Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weston disappoints

As a concerned parent, I wanted all of you to know that just like most of you, I am very disappointed and discouraged with Weston. Let me begin by saying that the ECNL tryouts was utterly a complete joke. Not only did Weston recruit girls from other clubs, but the team was primarily prearranged. To add insult to injury, other parents informed me that there was a particular team manager walking around the tryouts and was overheard saying how many girls she had recruited, who had already made the team, and the girls who were not going to make the team. I learned that this particular parent/team manager has an enormous amount of influence at Weston, practically taking over the team except for individual game instructions. Sadly, it is now rumored that the same episode will occur with the upcoming tryouts for the FPL (black) teams. In regards to the FPL teams, these particular Davie coaches have prematurely guaranteed their Davie girls a spot on those teams. This I can assure you because other parents have informed me that their daughters have already been contacted. This is a sad situation because even if your daughter is a better player than the one selected, she will be relegated to an inferior team because of prior arrangements, politics, and favoritism. It’s obvious that bringing in coaches from Davie who have previously coached certain girls will automatically favor them. That’s why I believe that this merge is without a doubt unfair and disadvantageous towards the girls who have been year after year sacrificing and staying loyal playing at Weston. Unfortunately, Weston has maneuvered into monopolizing most of the soccer programs in this area, therefore not leaving many options for parents like us who wish and deserve their daughters to play competitive soccer at their appropriate level. I can conclude by saying, and I am speaking not only for myself but a good group of parents, that if what I just wrote does come to fruition, we will all unite and file a form of complaint with FYSA naming coaches, players, and parents, who have provided this information. Let’s hope and pray that what I have just mentioned is all hearsay and an unfounded rumor.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a concerned parent, I wanted all of you to know that just like most of you, I am very disappointed and discouraged with Weston. Let me begin by saying that the ECNL tryouts was utterly a complete joke. Not only did Weston recruit girls from other clubs, but the team was primarily prearranged. To add insult to injury, other parents informed me that there was a particular team manager walking around the tryouts and was overheard saying how many girls she had recruited, who had already made the team, and the girls who were not going to make the team. I learned that this particular parent/team manager has an enormous amount of influence at Weston, practically taking over the team except for individual game instructions. Sadly, it is now rumored that the same episode will occur with the upcoming tryouts for the FPL (black) teams. In regards to the FPL teams, these particular Davie coaches have prematurely guaranteed their Davie girls a spot on those teams. This I can assure you because other parents have informed me that their daughters have already been contacted. This is a sad situation because even if your daughter is a better player than the one selected, she will be relegated to an inferior team because of prior arrangements, politics, and favoritism. It’s obvious that bringing in coaches from Davie who have previously coached certain girls will automatically favor them. That’s why I believe that this merge is without a doubt unfair and disadvantageous towards the girls who have been year after year sacrificing and staying loyal playing at Weston. Unfortunately, Weston has maneuvered into monopolizing most of the soccer programs in this area, therefore not leaving many options for parents like us who wish and deserve their daughters to play competitive soccer at their appropriate level. I can conclude by saying, and I am speaking not only for myself but a good group of parents, that if what I just wrote does come to fruition, we will all unite and file a form of complaint with FYSA naming coaches, players, and parents, who have provided this information. Let’s hope and pray that what I have just mentioned is all hearsay and an unfounded rumor.
    I agree 100%.. Fortunately, there are two very competitive clubs nearby. Both black/yellow.. One 10 miles away, the other 5 miles away.. We're definitely exploring options!

Comment

I agree 100%.. Fortunately, there are two very competitive clubs nearby. Both black/yellow.. One 10 miles away, the other 5 miles away.. We're definitely exploring options!
      Which two clubs are those? See if i agree...

Comment

What did you think was going to happen? The writing was on the wall. Weston has never been good at developing their girls. So to compete at a high level they were going to have to improve through recruiting new blood. And if your daughter was good then why did you go to Weston in the first place? Weston doesn't develop players (see above). You took her there to toil around in mediocrity for years and improve at a slower rate. There's no one here to blame but yourself. You though all these new coaches and leagues were for YOUR kid didn't you? You thought your kid would just move up because she was next in line. You didn't fathom that other players might come in and jump in front of your daughter huh? That's what an unrealistic sense of entitlement will land you these days.

