Florida Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not mean to insult you. Let me rephrase it, there are plenty of opportunities for these high level teams to compete that they do not need to be playing against teams not at their level. It's the same as them entering a tournament in a bronze division to get a trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I did not mean to insult you. Let me rephrase it, there are plenty of opportunities for these high level teams to compete that they do not need to be playing against teams not at their level. It's the same as them entering a tournament in a bronze division to get a trophy.
      which teams are you referring too that are too good for the tournament? Other than a Showcase event that may require out of state travel, I see same caliber of teams as play any of the bigger Florida Tournaments. My son's team plays the higher division of FSPL league and I see similar caliber teams entered in his age group. Not sure if it is what you are implying, but I also see a lot of criticism on TS of teams playing lower brackets of tournaments to chase Got Soccer points. I can't believe any good team wants to play down just to get such points, and furthermore I don't think it even works for that. Teams we have been part of always want to play the best competition they can even if it means losing. Can't imagine very many teams are any different in this respect.

Comment

Let me say that there very few if any top 10 regular teams that can beat an ECNL boys team especially U16 and up. The talent and competiveness is better. This is not coming from a uninformed arrogant parent but one that has 2 boys one in ecnl and other in another clubs top team.
        Now maybe last year when it was boys ECNL first year but not now.

Comment

Talking-Soccer

Let me say that there very few if any top 10 regular teams that can beat an ECNL boys team especially U16 and up. The talent and competiveness is better. This is not coming from a uninformed arrogant parent but one that has 2 boys one in ecnl and other in another clubs top team.
          Now maybe last year when it was boys ECNL first year but not now.
          I agree ECNL is likely to get better as it gets better established and adds clubs to areas not currently represented. I was buying into it myself until my sons US16 FSPL team played and beat a couple of ECNL teams in a tournament. Both ECNL teams were very good and the matches were substantially even, but his team is 2-0 against ECNL. The fact you have a son on his club's top teams and they are not as good as an ECNL team means nothing. Other teams are. I have not seen most of the ECNL teams, but assume they are all very good and most would be in top 10 of all non-DA teams. At least a few would probably be #1 in state, but based on what I saw in our two games they are not on a distinct higher level the way DA is. At least not yet.

Comment

I agree ECNL is likely to get better as it gets better established and adds clubs to areas not currently represented. I was buying into it myself until my sons US16 FSPL team played and beat a couple of ECNL teams in a tournament. Both ECNL teams were very good and the matches were substantially even, but his team is 2-0 against ECNL. The fact you have a son on his club's top teams and they are not as good as an ECNL team means nothing. Other teams are. I have not seen most of the ECNL teams, but assume they are all very good and most would be in top 10 of all non-DA teams. At least a few would probably be #1 in state, but based on what I saw in our two games they are not on a distinct higher level the way DA is. At least not yet.
            Would love to know the u16 ecnl teams your sons team beat. TBU is the only club who lets u15 and above play in non ecnl games...

Comment

Would love to know the u16 ecnl teams your sons team beat. TBU is the only club who lets u15 and above play in non ecnl games...
              OCYS, JAYFC, FKK, & TBU U16 ECNL teams have all played games against non-ECNL teams in 2018-19. You can look it up yourself if you don't believe. You will also find some ECNL losses in these games. It is obviously discouraged because it does not happen very often, but it must not be an absolute rule like it is with DA. I am also aware of a couple out of state ECNL teams that played in the Disney Showcase at U17 & U15. Again they did not always win. I don't have any agenda, just stating facts.

Comment

OCYS, JAYFC, FKK, & TBU U16 ECNL teams have all played games against non-ECNL teams in 2018-19. You can look it up yourself if you don't believe. You will also find some ECNL losses in these games. It is obviously discouraged because it does not happen very often, but it must not be an absolute rule like it is with DA. I am also aware of a couple out of state ECNL teams that played in the Disney Showcase at U17 & U15. Again they did not always win. I don't have any agenda, just stating facts.
                Thank you, point taken. Boys ecnl started last year so I would give the previous season a pass but not this year and going forward. While ecnl does not have rules in place yet like DA you should not be seeing ecnl teams playing fl cup or other non showcase tournaments, what's the point. This year you will not see most ecnl team in any. Not to single one out but TBU ecnl seems to be the only one this year, this team is comprised of some former DA players so playing against CDL teams and even fl cup should not be their part of season. Winning against teams 6 and 9 -0 means zip. I have no issue with ecnl playing in showcase tournaments in the showcase bracket but CDL/fl cup, come on. Just as a FYI ecnl teams play 24 games vs other ecnl teams and 2 ecnl showcase events.

