Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls vs Boys Soccer on TS

I’m curious. TS posts more often than not, seem to refer to girls soccer as opposed to boys . soccer. Would you say that this site/blog is predominantly concerned with girls soccer?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m curious. TS posts more often than not, seem to refer to girls soccer as opposed to boys . soccer. Would you say that this site/blog is predominantly concerned with girls soccer?
    Yes, it certainly seems that way.

Comment

Yawn.

Comment

Boys play soccer? I thought it was a girls sport.

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger. I think its because.Girls soccer is a higher stakes game at the youth level in the US, and especially here in mass. Girls Soccer retains a towns best athletes, boys lose many to other sports football, hockey, lacrosse. Girls scholarships at least 2X more plentiful than boys

Comment

Don't shoot the messenger. I think its because.Girls soccer is a higher stakes game at the youth level in the US, and especially here in mass. Girls Soccer retains a towns best athletes, boys lose many to other sports football, hockey, lacrosse. Girls scholarships at least 2X more plentiful than boys
            Correct. TS means “Talking Scholarships”. Nothing to do with soccer. If playing tiddlywinks gave out scholarships, then you’d see people on here saying there kid was the best tiddlywinks player and arguing about whether the ECNL or DA Tiddlywinks League was the best.

Comment

Boys play soccer? I thought it was a girls sport.
              Girls soccer $$$ only exists because of college football. You’re welcome ladies. Thank god for men.

Comment

Girls soccer $$$ only exists because of college football. You’re welcome ladies. Thank god for men.
                That's correct boys play football girls play soccer.

Comment

That's correct boys play football girls play soccer.
                  Tell your daughter she’s welcome

Comment

Tell your daughter she’s welcome
                    You seem to be trying to prove a point while everyone is agreeing witt you.
                    Revenue sports at colleges (e.g. football, basketball) coupled with Title IX have created a lucrative industry for elite girls sports. No one has pro dreams, it’s all about college.

Credit GDA for trying to set a higher bar for women‘s athletics, or blame them for missing the market - either perspective is correct. Furthermore, the Women's NT has a proud history of global success. Soccer sits atop the girls athletic pyramid here, which is why FIFA Prez famously called soccer “an ethnic sport for girls in schools.” Mens soccer, while growing, is still far behind many other sports, and therefore it is also less interesting on TS

Comment

Yes, agree, but as long as you clarify your post is about boys v. girls, you can get the same level of truth, salvation, comedy or insult as the other gender with a slightly lower volume level for boys soccer v. girls soccer in my humble opinion...

Comment

Ha! Truer words have not been spoken. TS soccer is egalitarian - hatred for all equally!

Comment

agreed

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X