Weston disappoints

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True for the most part but the poster is also right on one thing. Wherever there is parity between players, the club (in this case Weston FC) will select the outside player because of the unknown upside that may have and also because the Weston will come back to the club for B or C team while the outside player will not accept B team. Been there done that .. at the end of the year they will come back to talk to you and tell you that your kid is better than that and shouldn't be on the B team !!!!! This is Weston!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      True for the most part but the poster is also right on one thing. Wherever there is parity between players, the club (in this case Weston FC) will select the outside player because of the unknown upside that may have and also because the Weston will come back to the club for B or C team while the outside player will not accept B team. Been there done that .. at the end of the year they will come back to talk to you and tell you that your kid is better than that and shouldn't be on the B team !!!!! This is Weston!
      The soccer community is a small one. If your child has been playing since you U9, by U13 you pretty much know the standout players from other teams. My player is U16 and in her age group especially since she does ODP she knows players from all over Florida and some from outside Florida. On occasion her coaches even asks her about players who are interested in coming to our team.

Comment

As a concerned parent, I wanted all of you to know that just like most of you, I am very disappointed and discouraged with Weston. Let me begin by saying that the ECNL tryouts was utterly a complete joke. Not only did Weston recruit girls from other clubs, but the team was primarily prearranged. To add insult to injury, other parents informed me that there was a particular team manager walking around the tryouts and was overheard saying how many girls she had recruited, who had already made the team, and the girls who were not going to make the team. I learned that this particular parent/team manager has an enormous amount of influence at Weston, practically taking over the team except for individual game instructions. Sadly, it is now rumored that the same episode will occur with the upcoming tryouts for the FPL (black) teams. In regards to the FPL teams, these particular Davie coaches have prematurely guaranteed their Davie girls a spot on those teams. This I can assure you because other parents have informed me that their daughters have already been contacted. This is a sad situation because even if your daughter is a better player than the one selected, she will be relegated to an inferior team because of prior arrangements, politics, and favoritism. It’s obvious that bringing in coaches from Davie who have previously coached certain girls will automatically favor them. That’s why I believe that this merge is without a doubt unfair and disadvantageous towards the girls who have been year after year sacrificing and staying loyal playing at Weston. Unfortunately, Weston has maneuvered into monopolizing most of the soccer programs in this area, therefore not leaving many options for parents like us who wish and deserve their daughters to play competitive soccer at their appropriate level. I can conclude by saying, and I am speaking not only for myself but a good group of parents, that if what I just wrote does come to fruition, we will all unite and file a form of complaint with FYSA naming coaches, players, and parents, who have provided this information. Let’s hope and pray that what I have just mentioned is all hearsay and an unfounded rumor.
        I feel your pain after the last tryouts. We are now forced to leave the club after five years to explore other options for our daughter. The deal with Davie killed us. The Davie girls are taking our spots on the top two teams and we are left on the 3rd team!! We stayed with the club on the bad times when most of the girls left to Davie, now they are back and getting rewarded with placement on the #2 team / FPL. To add more to the Weston FC sour joke, they are renaming the #3 teams to BLACK so we feel more important and of course pay the higher fee!!!! Shame on you Doug, Carlos, Steve and the rest for doing this to us. Playing in Weston for 10 years, we are now exploring Sunrise as the only way for us to play Division 1 soccer.

Comment

I feel your pain after the last tryouts. We are now forced to leave the club after five years to explore other options for our daughter. The deal with Davie killed us. The Davie girls are taking our spots on the top two teams and we are left on the 3rd team!! We stayed with the club on the bad times when most of the girls left to Davie, now they are back and getting rewarded with placement on the #2 team / FPL. To add more to the Weston FC sour joke, they are renaming the #3 teams to BLACK so we feel more important and of course pay the higher fee!!!! Shame on you Doug, Carlos, Steve and the rest for doing this to us. Playing in Weston for 10 years, we are now exploring Sunrise as the only way for us to play Division 1 soccer.
          Train harder, work harder, make them notice you. Don't run away defeated. Life lessons are learned in every aspect of one's journey.

Comment

What great people at Davie!

Isn't it great that MP from Davie is running around telling everybody to go to the NPL team for now and "we will keep an eye on you". We will give you a shot on the ECNL team "later". There are those that are buying this load of BS hook, line and sinker.

MP must know what he is doing right? He has a fancy accent as well as a fancy resume.
            Everybody is so impressed!

He must have gotten all of his original team that he got at U-12 exposure to college coaches because they are now U-16 and he is the great coach that "develops" soccer players. Those girls must still be together because he is the best coach with the fancy English accent that everybody is now listening to right?

ECNL is all about college exposure for the players that work hard and are coached by the right people I heard? And of course everybody knows that MP is one of those great coaches.

So MP, why don't you tell everybody the truth about your former team at Davie that you "developed" from age 12?

Should you tell everybody that not one of those girls have committed even though there was many good players? No I don't see that little fact on the Weston/Davie brochure.

Or how about the fact that that team that you "developed" from age 12 completely fell apart, and then you abandoned them?

I think it is time that the curtain is pulled back from the real Soccer Wizard of Oz!

MP gets the title!

Comment

Train harder, work harder, make them notice you. Don't run away defeated. Life lessons are learned in every aspect of one's journey.
              Not true .. on this case. At Weston FC, the only way to get noticed is if you are coming from another club.

Comment

If I were Sunrise DOC I would schedule supplemental tryouts especially on the ages 2001, 2002 and 2003. You will be amazed how many players you will see from Weston.
                We are holding back, we are not registering because what they did to us it's unethical.

Comment

GC thank you for writing this we know it is you stirring up trouble just beacuse you are in need of players for all age groups.

Comment

GC thank you for writing this we know it is you stirring up trouble just beacuse you are in need of players for all age groups.
                    This is not GC, and you mind your own business if you don't have a stake on this. Some of us Weston parents have some tough decisions to make. I can't say we were blindsided since we saw everything happening in front of our eyes.

Comment

Effectively if you go to Sunrise you might take spots from there players so your just like Davie players maybe try Margate !

Comment

Effectively if you go to Sunrise you might take spots from there players so your just like Davie players maybe try Margate !
                        If you are serious, then just reach out to a coach on the club/age you are interested and see if there are still any spots.

Posting here won't help you solve problem but reaching out to a coach will.

Comment

Not true .. on this case. At Weston FC, the only way to get noticed is if you are coming from another club.
                          I know Weston took a Lot of talented girls from our club. Apparently a lot of parents are drinking the KoolAid. Just wait until they see those huge ECNL bills. Some of these parents complained about spending between $2-3K a year and now they are going to spend $7-10K? I just don't get it.

Comment

Friday june 10th
                            from 6pm till 8pm
                            sunrise is having a training session
                            for 2001/ 2002/2003 for girls that are looking to join the sunrise sting sc

training will be at

cypress park
                            1301 coral springs dr
                            coral springs 33071

see you at the field..

Comment

that is the address of a dying club .. we can find rec soccer here at Weston AYSO, why should I go to Coral Springs ...

Comment

This is not GC, and you mind your own business if you don't have a stake on this. Some of us Weston parents have some tough decisions to make. I can't say we were blindsided since we saw everything happening in front of our eyes.
                                Plantation is still having try outs on Thursday. They have already gotten a lot of Davie and Weston players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X