Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s not a club. It’s one team. The little relevance they have will end in four months.
    Yup. And the really sleazy part is forming other teams solely to generate revenue to underwrite that one team.

Comment

Yup. And the really sleazy part is forming other teams solely to generate revenue to underwrite that one team.
      Yeah I heard CU offers to pay for specific players dues to get them to come over while passing the added cost to the rest of the players in the club.

Comment

Again trying to point the finger at the ECNL when they were never the topic of conversation. Listen, your club is a joke, your DOC a liar and your coach a self-serving manipulating narcissist. DA and ECNL coaches don't bring their children to practice, cancel for basketball and never show up late. They don't engage is backroom chatter and texting with other parents about other members of the team. They may not be the coaches you think they should be but at least they pretend to be professional. Your coach still runs her team exactly like you would predict a "mother" would. Whether FCSC is "better" than the ECNL is a circular argument.
        How sexist can you be? Take your bleeping “mother” comments and shove them up your obviously ingrained sexist kiester! Being a female parent has nothing to do with showing up on time or skipping practices. News flash many coaches are fathers, and being a male parent does not predispose them to do those things either. It is about the person and how they prioritize and organize their life, not their gender. As for bringing kids to practice, I have seen that go well and go distractingly. I do not see set rules with this, it just depends on the individual kid’s behavior. Some do just fine popping a squat and doing homework or juggling with a ball or playing at a nearby park or watching or playing with a phone etc. If they are not distracting, what do you care?

Comment

Yeah I heard CU offers to pay for specific players dues to get them to come over while passing the added cost to the rest of the players in the club.
          That’s called a scholarship. All legitimate clubs offer them. I can see why a Salmon Creek parent would be unfamiliar with the concept.

Comment

Yes Ecnl travels 2-3x as much as salmon creek and to not even come close to matching college placements speaks volumes for the amount of waste and propaganda Ecnl is.

Salmon creek had a 98s team that out college placed fc Portland Ecnl 98.

Has there been a year where a 1-1.5k trip per kid hasn’t been cancelled while they are their?

Sounds pretty dumb to me.

I’d love to keep arguing the merits of Ecnl vs an OYSA travel team that was 2x cheaper and out developed and out college placed both Ecnl clubs combined.

You keep talking trash about the coach but you forget that you stink way worse...
            This was FC Portland's college placement for 2016. Salmon Creek had more?

Alexis Kerr

Linfield College

Ali Graham

Pacific Lutheran University

Brooke Shirly

Hamline University

Caitlin Kastelic

Western Oregon University

Diana Santiago

Oregon State University

Juliana Guthner

University of Colorado Boulder

Lilliane French

Santa Clara

Lucy Davidson

University of Portland

Michelle Escobar

Portland State University

Natalie Muth

University of Portland

Rachel Khaw

University of Portland

Rylee Seekins

University of Portland

Sophie French

Santa Clara

Taylor Kernion

Gonzaga University

Comment

This was FC Portland's college placement for 2016. Salmon Creek had more?

Alexis Kerr

Linfield College

Ali Graham

Pacific Lutheran University

Brooke Shirly

Hamline University

Caitlin Kastelic

Western Oregon University

Diana Santiago

Oregon State University

Juliana Guthner

University of Colorado Boulder

Lilliane French

Santa Clara

Lucy Davidson

University of Portland

Michelle Escobar

Portland State University

Natalie Muth

University of Portland

Rachel Khaw

University of Portland

Rylee Seekins

University of Portland

Sophie French

Santa Clara

Taylor Kernion

Gonzaga University

So funny that many of them are 1-2 transplants. I don’t feel
              Bad that thorns is stealing your 1-2 recruitment attempts. Funny that this class of UP players led to the crumbling of UP. Recruitment class went from top 10 to not even ranked..

Comment

So funny that many of them are 1-2 transplants. I don’t feel
                Bad that thorns is stealing your 1-2 recruitment attempts. Funny that this class of UP players led to the crumbling of UP. Recruitment class went from top 10 to not even ranked..
                Coach was let go shortly following.

Comment

This is a funny topic.

Someone comes in here and literally says,

“Recreational Club A is better than Recreational Club B.

Comment

Yes Ecnl travels 2-3x as much as salmon creek and to not even come close to matching college placements speaks volumes for the amount of waste and propaganda Ecnl is.

Salmon creek had a 98s team that out college placed fc Portland Ecnl 98.

Has there been a year where a 1-1.5k trip per kid hasn’t been cancelled while they are their?

Sounds pretty dumb to me.

I’d love to keep arguing the merits of Ecnl vs an OYSA travel team that was 2x cheaper and out developed and out college placed both Ecnl clubs combined.

You keep talking trash about the coach but you forget that you stink way worse...
                    The g98's were brought over by Macaya when he came to fcsc. They were NOT developed by Salmon Creek

Comment

The g98's were brought over by Macaya when he came to fcsc. They were NOT developed by Salmon Creek
                      Either were the ‘99’s or the 2000’s

Having players for the final 3-4 years of their youth club career is not during their prime development years. You will recognize this when you see their current ‘07’s. Each game is built to win and win only.

Comment

The concept of clubs developing players is overstated.

Comment

And yet you didn't argue any of the merits of my point - your only recourse since all of my points are SPOT ON is to try to compare your experience to what you've "heard" of the ECNL experience.

And I explained this already but I will do it again so people aren't mislead by your foolishness. Both forwards (WSU via Crossfire Premiere ECNL and Nevada via FC Portland ECNL) and starting midfielder (PSU via Crossfire United ECNL) with Div. 1 offers received their offers as members of the ECNL. End of story.
                          This is truth.

Comment

This is truth.
                            Half true.

WSU would have gotten in with or without Crossfire. You get the benefit of the doubt if your mom played in the Olympics.

Comment

It’s usually never the full truth from Ecnl apologists.

After their league got gutted I guarantee you they didn’t say a word.

Mysteriously they went from last place to competitive while the best clubs went to last place as their players left Ecnl.

Oh but but but pda is coming back!!!!

Who cares, they never play them anyway and it doesn’t mean they are good by default...

Comment

Half true.

WSU would have gotten in with or without Crossfire. You get the benefit of the doubt if your mom played in the Olympics.
                                She didn’t play in the Olympics. Lmao. She was a part timer on the WNT for a couple of years. That’s it. Let’s not get crazy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X