Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? Its not all about D1 schools first off. Not every player wants to play at D1 school even if they are good enough to play at a D1 school. There are some great universities with very decent soccer programs that are D2 and D3. College is also about academics and the right Major in case you haven't gone to college to know that. You've listed a recruitment site to show where all the kids are going to college and don't even realize thats a site that you have to send in to them your commitment to be listed there so that list isn't accurate at all. But then you top your ignorance off by showing the Team Boca recruited players from their own website and state they only have one D1 player when in fact most of their players this year are D1. Are you stupid? You no so little about what you're talking about that you don't even know which schools are D1. Hey smart ass, UTSA, Wagner, K State, Fairleigh D, Eastern Tenn, Fairfield, Cal, and Fau are all D1 schools and Team Boca had a very impressive recruitment class this year which is common. The D3 schools listed are tremendous schools. I know the girls and their parents from Pine Crest who are going to NYU and I can tell you that both girls could have gone to D1 schools but they wanted to go to a top academic school like NYU so your comments are absurd. I have no idea about the other clubs that you listed and they might have done a great job also and kudos to them if they did. I think its great to see all our S Florida girls being recruited. But Team Boca gets all their kids recruited every year and has to be one of the most consistent programs out there for recruitment so to say they aren't is just a lie pure and simple.
    This is so true. Most players and parents don't even know which schools are even D1 and which aren't yet everyone says D1 is the only good soccer. That's so stupid. Not only that but TB has their kids recruited every year and not just the past year so if you want really do some research check on two, three, four years ago also and not just one year. There were some clubs who have a good year of their kids recruited one year and then none the next. I don't think that's the sign of a good club but instead it's the sign of a good team. I'm happy to see there were some very good teams that got all recruited the past couple years from Florida and yes thats great and let's give credit to all of them but I agree TB has definitely set the bar and to say otherwise is silly.

Comment

This is so true. Most players and parents don't even know which schools are even D1 and which aren't yet everyone says D1 is the only good soccer. That's so stupid. Not only that but TB has their kids recruited every year and not just the past year so if you want really do some research check on two, three, four years ago also and not just one year. There were some clubs who have a good year of their kids recruited one year and then none the next. I don't think that's the sign of a good club but instead it's the sign of a good team. I'm happy to see there were some very good teams that got all recruited the past couple years from Florida and yes thats great and let's give credit to all of them but I agree TB has definitely set the bar and to say otherwise is silly.
      Sorry but TB has not set the bar. You are mistaken. Clubs all across the state do this and actually play soccer.

Comment

What the heck are you talking about? Its not all about D1 schools first off. Not every player wants to play at D1 school even if they are good enough to play at a D1 school. There are some great universities with very decent soccer programs that are D2 and D3. College is also about academics and the right Major in case you haven't gone to college to know that. You've listed a recruitment site to show where all the kids are going to college and don't even realize thats a site that you have to send in to them your commitment to be listed there so that list isn't accurate at all. But then you top your ignorance off by showing the Team Boca recruited players from their own website and state they only have one D1 player when in fact most of their players this year are D1. Are you stupid? You no so little about what you're talking about that you don't even know which schools are D1. Hey smart ass, UTSA, Wagner, K State, Fairleigh D, Eastern Tenn, Fairfield, Cal, and Fau are all D1 schools and Team Boca had a very impressive recruitment class this year which is common. The D3 schools listed are tremendous schools. I know the girls and their parents from Pine Crest who are going to NYU and I can tell you that both girls could have gone to D1 schools but they wanted to go to a top academic school like NYU so your comments are absurd. I have no idea about the other clubs that you listed and they might have done a great job also and kudos to them if they did. I think its great to see all our S Florida girls being recruited. But Team Boca gets all their kids recruited every year and has to be one of the most consistent programs out there for recruitment so to say they aren't is just a lie pure and simple.
        The players and the parents deserve all the credit for college! Not the club at all. Many years of work go into this and the parents deserve every bit of credit!!! Not the club. The players have work on the field to complete.

