Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weston FC sells its membership on Division 2?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weston FC sells its membership on Division 2?

Weston FC message. They have really gotten desperate. Division 2 play now?

I hope everyone had a great 2015-2016 season! On behalf of the Board of Directors thanks to everyone for participating in Weston FC and entrusting your kids to the Club. As we get ready for tryouts there are two important issues that I want to make everyone aware of.

First, due to the poor field conditions and lack of fields, the City of Weston and the Weston Sports Alliance who allocate the field permits and the number of players allowed in travel programs have reduced our field space and mandated that we reduce the size of our program effective immediately. As a result we have no choice but to reduce the number of teams we will have in the Club in the future. We will be posting the anticipated teams along with the coaches shortly. We are sorry we have to take this action but we have no choice.

The good news is that we have partnered with AYSO Select to allow their teams to play in Division 2 leagues sanctioned by FYSA under the Weston FC affiliation. We hope that by entering into this partnership with Select, most if not all players will be able to continue playing competitive soccer in the City of Weston. We highly recommend that for those players not selected by Weston FC that they contact our sister program at Weston Select.

Secondly, the Club, in accordance with the mandate of FYSA, will no longer be using the school year calendar to form teams. Effective next season, teams will be formed by birth year; for example kids born 2004 will play together. Players can play up with permission of the Technical Director but cannot play down. We know this will disrupt many teams but it is a mandate from our state sanctioning body and all clubs in Florida will be following this mandate.

We look forward to seeing everyone at tryouts.

Sincerely in soccer
    Steve Ziegler
    President Weston FC

Latest Weston Spin

Anybody who has been around Weston in the past has heard every possible story.
    Now we are all lead to believe that with the program going to ECNL that things will be "different".

Weston will continue heading in the same downward spiral like the last 10 years!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I hope everyone had a great 2015-2016 season! On behalf of the Board of Directors thanks to everyone for participating in Weston FC and entrusting your kids to the Club. As we get ready for tryouts there are two important issues that I want to make everyone aware of.

First, due to the poor field conditions and lack of fields, the City of Weston and the Weston Sports Alliance who allocate the field permits and the number of players allowed in travel programs have reduced our field space and mandated that we reduce the size of our program effective immediately. As a result we have no choice but to reduce the number of teams we will have in the Club in the future. We will be posting the anticipated teams along with the coaches shortly. We are sorry we have to take this action but we have no choice.

The good news is that we have partnered with AYSO Select to allow their teams to play in Division 2 leagues sanctioned by FYSA under the Weston FC affiliation. We hope that by entering into this partnership with Select, most if not all players will be able to continue playing competitive soccer in the City of Weston. We highly recommend that for those players not selected by Weston FC that they contact our sister program at Weston Select.

Secondly, the Club, in accordance with the mandate of FYSA, will no longer be using the school year calendar to form teams. Effective next season, teams will be formed by birth year; for example kids born 2004 will play together. Players can play up with permission of the Technical Director but cannot play down. We know this will disrupt many teams but it is a mandate from our state sanctioning body and all clubs in Florida will be following this mandate.

Sincerely in soccer
    Steve Ziegler
    President Weston FC

Comment

Sincerely in soccer
      Steve Ziegler
      President Weston FC
      Not sure what world you live on but this is a clear example of what happens when you get a club running very well and so many kids want to join that you reach capacity!! In my world it's called very successful!!!

Comment

Long email basically saying Weston has bad fields and not enough fields and is being forced to shrink the size of its club and push off its Division 2 teams to Weston Select. What does that mean for Weston's revenue stream? I wonder if parents will be paying more to make that up?

Comment

Weston

Long email basically saying Weston has bad fields and not enough fields and is being forced to shrink the size of its club and push off its Division 2 teams to Weston Select. What does that mean for Weston's revenue stream? I wonder if parents will be paying more to make that up?
          It just seems they are going to focus more on upper teams and the division 2 teams make them play division 2 and super rec teams and still have revenue from both sides.

Comment

what are the division 2 team, gold, blue, grey?

Comment

what are the division 2 team, gold, blue, grey?
              "All"

Comment

Yeah, interesting. It sounds like BS. Weston AYSO is creating their Select teams to fill that niche (D2). However they hate Weston FC. I doubt they would create an Alliance with them. I think they would try to work with just about anyone other than Weston FC for access to FYSA leagues. If FC is losing their Weston Regional Park fields it is probably because AYSO is taking them.

Like Weston FC would announce to the world they are losing fields and resources as they are trying to land Girls DA and after just landing ECNL. Color me unconvinced.

Comment

what??

Comment

Weston FC sells its membership on division 2

I smell garbage

Comment

Yeah, interesting. It sounds like BS. Weston AYSO is creating their Select teams to fill that niche (D2). However they hate Weston FC. I doubt they would create an Alliance with them. I think they would try to work with just about anyone other than Weston FC for access to FYSA leagues. If FC is losing their Weston Regional Park fields it is probably because AYSO is taking them.

Like Weston FC would announce to the world they are losing fields and resources as they are trying to land Girls DA and after just landing ECNL. Color me unconvinced.
                      what is wrong with you dude??? get a life.
                      Weston FC will concentrate on Div I soccer, nothing is wrong with that Gus ..go back to your cave now.

Comment

what is wrong with you dude??? get a life.
                        Weston FC will concentrate on Div I soccer, nothing is wrong with that Gus ..go back to your cave now.
                        What I find funny is that a few players that left Boca are now wondering why I said, Field Space was going to be an issue. Vista and Regional can't hold DA, ECNL, AYSO. Hey Andy can you chime in and tell us what is really happening? Did Weston get reduced to 1 field as AYSO is expanding at Regional? Organized right haters? Well at least they told you now instead of in August when you are practicing on a postage size field with 5 other teams. I hope that's not the case for Weston next year. Sounds like a cluster. Maybe DUSC will give them some field space? Let the fun begin...Struggles are coming.. LOL.

Comment

So, your point?

Comment

What I find funny is that a few players that left Boca are now wondering why I said, Field Space was going to be an issue. Vista and Regional can't hold DA, ECNL, AYSO. Hey Andy can you chime in and tell us what is really happening? Did Weston get reduced to 1 field as AYSO is expanding at Regional? Organized right haters? Well at least they told you now instead of in August when you are practicing on a postage size field with 5 other teams. I hope that's not the case for Weston next year. Sounds like a cluster. Maybe DUSC will give them some field space? Let the fun begin...Struggles are coming.. LOL.
                            Hence the merger with Davie dummie ...

Comment

Weston will get a cut of the D2 that they transfer under Weston Select. Focus on the D1 (Black/White), ECNL and DA. D2 is technically a full season of recreational play so what's the big deal Weston is smart by cutting off the fat and focusing on the best. Real clubs evolve. They are making a boat load on the ECNL, DA and D1 as a club. Cutting off 1 D2 about 8 teams but gaining 8 via ECNL just improved the team. Easy money still milking it via Weston Select. That's what primer teams do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X