Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is so right. Any kid who left has a parent that thought their kid should play more or couldn't handle TB discipline and how they prep kids for college soccer. So yes if you're kid is a wussy and she can't handle real coaches who prep her for college then TB isn't for you and BU is perfect for you! I can only speak about the one kid on my daughter's team who is leaving and she is exactly that and her parents have always been disconnected and think she should never come off the field. I guarantee you that girl will bounce around from club to club for the next 5 years. She is exactly the kid you're talking about. Every kid that can handle the tougher and experienced college coaches at TB has developed to go on to college soccer. Its not for everyone, its for serious players. Wussy's need not stay, you have a perfect club for you at BU.
    Please do tell what team your D is on.

Comment

This is so right. Any kid who left has a parent that thought their kid should play more or couldn't handle TB discipline and how they prep kids for college soccer. So yes if you're kid is a wussy and she can't handle real coaches who prep her for college then TB isn't for you and BU is perfect for you! I can only speak about the one kid on my daughter's team who is leaving and she is exactly that and her parents have always been disconnected and think she should never come off the field. I guarantee you that girl will bounce around from club to club for the next 5 years. She is exactly the kid you're talking about. Every kid that can handle the tougher and experienced college coaches at TB has developed to go on to college soccer. Its not for everyone, its for serious players. Wussy's need not stay, you have a perfect club for you at BU.
      While this may be the case for some players, many of the top girls are also looking for new opportunities and new coaches. TB, for all of its positives, is no longer progressing with the rest of US soccer. Look at the policy for age groups as just one example. Why fight what the rest of the world is doing? The leagues and tournaments that TB participate in were once powerhouses. That is no longer the case. Placing in the top 16 at SC is an achievement and one that the teams should be proud of. But it is simply a tournament. That's it. And most of the top club teams (ie ECNL) do not participate in SC. I am saying this as a TB parent, not bashing or saying one program is better than the other. The girls work hard, but let's be realistic. The TB club is not competing against the best out there. Girls are being placed in colleges, but at ones that they would qualify for academically anyways. Soccer is just an added bonus. I really hope that TB comes out of the dark ages soon. The facilities are great, team organization is great, top management and club vision...not so much.

Comment

Quote - And another question that perhaps someone can answer, it does not appear that TB is affiliated with US Soccer or any of its training programs. Any reason why?

This is completely wrong. Team Boca coaches receive their licensing through US Soccer and many of the players on teams U13 and older participated by invitation to the US Soccer training sessions held at other clubs. US soccer attempts to identify talent through both recommendations and observing games. Players are then invited to these training centers and attend them. Many times the sessions conflict with Team Boca practices and the club has still supported this. Players withing Team Boca have also been invited to and attended National Camp for their ages National Team.

This may not be listed on the website but it is a reality for all who want to pursue US Soccer training and invitations.

Comment

While this may be the case for some players, many of the top girls are also looking for new opportunities and new coaches. TB, for all of its positives, is no longer progressing with the rest of US soccer. Look at the policy for age groups as just one example. Why fight what the rest of the world is doing? The leagues and tournaments that TB participate in were once powerhouses. That is no longer the case. Placing in the top 16 at SC is an achievement and one that the teams should be proud of. But it is simply a tournament. That's it. And most of the top club teams (ie ECNL) do not participate in SC. I am saying this as a TB parent, not bashing or saying one program is better than the other. The girls work hard, but let's be realistic. The TB club is not competing against the best out there. Girls are being placed in colleges, but at ones that they would qualify for academically anyways. Soccer is just an added bonus. I really hope that TB comes out of the dark ages soon. The facilities are great, team organization is great, top management and club vision...not so much.
          Seriously? If you look at how the ECNL teams from Boca United fared in four of the five age groups, they would have gotten crushed if they played state cup. Calling State Cup "just a tournament" could be true, but using that same train of thought those collective games that the ECNL teams that BU got crushed in were just "games" right? How in the world are you going to get recruited to play in college when your team is getting spanked so bad? The coaches can't see what your players are capable of doing because they never touch the ball. Keep drinking that EE cool aid! What has the club ever done at a high level? Any state championships in 20+ years that EE has been there? Any real major championship wins? The 18 girls team was just a collection of recruited players that were developed at surrounding clubs. Sure, they have the "prestige" of playing in the DA Academy for boys and the ECNL for girls, however their performance in those leagues leaves a lot to be desired. I would rather have my kid coached by a college coach than someone who never even graduated from college and screams at his players all of the time.

