Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliance FC what gives?

Where is the statement, "Our players safety and well-being comes first."?

Coaching Page

"With Alliance, the difference is superior coaching and a consistent training environment!"

Superior Coaching at Alliance means that-
    Our players are constantly challenged to improve their technique.
    Our coaches have a very good perspective on the importance of winning vs. player development.
    Our coaches are committed to mastering the game and improving their communication skills to better serve players and parents.
    Our players are pushed during training sessions to be sharp and tactically sound.
    Our coaches have more game and training experience than any others in the area. Add to this an exemplary focus on the task at hand and our coaches provide the right environment for the serious player to develop.
    A consistent training environment means that-
    Our coaches will use proven methods in order to develop confidence and mastery of the ball.
    Our players are focused because they are there to train.
    Our training is designed to be more challenging than games.
    Our coaches put a high emphasis on ball control and learning skills that will allow them to play at a higher level regardless of athleticism.

http://sites.google.com/site/allianceso ... ching-page

2009 Coaching Line-Up
    u15 Boys
    Coach M-ark C-hristensen (Violent, convicted felon)

http://sites.google.com/site/allianceso ... b/syl-home

Re: Alliance FC what gives?

Alliance FC - "we're not as good as we think"

Comment

Is this a USSF vs US Soccer issue?

Comment

Abe has always been a good guy, hasn't he?

Comment

Hmmm, aiding a violent, convicted felon

Comment

not aiding in a crime though.

Comment

When there is knowledge of criminal background and safety and welfare of children are involved, it is criminal aiding and abetting

Comment

What happened to the complete coaching lineup? All of the coaches have been deleted.

2009 Coaching Line-Up

We are currently reviewing our entire coaching staff for the USL Super Y League.
                u13 Boys

u14 Boys

u15 Boys

u16 Boys

u17 Boys

u13 Girls

u14 Girls

u15 Girls

u17 Girls

Comment

The original Alliance Super Y League coaching line-up

2009 Coaching Line-Up

u13 Boys
                  Coach Zsolt Bertalan
                  u14 Boys
                  Coach Abrahm Shearer
                  u15 Boys
                  Coach Mark Christensen
                  u16 Boys
                  Coach Abrahm Shearer
                  Coach Ryan Fitzsimmons
                  u17 Boys
                  Coach Lewis Robinson
                  u13 Girls
                  Coach Abrahm Shearer
                  Coach Ryan Fitzsimmons
                  u14 Girls
                  Coach Abrahm Shearer
                  Coach Ryan Fitzsimmons
                  u15 Girls
                  Coach Skipper Mukhtar
                  u17 Girls
                  Coach Lewis Robinson

Comment

Alliance Academy Announces Signing of Top International Coach
                    March 12th, 2009

Grand Rapids, MI- Only a handful of coaches in the world can put a UEFA Championship on their resume. Alex Ludwig, the newest member of the Alliance Academy coaching staff is one of them. As an assistant coach of Weder Bremen, the famous Bundesliga side (1992-94) Ludwig played an integral part in the UEFA Cup Run, a Bundesliga Title, and two German Super Cups. While at Weder, Ludwig coached alongside one of the most successful coaches in German history and current Greek National team Coach, Otto Rehhagele.

In addition to his time with the professional team, Ludwig was responsible for developing young talent within the club. He has also coached two national teams: Canadian (Women's Assistant) and Hungarian (u18 Men and Women Head). Fittingly, Ludwig will be the head coach of the Alliance Academy u17 Boys and u17 Girls.

"Alex's level of experience will be crucial as we begin our quest for our first Super Y National Title," Alliance director Abrahm Shearer said. "Every coach on our staff will be looking to him for guidance and every member of our club will benefit."

Ludwig holds a USSF 'A', two professional Licenses (German and Hungarian), and a German 'A' (Youth). Weder added that, "I have quite a bit of experience coaching this particular age group and have prepared players for the Bundesliga, MLS, and top college play. The opportunity to work with some of the most committed u17's in the state will be very comfortable for me." Having won three national championships and a European Championship for youth boy's and girl's teams, there is little doubt that Alex's comfort level at this age group will benefit the club as the Alliance Academy staff looks to build upon their first year success.

Alex will be coaching the Super Y League u17 Girls and Boys teams. Try-outs for the u17 Boys team will take place on March 22nd from 7:30pm-9pm and the u17 Girls team on March 29th from 8pm-9pm. Both try-outs will be held at Woodland Sports in Kentwood, MI. Cost for try-outs is $10 and registration begins 1/2 hour prior to the start of training. High school girls concerned about participation due to high school commitments are still encouraged to attend. Contact Mr. Ludwig directly by email at fussball45@hotmail.com or phone (517) 282-8123 for more information.

Comment

Alliance Academy Announces Signing of Top International Coach
                      March 12th, 2009

Grand Rapids, MI- Only a handful of coaches in the world can put a UEFA Championship on their resume. Alex Ludwig, the newest member of the Alliance Academy coaching staff is one of them. As an assistant coach of Weder Bremen, the famous Bundesliga side (1992-94) Ludwig played an integral part in the UEFA Cup Run, a Bundesliga Title, and two German Super Cups. While at Weder, Ludwig coached alongside one of the most successful coaches in German history and current Greek National team Coach, Otto Rehhagel.

In addition to his time with the professional team, Ludwig was responsible for developing young talent within the club. He has also coached two national teams: Canadian (Women's Assistant) and Hungarian (u18 Men and Women Head). Fittingly, Ludwig will be the head coach of the Alliance Academy u17 Boys and u17 Girls.

"Alex's level of experience will be crucial as we begin our quest for our first Super Y National Title," Alliance director Abrahm Shearer said. "Every coach on our staff will be looking to him for guidance and every member of our club will benefit."

