communication. It should never be to "chat" or for a casual conversation.
                Even creepier when the text comes in at 10PM

Comment

Why/ how is he not fired yet from HS and Club
                  Looks like HS did there part. Waiting on Stars now.

Comment

Texting players is just a horrible idea and nothing productive can come from it. First, give them a break from you, there should be an ability for a player to be a kid and separate themselves from you and the team/club. Second, there are too many other ways to communicate just as easy. Most kids have cell phones and can access emails on that phone. There is also Twitter which is easy enough to DM or give information you want to get out. It comes down to arrogance and control and it shouldn't be allowed by clubs or schools.

Comment

Looks like HS did there part. Waiting on Stars now.
                      Don't hold your breath....who's the last coach Stars let go

Comment

Why do you want this guy gone??? You people are ruthless out here. Get a life!!!!

Comment

I apologize. I now know who you’re speaking of. I coached against this guy. Single handily the biggest JERK I’ve ever encountered. Ever!!!!!

Comment

I apologize. I now know who you’re speaking of. I coached against this guy. Single handily the biggest JERK I’ve ever encountered. Ever!!!!!
                            Not a surprise, so many Americans soccer players have Napoleonic complexes from living in the shadows of everything growing up and never attracting the spotlight. That and so many if them are 5'6" and 145 lbs.

Comment

You haven’t been coaching long, have you? Plenty of local contenders for that title.

Comment

Why do you want this guy gone??? You people are ruthless out here. Get a life!!!!
                                When you experience it maybe you'll be here too

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X