Comment

I see that the responses always point back to the quality of coaches. That is always a subjective review. As the parent of a prospective player for TB, I really don't see where you are referencing these top level college coaches. Baker and Crane, maybe. FAU is D1 but not even in the top 100. None of the other coaches appear to be with a top college.

As for college placement, congratulations to all of the girls. Being a student-athlete is a huge accomplishment. But similar to the comments about coaches, I do not see where TB is excelling in getting their players to top programs.

And another question that perhaps someone can answer, it does not appear that TB is affiliated with US Soccer or any of its training programs. Any reason why?
            Don't make us all at TB laugh. Your kid isn't coming to TB so your attempt to be unbias is total BS. TB has by far the best staff and their coaches especially in older ages is second to nobody. I have no idea what you're talking about not supporting US soccer because my kid and several of her teammates go to ODP with full club support and can go to any ID programs they want. As far as colleges the 18's this year were all recruited and over half to D1 schools so again you're full of crapola. So instead of bashing anonymously why don't you at least name your club and their results before you put down TB's which most likely blows your kids club away in every area. It's hilarious how you will bash another club but never ever say your club. How come? Yes jealousy is a bitch!!

Comment

I don't remember how long this Talking Soccer Forum has existed but Ive been reading it on and off for about 5 years I think especially before tryouts because its a hoot. Every year people bash Team Boca and say how they're done, RIP, everyones leaving, all the college coaches quit, the Girls DOC quit, the Club director quit or went to another club, etc. etc etc. Its hysterical. Then every year I kid you not I see a post with every Team Boca player recruited to college all over the U.S. This year was no exception and maybe even one of their best years ever as far as D1 schools and good solid programs. So all I can say is that any intelligent person should just look at the facts, do your research and don't listen to all the garbage info posted on here that has no factual basis. My bet is that many of these comments aren't even from BU parents but really from parents of TB players who have either been cut or leaving because their kid keeps getting bench splinters or like another comment stated, they need their nose wiped!
              This is spot on. If you're going to bash TB then just say your club so we can all compare apples to apples. I know that you won't because you really don't want to compare true facts you just want to spew lies aninymously. You're a very sad little person.

Comment

Don't make us all at TB laugh. Your kid isn't coming to TB so your attempt to be unbias is total BS. TB has by far the best staff and their coaches especially in older ages is second to nobody. I have no idea what you're talking about not supporting US soccer because my kid and several of her teammates go to ODP with full club support and can go to any ID programs they want. As far as colleges the 18's this year were all recruited and over half to D1 schools so again you're full of crapola. So instead of bashing anonymously why don't you at least name your club and their results before you put down TB's which most likely blows your kids club away in every area. It's hilarious how you will bash another club but never ever say your club. How come? Yes jealousy is a bitch!!
                Wow! I hope that you are not indicative of the typical parent at TB. You are definitely a very angry person. My questions are legitimate. I found this thread and posted my questions. My family is relocating to the Boca area from Atlanta. My daughter currently plays at Atlanta Fire. We want her to continue in a similar program. South Florida has a lot to choose from. I don't see how I was bashing, but it makes me very suspicious how defensive you are about the TB program.

So please again, I ask the same questions. TB has two college coaches listed on their website. I don't see anyone else. Is there an updated list somewhere?

And for college recruitment, I am looking at the list of players for 2016. Congrats to all of them. However, I only see one player going to a D1 school in the top 300, Fairleigh Dickinson.

Comment

Quote - And another question that perhaps someone can answer, it does not appear that TB is affiliated with US Soccer or any of its training programs. Any reason why?

