Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Define "produce". Is it 1 year, 3, 5? It's not fraud because there's no set definition to it. Parents just need to be wary of the bullsh++. Most likely their kid will never ever be a pro player so who cares if a club had one in the last 5 years? Same with college commit lists - lots of questionable claims there too. Is the club a good fit for your player? Ill he_she learn, be challenged and get good playing time? That's all that matters
the only reason this "produce" thing exists is the need for clubs to claim players for marketing reasons. Bottom line is the players usually have many influences in their development. Parents, Coaches, other players, mentors and many many more
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
another person trying to make the binary argument because we look at everything so individually. Maybe BOTH players could co-exist on the right team, with good coaching and do better than thye could as individuals? Just saying, this rush to say who is "better" is way to simplistic. it depends.

There are tall slow more technical players out there - think Horan and small faster ones who are less so - Crystal Dunn

Too many stereotypes in this thread.
They can and sometimes do coexist on teams. It is rare though. My take-away from the ECNL Florida Showcase is that size and speed are on display. Only saw a few teams playing good soccer and players making smart decisions. Saw lots of over-dribbling and lots of banging the ball forward with no purpose other than to clear lines when there were other obvious choices. Pretty much what EJ saw. I personally think it starts with player selection, hence my previous post. Hard to play any sort of possession without smart, technical players and they seem to mostly be smaller and slower.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
They can and sometimes do coexist on teams. It is rare though. My take-away from the ECNL Florida Showcase is that size and speed are on display. Only saw a few teams playing good soccer and players making smart decisions. Saw lots of over-dribbling and lots of banging the ball forward with no purpose other than to clear lines when there were other obvious choices. Pretty much what EJ saw. I personally think it starts with player selection, hence my previous post. Hard to play any sort of possession without smart, technical players and they seem to mostly be smaller and slower.
You would think coaches would realize that rostering fast players in the hopes that they can outrun the ball is futile.

- a coach
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
i disagree. I dont think there is correlation between stature and playing type. They are coexisting now on teams. Go look at the roster of a team you consider to be possession based and technical. There are players in the starting line ups who came from Clubs who payed nothing like that.

There is no denying that the majority of teams tend to be more direct, but that a surprise. It is easier to ensure consistency year in year out by playing that way. It is less risky, less technically dependent and when you cannot guarantee the quality and size of fields or refs etc its appealing in a results driven business.

The expectations that every player CAN be technically and tactically sound is flawed. wont happen.
Old 3 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You would think coaches would realize that rostering fast players in the hopes that they can outrun the ball is futile.

- a coach
i have no idea why we isolate speed. Rostering ANY player that is one dimensional is a risk. A really technical player who cant move can also be a liability. You have to surround players with others who bring the best out in the BUT at Club level, you have the push/pull between individual development and ream success.

The Clubs who tout team success seem to do better in the marketing part of it, but do they produce more high level players? I dont think they do. Those Clubs tend to reap the tactical edge in most games, but they dont necessarily ever have to develop other skills.

Generalization I know, but you get my point.