• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naples Optimist

I heard they were acquiring the FL Fire? Would be great for SFL soccer

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard they were acquiring the FL Fire? Would be great for SFL soccer
    Incorrect. JD will never give up his baby. It's funny how everyone realizes it would be great for SWFL, except him.

Comment

The fire are imploding

Best players headed north

Comment

Naples Optimist

What players are headed north? FL Fire? Age group? FL Fire has ties back to CHI Fire, how would this happen?

Comment

What players are headed north? FL Fire? Age group? FL Fire has ties back to CHI Fire, how would this happen?
          stop answering your own post, it's too obvious!

Comment

The Fire have ties to the MLS program like I have ties to my great, great, great, great grandfather from Scotland.

Besides, the MLS franchise has already told them that they have this coming season to either improve or lose their affiliation. They have practically nothing over there and unless they're able to somehow pull in a bunch of teams, they can kiss their affiliation goodbye come this time next year.

Comment

Naples Optimist

And you know this how?

Comment

The Fire have ties to the MLS program like I have ties to my great, great, great, great grandfather from Scotland.

Besides, the MLS franchise has already told them that they have this coming season to either improve or lose their affiliation. They have practically nothing over there and unless they're able to somehow pull in a bunch of teams, they can kiss their affiliation goodbye come this time next year.
                If that were even true I don't think the affiliation adds much.

Comment

Naples Optimist

True, they don't have many U14 and up teams. Not sure what they would do, but what other real programs exist in this area. Knights stink as does the whole soccer scene in Ft Myers/Naples area. What's this club or DOC doing to improve this?

Comment

And you know this how?
                    Because I've had conversations with Paul Williams and he's told me. Along with the MLS program threatening to pull the affiliation, the board has also started to say things like, "We don't need the Fire anyways" and such.

If you don't believe me, like I said, just look at the number of teams. They're struggling badly. Especially on the girls side.

Comment

If that were even true I don't think the affiliation adds much.
                      It doesn't. At all. To be fair, the Fire used to actually come down and the kids at least got to have a camp with the players and all that. Now though? The MLS program hasn't interacted with them in any meaningful way for some time, and they certainly don't get sent any coaches from there. For the past few years, it's just been marketing for the MLS team. But now, it's barely even doing that.

Comment

True, they don't have many U14 and up teams. Not sure what they would do, but what other real programs exist in this area. Knights stink as does the whole soccer scene in Ft Myers/Naples area. What's this club or DOC doing to improve this?
                        Southwest Florida soccer always has been a pit. It's however, it's definitely been improving. Despite what anyone thinks of the Knights, they are a good program and do good things. The new Elite Soccer Academy has an official partnership with West Ham United (There's a West Ham ID camp in August), as well as it's very own college recruiting agency in Sports Recruiting USA. All the other programs, such as the Strikers, Cape, and Fire are so far behind those two programs, it's laughable.

Comment

Southwest Florida soccer always has been a pit. It's however, it's definitely been improving. Despite what anyone thinks of the Knights, they are a good program and do good things. The new Elite Soccer Academy has an official partnership with West Ham United (There's a West Ham ID camp in August), as well as it's very own college recruiting agency in Sports Recruiting USA. All the other programs, such as the Strikers, Cape, and Fire are so far behind those two programs, it's laughable.
                          I hope no one is falling for the same person typing all of these responses. Fire just signed on last year for a few more years with Chicago Fire. They actually have more players and kids then the previous 2-years, so I'm not sure what you are talking about? This sounds like JD trying to stir up trouble.

Fire just had 4 teams in Round of 16, 3 teams in Round of 8 at State Cup, and still have a Final Four team. Knights are doing great with kids who left Fire as all 3 teams in Final Four have at least 4-5 Fire kids from year before. And no, not all left because they were unhappy. Girls didn't have numbers and were encouraged by previous coach to find best situation since there wasn't a team.

Don't believe anything on TS, even my posts. Just go to tryouts and ask coach. That's the only way to find out truth. How many teams Bonita have in State Cup? Round of 16?

Comment

Another SWFL club? Elite soccer academy? Haven't heard of them. Let me guess, is this JR's next attempt at a club?

Comment

I hope no one is falling for the same person typing all of these responses. Fire just signed on last year for a few more years with Chicago Fire. They actually have more players and kids then the previous 2-years, so I'm not sure what you are talking about? This sounds like JD trying to stir up trouble.

Fire just had 4 teams in Round of 16, 3 teams in Round of 8 at State Cup, and still have a Final Four team. Knights are doing great with kids who left Fire as all 3 teams in Final Four have at least 4-5 Fire kids from year before. And no, not all left because they were unhappy. Girls didn't have numbers and were encouraged by previous coach to find best situation since there wasn't a team.

Don't believe anything on TS, even my posts. Just go to tryouts and ask coach. That's the only way to find out truth. How many teams Bonita have in State Cup? Round of 16?
                              lol... I'm sure those 4-5 players from the Fire are the ONLY reason there are 3 Knights teams in the Final 4. No credit should be given to the other players on that team.
                              Having children at the Fire, I can tell you that I know of some families that are looking at other clubs. Hopefully my kids' teams have enough for a quality team or we may have to do the same. It will be a busy tryout week.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X