This is completely wrong. Team Boca coaches receive their licensing through US Soccer and many of the players on teams U13 and older participated by invitation to the US Soccer training sessions held at other clubs. US soccer attempts to identify talent through both recommendations and observing games. Players are then invited to these training centers and attend them. Many times the sessions conflict with Team Boca practices and the club has still supported this. Players withing Team Boca have also been invited to and attended National Camp for their ages National Team.

This may not be listed on the website but it is a reality for all who want to pursue US Soccer training and invitations.
                  Thanks for the response. No doubt that all coaches are licensed on the national level. We have ODP here too in Georgia, but that is not really a Club decision. My question was more towards why TB does not participate in DA for boys and ECNL for girls. The other South Florida clubs that we have researched all appear to be moving that way.

Comment

Team Boca was the first program to be approached by ECNL in South Florida. Team Boca declined this offer because ECNL does not allow currently active employed college coaches to coach teams. Team Boca felt very strongly that the expertise brought to the table by the current slate of coaches outweighed the benefit of ECNL participation.

Comment

Team Boca was the first program to be approached by ECNL in South Florida. Team Boca declined this offer because ECNL does not allow currently active employed college coaches to coach teams. Team Boca felt very strongly that the expertise brought to the table by the current slate of coaches outweighed the benefit of ECNL participation.
                      Sorry but US soccer had no interest in Team Boca

Comment

Not really there reason -- but either way, they are regretting that decision now.

Comment

Sorry but US soccer had no interest in Team Boca
                          Not true. TB was approached before BU was awarded the ECNL. Do you really think they preferred BU over TB? Who has the better facilities, better history, & is better organized??

Every year our team has had a meeting with the director. He tells you that TB is about preparing your girls to play in college. It's not just about soccer, but preparing the girls how to travel, and adjusting to rooming with different individuals. This past season, all the girls A team's had a college coach from U-13 on up. Losing the college coaches vs. playing ECNL probably didn't seem worth it, when your goal is to prepare the girls to play in college.

As far as US soccer, my daughter's team had 8 girls in the FL ODP pool this past year. That's about 10% of the ODP pool.

Yes, some girls will leave TB to go play ECNL at BU. If you are a BU parent, was it worth playing ECNL last year?

Comment

Wow! I hope that you are not indicative of the typical parent at TB. You are definitely a very angry person. My questions are legitimate. I found this thread and posted my questions. My family is relocating to the Boca area from Atlanta. My daughter currently plays at Atlanta Fire. We want her to continue in a similar program. South Florida has a lot to choose from. I don't see how I was bashing, but it makes me very suspicious how defensive you are about the TB program.

So please again, I ask the same questions. TB has two college coaches listed on their website. I don't see anyone else. Is there an updated list somewhere?

And for college recruitment, I am looking at the list of players for 2016. Congrats to all of them. However, I only see one player going to a D1 school in the top 300, Fairleigh Dickinson.
                            Ok. I'll bite. How many college coaches are listed at Boca United?

Comment

Not true. TB was approached before BU was awarded the ECNL. Do you really think they preferred BU over TB? Who has the better facilities, better history, & is better organized??

Every year our team has had a meeting with the director. He tells you that TB is about preparing your girls to play in college. It's not just about soccer, but preparing the girls how to travel, and adjusting to rooming with different individuals. This past season, all the girls A team's had a college coach from U-13 on up. Losing the college coaches vs. playing ECNL probably didn't seem worth it, when your goal is to prepare the girls to play in college.

As far as US soccer, my daughter's team had 8 girls in the FL ODP pool this past year. That's about 10% of the ODP pool.

Yes, some girls will leave TB to go play ECNL at BU. If you are a BU parent, was it worth playing ECNL last year?
                              Lies lies lies- no team at TB has more than 1 ODP players!
                              All clubs teach the kids how to travel and DA plus ECNL is the best and highest rated college prep program in the country. All the colleges look there first.

You are an idiot

Comment

Y'all come on over to Boynton. We are the worst club in Florida and need good players. Embarrassing ourselves at Disney now. Can't win a game even in the bottom brackets. We are focused on soccer not money for the DOC. That's what they told us. So it has to be the kids fault not the coaches and DOC. So come on over.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X