Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, EO pushed EO out. EO is was entering tournaments as GTBFC and then his team would wear his private organization uniforms. EO was also charging his players for an extra night of practice in addition to what the parents paid to the club. EO never bothered to let anyone know he was doing this. So EO caused his own problems. I still like him but you need to have the facts correct. Any club would have let him go after what he did. It was unethical.
    This is incorrect as my son played on EO's team and GTBFC. The additional training was part of our team budget and was approved by MR and the club and we wanted the additional training and understood the cost associated with the extra training which was also optional. The team trained the year before 4 days a week and made the final 4 and we wanted to continue with our 4 sessions a week but the club took one session out and increased the fees so that we can have extra fitness training session that ended up being a waste of time for our boys who hated the session and they stopped attending the group fitness session and ran their own fitness themselves. As far as having EO's private organization on the training shirts, EO was able to get team sponsors to offset the cost of the training gear and it was appropriate to have his logo on the sleeve just like any sponsor would if they gave money to a team or club. We never wore any uniforms at tournaments outside of GTBFC uniforms. Those training uniforms were better and more durable than the cotton T-Shirts that the club gets from soccer.com which were twice the cost compared to the dryfit once that the team purchased from a local vendor. I don't believe any of these were the reasons that he left the club. I believe that your fcats are incorrect because my son played for him at GTBFC and other parents will tell you this for a fact. We had no problem paying for the extra training and were made aware of it before the start of the season. Most coaches offer private lessons and they are not mandatory and the club regulates the private training fees that coaches charge so EO can choose to do private lessons if any player wanted it.

Comment

No worries, MR struck a deal with WP and will be helping out next season. DV will be DOC at Collier under MR's advise. Tryout is next week and everyone is gone for the summer so people will forget all these saga and come August, MR will be back running competitive at Collier. He is running the summer rec league and DV will just be the figure head on Paper. That is the game plan.
      MR looked for deals, all which were rejected by several clubs. MR. is out and has no association with WP or anywhere else presently. DV will be retained by WP to work with NM.

Comment

But yet, WC couldn't hold either team together. So turn that bright light of truth on your own club. You have problems.

Pasco County has always been a giant feeder club for Hillsborough clubs. That was changing with the WFF/GTB merger but it went all to hell.

Hopefully with the WP thing the club will grow in size sufficient to offer kids more than just USA league with the occasional FSPL team.

Best wishes to all the clubs this season!
        True. It has been a feeder of talent. WP currently offers CDL as well as USA. Maybe with a larger size other leagues are in the future.... but most kids who go chasing those leagues get no benefit out of them. The DA is worth it for a few, but not as many as get sold on it. The same is true for NPL.

Comment

This is incorrect as my son played on EO's team and GTBFC. The additional training was part of our team budget and was approved by MR and the club and we wanted the additional training and understood the cost associated with the extra training which was also optional. The team trained the year before 4 days a week and made the final 4 and we wanted to continue with our 4 sessions a week but the club took one session out and increased the fees so that we can have extra fitness training session that ended up being a waste of time for our boys who hated the session and they stopped attending the group fitness session and ran their own fitness themselves. As far as having EO's private organization on the training shirts, EO was able to get team sponsors to offset the cost of the training gear and it was appropriate to have his logo on the sleeve just like any sponsor would if they gave money to a team or club. We never wore any uniforms at tournaments outside of GTBFC uniforms. Those training uniforms were better and more durable than the cotton T-Shirts that the club gets from soccer.com which were twice the cost compared to the dryfit once that the team purchased from a local vendor. I don't believe any of these were the reasons that he left the club. I believe that your fcats are incorrect because my son played for him at GTBFC and other parents will tell you this for a fact. We had no problem paying for the extra training and were made aware of it before the start of the season. Most coaches offer private lessons and they are not mandatory and the club regulates the private training fees that coaches charge so EO can choose to do private lessons if any player wanted it.
          So you agree that the players paid EO for the extra training on top of what the parents paid to the club. You also agree that EO had his own shirts the team wore. So EO was out for the $$$. So it's okay for coaches to do whatever they want if the team is successful? I get it but to bad for the kid that can't afford to pay EO for the extra training.

Comment

So you agree that the players paid EO for the extra training on top of what the parents paid to the club. You also agree that EO had his own shirts the team wore. So EO was out for the $$$. So it's okay for coaches to do whatever they want if the team is successful? I get it but to bad for the kid that can't afford to pay EO for the extra training.
            It's obvious that you are unable to read and comprehend my post. As a parent, the club and the parents wanted and were aware of the extra payment fees and we (The parents) were okay with it and MR told us about this as additional expense so both the club, MR and EO made us well aware of the extra training fees so I don't see why you cannot understand that and why you are so upset about it. Maybe your son either got cut from the team or maybe you had a problem with it and chose to not want to pay for the extra training fees and if that is the case, it's your choice but you cannot speak for the ones that knew about it ahead of time. Like I said it was optional and as far as I can recollect, no one ever complained that he sent players that didn't pay home from the extra session. Based on your last comment, it is evident that you are probably one of those parents that couldn't afford the extra training and it now makes sense why you resent the fact that the club offered extra training at extra cost. Most clubs that offer the extra training for teams usually tag it on the club fee but GTBFC were open and made only teams that wanted to train extra decide as additional. At least MR and the club were transparent. So you are telling me that if a sponsor who paid or offset the cost for training t-shirts regardless of whom it was, they cannot put their logo on the t-shirt? It is evident that you don't understand sponsorship and how it works. Take for instance Emirates who sponsors some of the European teams like Arsenal, PSG etc, imagine that they cannot put their logo on their shirt, do you think they will sponsor those teams?

