Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How are two related? You are saying that because they allow kids to play high school ball, that they will suddenly have more players who are committing to high school?
    Does one commit to a high school?

If you meant college then yes. One hundred percent of waivered players go on to college.

Comment

Does one commit to a high school?

If you meant college then yes. One hundred percent of waivered players go on to college.
      Well no because some of those boys are not exactly the brightest bulbs in the room.

Comment

Well no because some of those boys are not exactly the brightest bulbs in the room.
        Those privates send students to college.

Comment

Face it, the Revs DA is a failed mission. The professional team, itself, was born out of Kraft wanting to figure out what to do with the field in the off-season. I am not even sure if the team makes any money aside from bringing more folk to the mall. Kraft has never really invested lots of cash into the team, nor does he require that the players contribute toward the DA team training.
          Then the MLS with US soccer think that each club should have a free DA team. I have to believe that this has just been a headache for Kraft so he has given it all to his son. The family has no real great interest in soccer. This is reflected in the pro team and the DA teams. They are no better than the Bolts.

The Bolts on the other hand have finally made some smart business moves. They have expanded all over the region to bring in more cash. At the same time, they keep their wealthy parents and their mediocre offspring on the teams so that they can get some DA families paying while giving multiple scholarships to others. For great players whose family finances are weak, the Bolts are now a good option.

Who should you go with? Prior to the split, I would have said go with the Bolts since I think their coaching (granted with flaws) is better. This is not to say that the DA Bolts coaching is great (Ainscough is a selfish tool), but the Revs coaching sucks.

Since the MLS-nonMLS split, I don't know where the national and college coaches are gravitating toward. If there is less interest in the nonMLS teams then this weakens the Bolts position. However, if your son's only interest is playing soccer in college, and doesn't care if it is D1,2, or 3, then it might not matter at all.

Winners and Losers: One does wonder if playing Bolts ECNL is worthwhile at all. It isn't as though they produce a dominant team within their leagues. It isn't as though they use the DA coaching staff to constantly scout and see if any are worthwhile to bring up to the DA. Perhaps they are better off on the Stars ECNL team or a strong NPL team.

Comment

Face it, the Revs DA is a failed mission. The professional team, itself, was born out of Kraft wanting to figure out what to do with the field in the off-season. I am not even sure if the team makes any money aside from bringing more folk to the mall. Kraft has never really invested lots of cash into the team, nor does he require that the players contribute toward the DA team training.
            Then the MLS with US soccer think that each club should have a free DA team. I have to believe that this has just been a headache for Kraft so he has given it all to his son. The family has no real great interest in soccer. This is reflected in the pro team and the DA teams. They are no better than the Bolts.

The Bolts on the other hand have finally made some smart business moves. They have expanded all over the region to bring in more cash. At the same time, they keep their wealthy parents and their mediocre offspring on the teams so that they can get some DA families paying while giving multiple scholarships to others. For great players whose family finances are weak, the Bolts are now a good option.

Who should you go with? Prior to the split, I would have said go with the Bolts since I think their coaching (granted with flaws) is better. This is not to say that the DA Bolts coaching is great (Ainscough is a selfish tool), but the Revs coaching sucks.

Since the MLS-nonMLS split, I don't know where the national and college coaches are gravitating toward. If there is less interest in the nonMLS teams then this weakens the Bolts position. However, if your son's only interest is playing soccer in college, and doesn't care if it is D1,2, or 3, then it might not matter at all.

Winners and Losers: One does wonder if playing Bolts Boys ECNL is worthwhile at all. It isn't as though they produce a dominant team within their leagues. It isn't as though they use the DA coaching staff to constantly scout and see if any are worthwhile to bring up to the DA. Perhaps they are better off on the Stars ECNL team or a strong NPL team.

Comment

The loser is the guy above that just double posted.

Comment

The loser is the guy above that just double posted.
                Double posted because I had to include 'boys' ECNL so that we don't hear from crazy parents with daughters playing soccer.

That said, is your kid on an ECNL team? If so, is it worth it? Are kids getting recruited more than top NPL teams??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X