Anyone who tries to take credit for this is simply a snake and a liar!!

Comment

Sorry but TB has not set the bar. You are mistaken. Clubs all across the state do this and actually play soccer.

Is It true that Team Boca is NOT adopting birth year chart on the upcoming season?
          FYSA is , so ?

Comment

Is It true that Team Boca is NOT adopting birth year chart on the upcoming season?
            FYSA is , so ?
            not sure about TB but some clubs are adopting the birth year but then still allowing the younger age players in the same grade to play up so they keep their current teams together. That might be what Team Boca is doing but everyone has to go birth year registration to play in FYSA. They can just have the younger calendar players play up so there isn't any difference. I think most clubs will do the same but only with certain teams and have players play up especially the smaller clubs. US soccer even put out an article in soccer america that said they want clubs to do that so players who are good enough to play up (or stay with their current team) don't get held back. Some clubs will pick and choose when they have players play up and when not to so they could load certain teams.

Comment

The players and the parents deserve all the credit for college! Not the club at all. Many years of work go into this and the parents deserve every bit of credit!!! Not the club. The players have work on the field to complete.

Anyone who tries to take credit for this is simply a snake and a liar!!
              Really at TB the king Bill takes all the credit

Comment

FYSA is , so ?
                for sure they ARE NOT.
                They are staying with school year.

Comment

The line of high quality players leaving Team Boca keeps getting longer by the day.
                  Next year's U13 - U15 teams have lost players big time.

Thank you Bill D.

Comment

Important Notice From Team Boca Director
                    To All Team Boca Players & Families:

As you may have already heard, the US Soccer Federation has elected to change the youth player registration format to a calendar birth year designation (Jan - Dec) in place of the school year designation (Aug - July) presently used by US Youth Soccer associated clubs. As a result of that change, clubs will be allowed to re-shuffle their teams to only include the same calendar birth year players on each team. This would obviously dramatically change the player roster of every current team.

However, contrary to what has been publicized, US Soccer (and all associated organizations including US Youth Soccer and FYSA) do not require clubs to limit team rosters to only the same calendar birth year players. In fact, US Soccer has encouraged all subsidiary organizations to support and allow clubs to have the option to have players play up calendar birth year and remain on their current teams, and thus not limit team rosters to "only" the same calendar year birth dated players.

In my direct communication with Ryan Mooney, US Soccer's Director of Sport Development, he has assured me that US Soccer's motivation to change to a calendar birth year registration was "not to prohibit or impede players from continuing to play with their current teams". In fact, US Soccer expects that many competitive youth clubs will simply elect to have the current younger "calendar age birth year" players on each team continue to play with the older calendar year age players as they have been, and they do not discourage that option in any way whatsoever.

Therefore, Team Boca, as well as many larger clubs across our country who have a college prep mission statement and priority, will continue to keep all our current players together as a designated "school year/age" team and not limit team rosters to a specific calendar birth year only. Although the team or league designation/name may change to be called a specific year like "1998" or "1999" or, 18U, 17U, etc., we will continue to keep our school year players together by simply having the respective like school year 1999's play up on the same team as the like school year 1998's, etc., (for each grade/year) as they currently do. Please note that this will NOT be an option for players to decide! Team Boca will continue to have all of our players compete with their current team and will evaluate all players at tryouts within their same team / associated "school grade/age" group.

As you know, our club philosophy and mission statement at Team Boca is player development with an emphasis on college prep and recruitment. We feel that this decision to keep our current teams together and continue to field grade appropriate age teams is not only in the best interest of player development but also to dramatically benefit college recruitment! I have personally spent the past six months discussing this topic with numerous, well respected college coaches and I have yet to speak to one college coach who agrees with a calendar birth year only team roster, or does not feel that keeping players competing together by school grade/age is essential for their development and a major benefit for their college recruitment!

