Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Soccer Has Added Three more GDA teams to New Jersey

US Soccer has either really lost their minds or the agenda has really been set forth to go after the money and never mind being the top and the example of higher standards. If we can't beat them..................LETS JOIN THEM............that's the attitude I feel that they just took in the decision to add these three clubs.

Let's be honest and real with this......I get it and its okay for them to add however many teams they want to their brand or league and at the end of the day families will decide if that's the path they want there child to take in the hopes that they will be called in for a National Camp or whatever. I am just laughing at US Soccer now and not in a way where I feel my child did not get a shot or getting a shot. Its just about they are doing everything that the were against in the beginning and everything that they were trying to get rid of and that's the watered down player pools and bring all the best players into one environment to train and play............well they just through that out the door.

Let's take the three they just added before getting to the one currently. Now lets just start with how in my opinion or my crazy mind of thinking they did this. Okay so the tried to split the state of NJ into 4 parts. North 1 and North 2, Central and South. This being that you have a semi established conference to help with travelling. You take STA up north who will try to compete for the Matchfit/PDA kids and you have the Cedar Stars Bergen who will compete for the World Class/PDA kids. Lets just say that's the truth and I could be way off base on that but again in my CRAZY thought process in my mind. Now you have SJEB which would compete for the kids that would go to some of the Pa. ECNL teams along with those coming from the south up into the North for some better ECNL teams. Now the true slap in the face comes to Cedar Stars Monmouth. I get Cedar Stars Bergen because its a part of Cedar Stars overall club, so I give them that and I get it that it should be in the GDA as well. Cedar Stars Monmouth is already struggling to keep and get the top talent in the area but the fact that they have GDA is gives them something different and something that should be special in the state. What US Soccer just did was WEAKER CSA player pool or should I say potentially do that. All these kids at CSA Monmouth have gone from trying to build the US SOCCER Brand and sacrificing the chitter chatter of not playing US Soccer worthy teams as far as competition goes to basically slapping them in the face and saying HEY I got some new for you..........You are going to be play EDP now to further your experience and development.

Please don't take it as I am saying STA, SJEB or CSA Bergen is any lesser or those beautiful hard working young ladies don't deserve or less deserving. What I am saying is that, and I don't care what anyone says but NJ doesn't have THAT MANY elite or by US SOCCER YNT standards worthy players. Yes we have ALOT OF TALENTED young kids.......yes we do and we beat and compete with the best in the country. Enough to fill FOUR GDA teams worth.............I don't know about that.

Serious what can US SOCCER GDA right now offer to these clubs that they don't already have. STA has been relevant for years. They have always have great players that go one or join other top teams in the state that have been developed at STA. What can US SOCCER really offer them. They have the training already in place. Same for SJEB and CSA Bergen. Its already in place and don't be fooled its ALL about the ENVIRONMENT that you are in weekly and if you are in an environment that is ALREADY doing what it needs to do for its PLAYERS and they are ATTRACTING TOP Talent from not only greater NJ but the close surrounding states. Yes that's right you are still dealing with the two elephants in the room of PDA and MATCHFIT.

So where US SOCCER has gone away from being the top.............welcome to YOUTH SOCCER and enjoy this ride and this season and next should be very interesting.

It isn't about having YNT level players. Those girls get identified no matter what and it happens early enough that a league that goes to U19 does not matter for them. They're almost all from California, Texas, etc anyway so it barely signifies in the NE.

This is about creating a league and offering an alternative to ECNL. I have to assume that beyond the club announcements there will be more news on the league structure and rules soon. Everyone can complain about NYCFC leaving but it was only a sham move by world class, never actually a club and only existed for two years. CFG never had a thing to do with them, really.

Now that leaves a hole in the area and there's clubs looking to fill it. SJEB doesn't really count as it is so far south it is not competing with Northern Jersey teams for players. I am only surprised they added both CSA Bergen and STA. I'd have thought one or the other, not both.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It isn't about having YNT level players. Those girls get identified no matter what and it happens early enough that a league that goes to U19 does not matter for them. They're almost all from California, Texas, etc anyway so it barely signifies in the NE.