Comment

What did you think was going to happen? The writing was on the wall. Weston has never been good at developing their girls. So to compete at a high level they were going to have to improve through recruiting new blood. And if your daughter was good then why did you go to Weston in the first place? Weston doesn't develop players (see above). You took her there to toil around in mediocrity for years and improve at a slower rate. There's no one here to blame but yourself. You though all these new coaches and leagues were for YOUR kid didn't you? You thought your kid would just move up because she was next in line. You didn't fathom that other players might come in and jump in front of your daughter huh? That's what an unrealistic sense of entitlement will land you these days.
          Thank you for that beautiful and generous response. It;s apparent that sub minded individuals like you did not properly read, and now i notice, don't have the intelligence, to understand what i just wrote. I wrote this post to inform caring and loving parents about their daughters, not to entertain imbeciles like you who are obviously under the influence of illegal drugs and alcohol while in front of their laptop. Have a good night, and please say no to drugs.

Comment

Although I sympathize with your conclusion I cannot who heartedly agree with it. My daughter made the ECNL team, we are not from the area and don't know a soul there.

Comment

FYSA will be amused if you make a complaint - the governing body for ECNL and FPL is US Club Soccer.

Comment

Thank you for that beautiful and generous response. It;s apparent that sub minded individuals like you did not properly read, and now i notice, don't have the intelligence, to understand what i just wrote. I wrote this post to inform caring and loving parents about their daughters, not to entertain imbeciles like you who are obviously under the influence of illegal drugs and alcohol while in front of their laptop. Have a good night, and please say no to drugs.
                Too bad your daughter couldn't make the cut. Go cry your conspiracy theory someplace else. The bottom line is that she just wasn't good enough. I'm sure the coaches knew she wasn't good enough BEFORE tryouts. No shock there.

Maybe she can make a Weston Select team.

Comment

As a bitter and loud mouthed helicopter parent who thinks my daughter is 10 times better than she really is and cannot face the truth, I wanted all of you to know that just like most of you, I am very disappointed and discouraged with Weston. Let me begin by saying that the ECNL tryouts was utterly a complete joke. Not only did Weston recruit girls from other clubs, but the team was primarily prearranged. To add insult to injury, other parents informed me that there was a particular team manager walking around the tryouts and was overheard saying how many girls she had recruited, who had already made the team, and the girls who were not going to make the team. I learned that this particular parent/team manager has an enormous amount of influence at Weston, practically taking over the team except for individual game instructions. Sadly, it is now rumored that the same episode will occur with the upcoming tryouts for the FPL (black) teams. In regards to the FPL teams, these particular Davie coaches have prematurely guaranteed their Davie girls a spot on those teams. This I can assure you because other parents have informed me that their daughters have already been contacted. This is a sad situation because even if your daughter is a better player than the one selected, she will be relegated to an inferior team because of prior arrangements, politics, and favoritism. It’s obvious that bringing in coaches from Davie who have previously coached certain girls will automatically favor them. That’s why I believe that this merge is without a doubt unfair and disadvantageous towards the girls who have been year after year sacrificing and staying loyal playing at Weston. Unfortunately, Weston has maneuvered into monopolizing most of the soccer programs in this area, therefore not leaving many options for parents like us who wish and deserve their daughters to play competitive soccer at their appropriate level. I can conclude by saying, and I am speaking not only for myself but a good group of parents, that if what I just wrote does come to fruition, we will all unite and file a form of complaint with FYSA naming coaches, players, and parents, who have provided this information. Let’s hope and pray that what I have just mentioned is all hearsay and an unfounded rumor.
                  There, fixed it for you!

Comment

Well I just hope on the 2000 YG Trish takes back the lemon she sold us at WFF this year- will be open season next year..... X

Comment

Well our tax dollars go to maintain these fields. I hope they aren't letting that riff raft from outside of Weston on to our teams. I may have to ask the city to intervene.

Comment

teams picked like this at TBU for years. This years ECNL/NPL. Teams were all set before tryouts.

Comment

Well our tax dollars go to maintain these fields. I hope they aren't letting that riff raft from outside of Weston on to our teams. I may have to ask the city to intervene.
                          If that's is what you call "maintain" you better get your tax dollars back, those fields looked an excavator ran over them.

Comment

This is everything that is wrong with our current youth sports culture. Too many parents want to cry "it's not fair" and find every excuse for their babies why they didn't get selected or failed at something. I partly blame the coaches who also won't be honest with the parents when assessing the kids. The reality is your kid didn't get selected because she's simply not good enough! Now you can either complain about it and she'll never be good enough or do what a good parent should do and tell her if she wants it bad enough to go put in more work and get better. Tell her that even if she put in 8 hours a day she may still never be good enough but that's the chance she has to take if it's her dream and desire to play at an elite level. Sorry, but not everyone gets to make the elite team and that parent you're complaining about recruiting players, is recruiting the best players because that's what ECNL is supposed to be. The best players competing at the highest level. If she did call you, you wouldn't be on here posting it's not fair!

Comment

If what she says is true than that is a problem with youth soccer too. You can't assume players are talented or not. They should achieve on merit not because they new someone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X