Therefore, Team Boca Tryouts will proceed in exactly the same manner as previous years and all players will compete with their current or school grade age designated group. The actual team name designations (1999's or 18U, etc.) have yet to be determined by our various leagues or state association, but all our teams will remain together regardless of the name they are ultimately labeled by. Our online tryout registration will again be available on our website in early April.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact ...............

(above cut and pasted from TB email)

Comment

The line of high quality players leaving Team Boca keeps getting longer by the day.
                      Next year's U13 - U15 teams have lost players big time.

Thank you Bill D.
                      Fear mongering against Team Boca must be all you have going for you.
                      Just knock it off and move on to your new club. Get over it.

Team Boca has been doing just fine since 1979 and that trend will continue.

Here's a link to verify just that:

http://www.teamboca.com/?page_id=31

Comment

Sound really defensive Bill.

Comment

Really at TB the king Bill takes all the credit
                          Not sure who you are talking about we have never met a bill

Comment

I know for a fact that many of those players never went to those schools or even made it through preseason training. Nice try DaddyO

Comment

As you may have already heard, the US Soccer Federation has elected to change the youth player registration format to a calendar birth year designation (Jan - Dec) in place of the school year designation (Aug - July) presently used by US Youth Soccer associated clubs. As a result of that change, clubs will be allowed to re-shuffle their teams to only include the same calendar birth year players on each team. This would obviously dramatically change the player roster of every current team.

However, contrary to what has been publicized, US Soccer (and all associated organizations including US Youth Soccer and FYSA) do not require clubs to limit team rosters to only the same calendar birth year players. In fact, US Soccer has encouraged all subsidiary organizations to support and allow clubs to have the option to have players play up calendar birth year and remain on their current teams, and thus not limit team rosters to "only" the same calendar year birth dated players.

In my direct communication with Ryan Mooney, US Soccer's Director of Sport Development, he has assured me that US Soccer's motivation to change to a calendar birth year registration was "not to prohibit or impede players from continuing to play with their current teams". In fact, US Soccer expects that many competitive youth clubs will simply elect to have the current younger "calendar age birth year" players on each team continue to play with the older calendar year age players as they have been, and they do not discourage that option in any way whatsoever.

Therefore, Team Boca, as well as many larger clubs across our country who have a college prep mission statement and priority, will continue to keep all our current players together as a designated "school year/age" team and not limit team rosters to a specific calendar birth year only. Although the team or league designation/name may change to be called a specific year like "1998" or "1999" or, 18U, 17U, etc., we will continue to keep our school year players together by simply having the respective like school year 1999's play up on the same team as the like school year 1998's, etc., (for each grade/year) as they currently do. Please note that this will NOT be an option for players to decide! Team Boca will continue to have all of our players compete with their current team and will evaluate all players at tryouts within their same team / associated "school grade/age" group.

As you know, our club philosophy and mission statement at Team Boca is player development with an emphasis on college prep and recruitment. We feel that this decision to keep our current teams together and continue to field grade appropriate age teams is not only in the best interest of player development but also to dramatically benefit college recruitment! I have personally spent the past six months discussing this topic with numerous, well respected college coaches and I have yet to speak to one college coach who agrees with a calendar birth year only team roster, or does not feel that keeping players competing together by school grade/age is essential for their development and a major benefit for their college recruitment!

Therefore, Team Boca Tryouts will proceed in exactly the same manner as previous years and all players will compete with their current or school grade age designated group. The actual team name designations (1999's or 18U, etc.) have yet to be determined by our various leagues or state association, but all our teams will remain together regardless of the name they are ultimately labeled by. Our online tryout registration will again be available on our website in early April.

I don't know when this was sent out but I do know that Team Boca is allowing players to tryout for their birth year age team also and not just their school grade team which this says above. So it must have changed. I think they are giving the player the choice now.

Comment

This is the way it should be! Does anyone know of any clubs doing this in the south Broward North Dade area?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X