This is about creating a league and offering an alternative to ECNL. I have to assume that beyond the club announcements there will be more news on the league structure and rules soon. Everyone can complain about NYCFC leaving but it was only a sham move by world class, never actually a club and only existed for two years. CFG never had a thing to do with them, really.

Now that leaves a hole in the area and there's clubs looking to fill it. SJEB doesn't really count as it is so far south it is not competing with Northern Jersey teams for players. I am only surprised they added both CSA Bergen and STA. I'd have thought one or the other, not both.
      I thought the previous poster put it quite nicely. This year N.J. only had 1 GDA club, and They struggled to attract the quality players needed to make great teams. Now you’re adding 3 more clubs??? Is it because.NYCFC pulled out? Then why only add up to U15 at CSA Bergen? STA is not going to attract the players from CT and Westchester on the NYCFC teams. It actually looks like US Soccer looked at an ECNL map and just plopped random clubs next to any ECNLclub in NY and NJ.

If I was looking for a place for my daughter, I would be looking at the PDA’s and the World Class FC’s. Never even knew CSA had a Bergen branch and no way I’m driving to STA

Comment

It's all about market share. Always has been and continues to be. Quality was never in the formula.

Comment

Wait, how come N.J. Rush didn’t get in? I thought Capelli was buying out US Soccer???

Comment

Wait, how come N.J. Rush didn’t get in? I thought Capelli was buying out US Soccer???
            Silly SJEB are part of Rush and YES, that does mean that Capelli owns 3 of the 4 clubs in NJ GDA.

Comment

First off...Capelli Sports is a uniform company owned by George Altiers, who also owns CSA Bergen and CSA Monmouth. George Altiers does not own SJEB Rush as clarified on one of the threads further below. Capelli Sports entered into a partnership to provide uniforms, clothing, gear to all Rush clubs — but neither Altiers or Capelli own Rush or SJEB.

Comment

Silly SJEB are part of Rush and YES, that does mean that Capelli owns 3 of the 4 clubs in NJ GDA.
                Again, me being the poster of the first post......I have no problem with them allowing whoever in the league.........at this point it's nothing special as it was suppose to be. Now its just like ECNL, EDP, MOSA, MID NJ, Region 1....etc. Just another league and that's where I have the problem. It shouldn't be that way. My kids are not in the GDA and its not a matter if I think they should or shouldn't. Its a matter of what they are doing to these kids that committed to them as being something special and being part of something that was like no other. Its just a real shame and its nothing to do with the clubs that are joining. Its all about the HIGHER UPS in US Soccer who are only seeing the $$$$ signs and sure these teams are helping fund the USMNT and USWNT I get it but its just crazy to see it all not falling apart but falling into the same level as all other leagues across America. I really feel sorry for CSA. I still remember when the clubs were dropping out and they touted that they were the only GDA in the state of NJ and was selling that. NOW WHAT......and I honestly do feel sorry for the parents because I can assure you this is not what they expected. Who is next to GDA..............FC COPA and not saying that in a bad way but just imagine...........

Comment

Again, me being the poster of the first post......I have no problem with them allowing whoever in the league.........at this point it's nothing special as it was suppose to be. Now its just like ECNL, EDP, MOSA, MID NJ, Region 1....etc. Just another league and that's where I have the problem. It shouldn't be that way. My kids are not in the GDA and its not a matter if I think they should or shouldn't. Its a matter of what they are doing to these kids that committed to them as being something special and being part of something that was like no other. Its just a real shame and its nothing to do with the clubs that are joining. Its all about the HIGHER UPS in US Soccer who are only seeing the $$$$ signs and sure these teams are helping fund the USMNT and USWNT I get it but its just crazy to see it all not falling apart but falling into the same level as all other leagues across America. I really feel sorry for CSA. I still remember when the clubs were dropping out and they touted that they were the only GDA in the state of NJ and was selling that. NOW WHAT......and I honestly do feel sorry for the parents because I can assure you this is not what they expected. Who is next to GDA..............FC COPA and not saying that in a bad way but just imagine...........
                  Copa, Stallions, Watchung Hills, TSF, Rush, GPS .... everyone can have a GDA team or 2 ... the more the merrier. YAY FOR SOCCER! Every kid now has a shot for a US Soccer patch on their sleeve, a GDA patch on their backpack and a legitimate shot at the NT! YIPPEE!!!