Ludwig holds a USSF 'A', two professional Licenses (German and Hungarian), and a German 'A' (Youth). Ludwig added that, "I have quite a bit of experience coaching this particular age group and have prepared players for the Bundesliga, MLS, and top college play. The opportunity to work with some of the most committed u17's in the state will be very comfortable for me." Having won three national championships and a European Championship for youth boy's and girl's teams, there is little doubt that Alex's comfort level at this age group will benefit the club as the Alliance Academy staff looks to build upon their first year success.

Rehhagel is currently the Greek national team coach. Together at Weder Bremen, Otto and Alex won the UEFA Cup during the 1991-92 season. In the Championship match, the German side defeated AS Monaco who were then coached by Arsene Wenger (currently at Arsenal).
                      Try-outs for the u17 Boys team will take place on March 22nd from 7:30pm-9pm and the u17 Girls team on March 29th from 8pm-9pm. Both try-outs will be held at Woodland Sports in Kentwood, MI. Cost for try-outs is $10 and registration begins 1/2 hour prior to the start of training. High school girls concerned about participation due to high school commitments are still encouraged to attend. Visit www.soccergrandrapids.com for more information or contact Mr. Ludwig directly by email at fussball45@hotmail.com or phone (517) 282-8123.

http://gralliance.com/

Comment

Does this mean that they threw mc to the curb, under the bus...?

Comment

Revisionist History

From http://www.gralliance.com

Detroit Coach Moves Forward with Alliance Academy
                          March 19th, 2009

Grand Rapids, MI- In February 1998, Mark Christensen, a former professional soccer player in the NPSL put his boots on for a pick-up match. Mark was an All-American at Oakland University and a tenacious pro defender in a league that made Pele and Bechanbauer household names in the United States. Despite his history which included never being red carded in college or the pros, he lost his composure while playing in a parent and coaches social. "There is not a day that goes by that I don't see or hear something that reminds me of my huge mistake. I deeply regret striking another man and asked for his forgiveness. Unfortunately I can't undo my horrible mistake other than to apologize. I would never take that action again."

Mark has received his risk management from US Club Soccer, USSSA (Super Y League), and three State Associations. The United States Soccer Federation puts the individual associations in charge of risk management. Unfortunately, I applied to coach in Michigan four years ago and it was not accepted. I am confident that I would be able to coach in most states. "This includes the state of Georgia where I committed the offense and was given the green light shortly ."

As a youth coach, Mark's resume is impressive.

Being sent to prison is the worst feeling anyone could have. It is beyond any words that I can express. How selfish I was to let my emotions get the best of me. There is never a day that goes by that I don’t see or hear something that reminds me of my huge mistake. I deep regret striking another man. I asked for his forgiveness. What I did was a terrible mistake that will never be repeated. I cannot undo my horrible mistake other than to say that I am sorry. Having the tag of convicted felon is a constant reminder how dangerous not being under control can be. I will never hurt my family, friends or others again. I really need a chance to start with a clean slate. I have learned that character is really built by those who have overcome adversity.

************************************************** *************************

"Despite his history which included never being red carded in college or the pros, he lost his composure while playing in a parent and coaches social."

Social? What is a social? How is this "social"?

From the Columbus Georgia Ledger-Enquirer, March 14, 1999:

"The problem is, he (Mark Christensen) has a history of punching people.

Christensen, 41, was indicted two months ago on a felony charge of aggravated battery. If convicted, he faces a maximum of 20 years in prison. Chris Fagerberg, 34, alleges Christensen punched him and broke his left eye socket during a pickup soccer game at Columbus State University Jan. 28, 1998. (Christensen was convicted by jury trial in April of 1999.)

A Ledger-Enquirer investigation has found Christensen left a trail of
                          trouble -- on and off the field -- before he arrived in Columbus.

Court and police records show Christensen was:

Convicted of simple assault and battery for punching a Pizza Hut manager
                          in 1978 in Warren, Mich. He received probation.

Charged with aggravated battery and criminal mischief in 1987 in Jupiter, Fla., for attacking another driver on the road. He pleaded guilty -- which counts as a conviction --
                          to a lesser charge, simple battery.

Accused of hitting, choking and kicking his wife in 1996 in Montgomery, Alabama. A warrant was issued for his arrest for third-degree assault, but there's no record of the case having been pursued, and Christensen was never arrested.

The Ledger-Enquirer also found three incidents that led to suspensions during Christensen's 20 years of playing and coaching professionally. Newspaper articles and interviews with soccer officials uncovered:

A suspension in 1986, when he was a player, by the Kalamazoo Indoor Soccer Club for a postgame altercation with an opposing team trainer.

A suspension in 1993, when he was a coach, by the Michigan Youth Soccer Association for verbally attacking officials at a tournament in Ohio.

A suspension in 1995 for coaching his Michigan youth team in violation
                          of the 1993 suspension."

"As a youth coach, Mark's resume is impressive."

From the April 24, 2006 Detroit News:

"Since his return to the state, Christensen has done anything but keep a low profile. He and another area soccer coach filed a lawsuit against the Michigan Youth Soccer League that reached a secret settlement earlier this month in Macomb Circuit Court after more than two years of ugly charges on both sides.

Among the exhibits, for example, are letters Christensen wrote from his Georgia prison dorm to one of his players, a girl who he said under oath in a deposition he thought was "13 or 14."

"Hi, Angel," he began one letter. "You promised me a good picture, maybe even one of that whole (sexy-body)."

He offered advice about her other soccer coaches, writing the word "Loser" after each of their names, adding, "These so-called men are useless humans who should be caned to death."

Comment

Several Alliance Super-Y teams don't have enough players to field teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X