I hope you enjoyed this past season and maybe you got to contribute towards the fine that the team earned for forfeiting their 2nd round SC games after their blowout in the first game. At least you saved yourself some money for not getting the extra training and having a losing season. Good luck to you and your son this coming season. I am sure he will be trying out for a different club as they won't have a U18 team at Collier this year lol

Comment

Talk about bringing up the dead, this was two years ago. Get a life. Let me guess you get a check for doing your job and expect a raise as you get better? Or do you do it for free.

Comment

Talk about bringing up the dead, this was two years ago. Get a life. Let me guess you get a check for doing your job and expect a raise as you get better? Or do you do it for free.
                I was under the impression that it is not uncommon for certain coaches to require an additional training fee to agree to coach. I don't know that I'd agree to that as a parent (unless that coach has a track record of developing players and winning with something less than the best talent in the area I suppose), but I don't see the problem with that in concept if that cost is disclosed before registration.

Comment

MR looked for deals, all which were rejected by several clubs. MR. is out and has no association with WP or anywhere else presently. DV will be retained by WP to work with NM.
                  DV now appears on the WP website as the DOC of the collier campus. No reference to MR. I hope it works out for the kids and they can have a drama free year. Adults have a way of screwing up something fun for kids (and we see it here on this site everyday).

Comment

DV now appears on the WP website as the DOC of the collier campus. No reference to MR. I hope it works out for the kids and they can have a drama free year. Adults have a way of screwing up something fun for kids (and we see it here on this site everyday).
                    That's what adults do. Stop young people from have fun!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1828554]First I will answer your comment with facts and then give my opinion on the whole Pasco club/ merger situations.

Facts: If I can recollect, WC had a U13 girls team this year and GTBFC had no U13G team. Facts: WC had a U17 boys team won more SC games than GTBFC U17 who forfeited the rest of their second round game even after they got a bye for playing in FSPL.

Fact: WC has retained none of these teams for next season. All the decent players are heading for greener pastures.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1829074]
                        First I will answer your comment with facts and then give my opinion on the whole Pasco club/ merger situations.

Facts: If I can recollect, WC had a U13 girls team this year and GTBFC had no U13G team. Facts: WC had a U17 boys team won more SC games than GTBFC U17 who forfeited the rest of their second round game even after they got a bye for playing in FSPL.

Fact: WC has retained none of these teams for next season. All the decent players are heading for greener pastures.
                        Wow isn't that what development is about that the coach was able to take them to the next level and the fact that USA D2 players are able to make NPL and ECNL teams. Or are you saying that maybe ECNL and NPL league are not that strong if USA D2 players from WC are able to make those teams at TBU and WFF. Hmmmmm something to think about !!!!! You should appreciate and congratulate those girls for putting the work in the past 3 years and tryout is round the corner so don't be too quick to judge. Fact WC will have a U14 and U15 girls teams this coming year.
                        Facts: GTBFC had a team in SC Final 4 at U15 and also RD 16 at U16 under the same coach. You can slam both clubs if you like but they try to put coaches that are appropriate for developing players. Results and facts don't lie.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1829176]

Wow isn't that what development is about that the coach was able to take them to the next level and the fact that USA D2 players are able to make NPL and ECNL teams. Or are you saying that maybe ECNL and NPL league are not that strong if USA D2 players from WC are able to make those teams at TBU and WFF. Hmmmmm something to think about !!!!! You should appreciate and congratulate those girls for putting the work in the past 3 years and tryout is round the corner so don't be too quick to judge. Fact WC will have a U14 and U15 girls teams this coming year.
                          Facts: GTBFC had a team in SC Final 4 at U15 and also RD 16 at U16 under the same coach. You can slam both clubs if you like but they try to put coaches that are appropriate for developing players. Results and facts don't lie.
                          How does this matter in big scheme of things for life? Nothing whatsoever. GTBFC double their prices last year, had a good team to begin with etc. Now GTBFC is nothing on its own and WC is growing. I'm good w/ paying half the price and not chasing around the illusion of a SC Champion, and yet neither club brought home a state cup winner. So at the end of the day, 1 or 2 more games doesn't justify the extra cost of registration (fake training) or travel expenses. I'll fund my kids college fund w/ the extra $2500. Have a nice day

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1829311]

How does this matter in big scheme of things for life? Nothing whatsoever. GTBFC double their prices last year, had a good team to begin with etc. Now GTBFC is nothing on its own and WC is growing. I'm good w/ paying half the price and not chasing around the illusion of a SC Champion, and yet neither club brought home a state cup winner. So at the end of the day, 1 or 2 more games doesn't justify the extra cost of registration (fake training) or travel expenses. I'll fund my kids college fund w/ the extra $2500. Have a nice day
                            In other words, I'm happy having my kid play Rec soccer. Fund college because there's going to be no scholarship!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1829775]

In other words, I'm happy having my kid play Rec soccer. Fund college because there's going to be no scholarship!

Having a college fund is a smart move. The majority of us will be paying at least a healthy-sized portion of our kids cost of college. Full rides are difficult to come by. D1 teams only have 9.9 scholarships for the whole team. D2s have 9. And, those are NCAA maximums. Many schools choose not to fund a full 9.9/9. Even at the D1 level, most schools split them.

So, if your kid got a full scholarship, good for you. It is rare.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1829775]

It's all Rec soccer just some kids are more talented then others. Unless they are in MLS it means nothing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X