Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How was it comical? Uconn has a head coach, two associates and a volunteer assistant. What in conference team does your buddy’s kid play for that doesn’t have the same?
    GK coach and an assistant GK coach (not listed but they have them), as well as a "Director of Soccer Administration" and "Director of Soccer Quality Control" https://uconnhuskies.com/coaches.aspx?path=msoc

They just announced another transfer in, international who played 2 years at Louisville https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2019/2...o-program.aspx

Comment

And that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP’s statement about the number of coaches, but thanks for your input.
      Sure it does. RR and his staff of overpaid lemmings have underachieved. If you’re going to command the big bucks and the support that they have gotten, you need to deliver the goods. He hasn’t in a very long time. Time to move him out before the destruction of the program is complete.

Comment

You can check on the state employee pay website every UCONN employees salary but then with RR. Add camp and the Mohegan sun coaches clinic. The money he makes off UCONN is ridiculous. He should be the nicest human being but instead he’s the biggest douche

Comment

Sure it does. RR and his staff of overpaid lemmings have underachieved. If you’re going to command the big bucks and the support that they have gotten, you need to deliver the goods. He hasn’t in a very long time. Time to move him out before the destruction of the program is complete.
          Look, I’m no RR or Uconn supporter by any means, but you can’t argue with the results. Analyze this list anyway you want, but I’m not sure how you define success in college soccer? They get to the tourney almost every single year. That’s quite an accomplishment. The guy can be a douche, but to say he doesn’t get results is false.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA...nces_by_school

Comment

Look, I’m no RR or Uconn supporter by any means, but you can’t argue with the results. Analyze this list anyway you want, but I’m not sure how you define success in college soccer? They get to the tourney almost every single year. That’s quite an accomplishment. The guy can be a douche, but to say he doesn’t get results is false.

They do fine most years. For many schools that's good enough for a non revenue sport the school doesn't care much about. RR will retire from UCONN. Is what it is. A few CT players HS e had success there but not many. Most don't last

Comment

They do fine most years. For many schools that's good enough for a non revenue sport the school doesn't care much about. RR will retire from UCONN. Is what it is. A few CT players HS e had success there but not many. Most don't last

That's because most aren't good enough to last. You prove it on the pitch, in training and in games. If you can't rise to the challenge, you sit the bench or you leave. It's that simple.

I recall a line from the movie, A League of Their Own. It's a great line and it's become part of my coaching mantra. It kind of goes like this:

Yes, this is hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the "hard" that makes it so special. If it wasn't hard, then anyone could do it and then it would not be special.

Those CT boys want to last and play? Then they need to work harder to make it happen. Coaches put the players on the field they believe will lead to a win, particularly at the college and professional levels. That's what they are paid for in the first place. And I'm certain that this is what Ray believes he is doing.

Comment

That's because most aren't good enough to last. You prove it on the pitch, in training and in games. If you can't rise to the challenge, you sit the bench or you leave. It's that simple.

I recall a line from the movie, A League of Their Own. It's a great line and it's become part of my coaching mantra. It kind of goes like this:

Yes, this is hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the "hard" that makes it so special. If it wasn't hard, then anyone could do it and then it would not be special.

Those CT boys want to last and play? Then they need to work harder to make it happen. Coaches put the players on the field they believe will lead to a win, particularly at the college and professional levels. That's what they are paid for in the first place. And I'm certain that this is what Ray believes he is doing.
                Many shouldn't have been there in the first place. Easy to pick some local players with little effort for practice cones. Toss them a few token dollars for their cheaper instate tuition and they're thrilled to get into the school. They should have done their due diligence on who RR picks and plays. Many CT players aren't up to snuff; small state without much top talent. Fact.

Comment

Ray sucks.

Comment

Here’s what you can argue. He’s missed the tournament entirely 3 times in the last 5 years. And the 2 he made it, they didn’t do very well. Coming out of a weak conference no less. And he’s one of the highest paid coaches on top of that. There’s a ton of turnover which isn’t great for graduation rates (something UConn has a problem with in men’s hoops which is one of the reasons they were left without a chair when the music stopped in the conference reshuffling) With money and support comes expectations. He’s doing just fine if he was the coach at QU, but not great at UConn with the level of support he has. New stadium opens in 2020. If he has two below average seasons, he will be shown the door.

Comment

Former UConn Player in last 5 years

The only coaches paid at UConn are RR,JD,and MM.

Comment

The only coaches paid at UConn are RR,JD,and MM.
                        They all suck

Comment

They all suck
                          Funny your “partner” said you could suck a golf ball thru a garden hose

Comment

Funny your “partner” said you could suck a golf ball thru a garden hose
                            Look at this phobic fellow. Are you protecting uconn coaches with slurs? How short sighted. Typical of limited intelligence. Ray should go.

Comment

I agree. Get rid of this grumpy oaf

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X