Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Very good point. EJ is a trainer not a coach. There is a big difference. EJ has found his niche in this market but I guarantee you these same parents that think EJ is great would not feel the same about him if he were their coach. MOST of the kids he trains do not have what it takes to play at the level EJ would want them to play at. They are not good enough and are soft. This is why EJ would NEVER coach at the local level. He makes more in an hour than most coaches make in a month without having to deal with parents and weekends off.
    Supposedly he took his tweets down...not sure if that's true, but the posts wreaked of "look at me."

Comment

Very good point. EJ is a trainer not a coach. There is a big difference. EJ has found his niche in this market but I guarantee you these same parents that think EJ is great would not feel the same about him if he were their coach. MOST of the kids he trains do not have what it takes to play at the level EJ would want them to play at. They are not good enough and are soft. This is why EJ would NEVER coach at the local level. He makes more in an hour than most coaches make in a month without having to deal with parents and weekends off.
      Always hanging off to the side...

Comment

let me guess... he probably was not having fun watching the game since he is not even a college coach. I strongly believe some college coaches do not either but hey, it's what they do for a living

Comment

Supposedly he took his tweets down...not sure if that's true, but the posts wreaked of "look at me."
          All the tweets are gone...

Comment

College coaches are a joke. Women’s college soccer is a joke. Understand the MAJORITY of college soccer coaches come from a limited soccer background. The problem with ECNL and DA clubs in FL are poor club structures. Leadership, culture and coaching are the problem in FL, there are plenty of quality players. Florida could support more DA or ECNL programs with the number of talented players, clubs need hire people with experience.
            1) "Understand the MAJORITY of college soccer coaches come from a limited soccer background." Huh, my D's D1 college coach played at the D1 level on a team that won a National Championship and she played pro. She has been an assistant or head coach for more than 15 years. What are you calling a "limited soccer background?"

2) "Florida could support more DA or ECNL programs with the number of talented players, clubs need hire people with experience." Some Florida clubs already do hire experienced people. TBU has several current college coaches (one TBU coach has coaches a college team that is consistently in the Top 20 in the Nation) and 2 coaches that played on the famous World Champion '99ers U.S. Womens National Team. There just needs to be more FL clubs doing it.

Comment

Guess EJ couldn't stand be what he tweeted.

Comment

What he is saying is already known..There is no emphasis on technical training at the youth age. This happens at every club..Doesnt matter if its The biggest club or the smallest. As a parent you have to decide to spend your dollars on a good private trainer. It sucks to have to pay just as much to a private trainer but that's the world we live in. This is for every sport...Go ask the baseball and basketball clubs...My personal opinion most of these so called coaches should be the rec coaches and then the club should identify talent and make the competitive field truly smaller. Focus 75% on technical training. Until then it will never change..No need to travel all over the country to play a couple games and bankrupt parents. Find those players that truly have potential and you will see that things change..Those kids on EJ site look like their hair is on fire but lets see what happens if they can carry that over into a game..

Comment

What he is saying is already known..There is no emphasis on technical training at the youth age. This happens at every club..Doesnt matter if its The biggest club or the smallest. As a parent you have to decide to spend your dollars on a good private trainer. It sucks to have to pay just as much to a private trainer but that's the world we live in. This is for every sport...Go ask the baseball and basketball clubs...My personal opinion most of these so called coaches should be the rec coaches and then the club should identify talent and make the competitive field truly smaller. Focus 75% on technical training. Until then it will never change..No need to travel all over the country to play a couple games and bankrupt parents. Find those players that truly have potential and you will see that things change..Those kids on EJ site look like their hair is on fire but lets see what happens if they can carry that over into a game..
                  What your saying is not true, complete nonsense. Your perspective is Florida, all that matter is technical when young. Florida youth philosophy is $$$. No one seems to care, and that sad!

Comment

What your saying is not true, complete nonsense. Your perspective is Florida, all that matter is technical when young. Florida youth philosophy is $$$. No one seems to care, and that sad!
                    Get out of the state - FL isn't the only state producing mediocrity.

Comment

1) "Understand the MAJORITY of college soccer coaches come from a limited soccer background." Huh, my D's D1 college coach played at the D1 level on a team that won a National Championship and she played pro. She has been an assistant or head coach for more than 15 years. What are you calling a "limited soccer background?"

2) "Florida could support more DA or ECNL programs with the number of talented players, clubs need hire people with experience." Some Florida clubs already do hire experienced people. TBU has several current college coaches (one TBU coach has coaches a college team that is consistently in the Top 20 in the Nation) and 2 coaches that played on the famous World Champion '99ers U.S. Womens National Team. There just needs to be more FL clubs doing it.

So then you agree with these statements?

The OP stated "the majority" come from a limited soccer background and you give 1 measly example to the contrary. Then the OP stated that Florida could use more DA and ECNL programs and hiring good people and AGAIN you give 1 example of 1 particular club.

We get it.....TBU is doing it right, but the MAJORITY aren't.

Comment

So then you agree with these statements?

The OP stated "the majority" come from a limited soccer background and you give 1 measly example to the contrary. Then the OP stated that Florida could use more DA and ECNL programs and hiring good people and AGAIN you give 1 example of 1 particular club.

We get it.....TBU is doing it right, but the MAJORITY aren't.
                        Maybe you are just at the wrong, measly club. How many examples do you want? He gave you 2 real life examples from his own family experience. It's not like your in an exchange with the National Director of ECNL or DA.

Comment

Maybe you are just at the wrong, measly club. How many examples do you want? He gave you 2 real life examples from his own family experience. It's not like your in an exchange with the National Director of ECNL or DA.
                          You're a measly fuk so shut the fuk up before I shut it for you - permanently!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X