Comment

Where does it say Capelli owns Rush?

**Rush Soccer and Capelli Sport Announce Historic Partnership**

Capelli Sport to Become Official Uniform and Apparel Supplier in 2019

Rush Soccer, the internationally recognized sporting organization focused on the development of soccer players, and Capelli Sport, the international sportswear and team wear brand, have announced a historic long-term partnership.

This partnership will create opportunities for all Rush players from the recreational level all the way up to the professional ranks.

According to the terms of the agreement, the partnership, which will see Capelli Sport become the official uniform, retailer and fan gear supplier to Rush Soccer, will officially begin June 2019. All on-field and off-field player and coach apparel, accessories and equipment will be exclusively Capelli Sport. Through in-house production and shipping processes, Capelli Sport will provide kits to Rush Soccer consumers at equal quality and lower cost than its competitors, along with a customized Rush blue pigmentation on all Rush branded apparel. The apparel company will set Rush Soccer players and fans apart on the fields, while also supporting grassroots programs and services. The new partnership in 2019 brings with it like-minded parties set on providing quality service, care, and growth to all members outfitted in the Rush “R”.

Rush Soccer has partnered with more than 90 clubs across the globe, and provides a comprehensive club development curriculum that benefits more than 35,000 players. As the largest soccer club in the world, and with an ever-expanding footprint across the globe, Rush Soccer is creating a brand of soccer unavailable anywhere else. The organization’s extensive network of professional coaches and technical staff are dedicated to the the betterment of soccer across the world and developing a better quality of soccer player within the Rush system.

Comment

First, I do agree with youth soccer, boys and girls, youth soccer has become a money making scheme. As a former player, coach, trainer, and parent, with 1 boy in college, and 1 at U12, I see the boys side from a different lens.

This is a GDA forum, so what do I think on the girls' side? There was misinformation from 1 poster.

The USWNT has 3 players from NJ, and add another 2 if NY and Conn are included. These girls may travel 1 hour 30 min just to practice in NJ.

There are 0, ZERO, USWNT members from Texas, there are 6 from Cali.

The teams on GDA in the younger ages will benefit from Klinsmann's rules by default, and I am already seeing many more girls at the U12 age, that if nature does its thing and they keep improving at current pace, in 3 years, you will have more girls feed the USWNT system than in the past.

NJ is a gauntlet, you throw everyone in, and the biggest / strongest pitbull wins. This sucks. This is not soccer. Someone please watch an EPL game!

Play fast, hard, not dirty. That's the USMNT formula, and how many world cups have we won? So you say soccer is a physical sport, yes, but tackles from behind without ball contact on the offensive side will always draw a card, outside of the US.

The next improvement that must happen in GDA is that they need investment in better coaching, educators to teach the parents the beautiful game, nutrition, training, and this stupid GDA league thing will work itself out. There will be enough talent in just 3 years, in NJ.

Because the USWNT is the only team holding US Soccer together right now. And, we're doing our own thing as if the rest of the world does not have good soccer programs.

Can you imagine what's going to happen when Barca, Liverpool, ManU, Bayern, Sporting, Ajax, all start Women's programs? Wait, so you say they already started training women?

So the bigger picture is to go to US soccer and demand fairness.

Comment

^ look at the younger NT camp call ups and U20s or U18s, not the full NT - it's dominated largely dominated elsewhere, not the NE. NJ and NY get a few. MA and CT even fewer.

What USSF designed is not going to keep us ahead of the world as the rest of the world catches up. Instead they designed a league to try and push out ECNL. It doesn't serve the needs of the nation's top players.

Comment

On USWNT rosters, no bull****:
                          https://www.ussoccer.com/

NJ has 2 or 3 on each, there are cases in the younger rosters whereby NJ gets 1 or none. But at U-20, there are 3 from NJ.

Yes, Cali gets 6. But Tx, hardly represented.

Players do come from all over, and there's no consistency from roster to roster.

Even talking about this is silly, focus on training each day, something different.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X