Comment

Thank you, point taken. Boys ecnl started last year so I would give the previous season a pass but not this year and going forward. While ecnl does not have rules in place yet like DA you should not be seeing ecnl teams playing fl cup or other non showcase tournaments, what's the point. This year you will not see most ecnl team in any. Not to single one out but TBU ecnl seems to be the only one this year, this team is comprised of some former DA players so playing against CDL teams and even fl cup should not be their part of season. Winning against teams 6 and 9 -0 means zip. I have no issue with ecnl playing in showcase tournaments in the showcase bracket but CDL/fl cup, come on. Just as a FYI ecnl teams play 24 games vs other ecnl teams and 2 ecnl showcase events.
                  24 games + 2 ECNL Showcase events is a lot of games and all against quality competition. I agree based on that alone there should be no reason to play other games/tournaments even if some of the games would be competitive. Reason being 28+ games is enough and why play 3-4 games in a tournament to get 1-2 that may be competitive. I was not aware they play that many games.

Comment

so.. since my son is on one of these teams you listed above...and they have not played any games that are not ecnl...I will call BS...you should have just stuck with the truth and you could have gotten away with it...so try again. maybe state your sons team and we can pull up game history

Comment

24 games + 2 ECNL Showcase events is a lot of games and all against quality competition. I agree based on that alone there should be no reason to play other games/tournaments even if some of the games would be competitive. Reason being 28+ games is enough and why play 3-4 games in a tournament to get 1-2 that may be competitive. I was not aware they play that many games.
                      and that is also with them taking off Nov-Feb for high school since as we all know ECNL allows HS and DA doesn't.. : )

Comment

so.. since my son is on one of these teams you listed above...and they have not played any games that are not ecnl...I will call BS...you should have just stuck with the truth and you could have gotten away with it...so try again. maybe state your sons team and we can pull up game history
                        Your statement is absolutely untrue. Anyone who is interested can pull up the gotsoccer game history of the mentioned teams and verify my statement is 100% true. As I said I have no agenda. ECNL is the second highest level of soccer after DA and all of the mentioned teams are excellent. The mentioned teams however have all played at least one game against non ECNL teams. It is in the record. It is okay. Your son is still a good player

Comment

which of the mentioned ECNLs team has not played against a non-ECNL team? This is not a matter of opinion. It is easy enough to check the teams' game history. if I made a mistake I will admit and correct my statement

Comment

which of the mentioned ECNLs team has not played against a non-ECNL team? This is not a matter of opinion. It is easy enough to check the teams' game history. if I made a mistake I will admit and correct my statement
                            don't have a dog in this hunt but in looking at got soccer info...ecnl season began September 1st and neither JAYFC,OCYS or FKK u16 have played any tournaments (non Showcase) since Sept 1st.... if you want to look at pre-season july/august then go for it... but since September 1st, nada..

Comment

don't have a dog in this hunt but in looking at got soccer info...ecnl season began September 1st and neither JAYFC,OCYS or FKK u16 have played any tournaments (non Showcase) since Sept 1st.... if you want to look at pre-season july/august then go for it... but since September 1st, nada..
                              Now you are reaching. Okay, if mid to late august games for some reason don't count as games then maybe the mentioned ECNL teams have never played a non-ECNL team. Gotta love the spin. All is right with the world again. Self-worth restored. To completely fix things through you probably should come up with some reason why the December Disney Showcase games played by out of state ECNL teams don't count as games. Never mind, why don't we just leave it as ECNL teams are far superior and would never play a non-ECNL team and leave it at that. It is just kids playing soccer. Holy crap.

Comment

Boo effing hooooo

I dont want any top level teams playing so my kid can win a trophy..........

Be a better parent...make your kid get out of their room, off the phone, out of sight from the computer...go outside and kick the ball around with other kids!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X