Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the nutty professor?

Hiding I presume thanks to the mess his fearless leader has created in the world.

"The belated American intervention comes at the 11th hour for Iraq, where it is rapidly approaching midnight. It remains to be seen whether the “narrow,” defensive, heavily conditioned airstrikes the president approved will be enough to avert catastrophe, or if they’ll just make a terrible situation worse.“Bombing once started makes enemies and kills people. Unless it is done for a definite object and terminal state in mind, then it is better not done at all,” noted Richard Fernandez at PJMedia. “Any action sufficient to ‘stop the genocide’ requires defeating ISIS. Either Obama aims to defeat ISIS or he is merely prolonging the agony.”Daniel Greenfield, who analyzes radical Islam for FrontPageMag, wrote, “Obama’s doctrine of largely defensive and reactive airstrikes in Iraq drags the U.S. in, without accomplishing much of anything. … The airstrikes won’t intimidate ISIS, which now has a chance to directly humiliate America by continuing its advance. If it can do that, then things will get ugly.”

If ISIS wipes out the Yazidis — who adhere to the ancient Persian religion of Zoroastrianism — it would be akin to the Hutus hacking to death nearly a million Tutsis in Rwanda in 1994, said Dan Hodges of the London Telegraph.That’s just for starters. ISIS has seized control of the Mosul dam on the Tigris. If it were breached, Baghdad could be covered by 15 feet of water within hours.You’d have to be extremely cruel and more than a little crazy to do that deliberately, but ISIS qualifies on both counts. A few months ago, it destroyed the dam that supplied water to Fallujah.

The Kurdish Peshmerga have a well-deserved reputation for ferocity in battle, but their capabilities have declined substantially since the Obama administration cut off military aid, ex-CIA analysts and special forces soldiers told Jacob Siegel of the Daily Beast. When the ISIS offensive began last weekend, the Peshmerga had to retreat because they’d run out of ammunition.The Peshmerga are stretched thin because they must defend hundreds of miles of border. “ISIS can give up territory, but the Kurds cannot,” a former special forces officer told Mr. Siegel.

In Afghanistan Tuesday, Army Maj. Gen. Harold Greene was killed and 15 others wounded by an Afghan soldier turned terrorist. Gen. Greene was the highest-ranking American service member to be killed since the war on terror began, the 2,203th to die in Afghanistan. More than 73 percent have died since Barack Obama became president.Russia may be preparing to invade Ukraine, according to NATO. That could produce an “oil shock” as great as if Baghdad falls, Mr. McKillop said. As a show of force, Russian bombers have penetrated northwestern U.S. air defense zones 16 times in the last two weeks, an unusually sharp increase.Islamists have seized control of Benghazi, Libya. Hundreds are dead in fighting throughout the country. Britain has closed its embassy. The Royal Navy is evacuating Europeans.“Foreign Policy No Longer Obama Strong Point,” headlined an AP news analysis Aug 1. Well, duh.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ma_123625.html

"Liberals are silent as Obama shreds the Constitution in ways Richard Nixon would have marveled at."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...bama-is-worse/

Comment

"In an interview with me earlier this week, (Hillary Rodham Clinton) used her sharpest language yet to describe the "failure" that resulted from the decision to keep the U.S. on the sidelines during the first phase of the Syrian uprising.“The failure to help build up a credible fighting force of the people who were the originators of the protests against Assad—there were Islamists, there were secularists, there was everything in the middle—the failure to do that left a big vacuum, which the jihadists have now filled,” Clinton said.

She also suggested that she finds (Barack Obama's) approach to foreign policy overly cautious, and she made the case that America needs a leader who believes that the country, despite its various missteps, is an indispensable force for good. At one point, I mentioned the slogan President Obama recently coined to describe his foreign-policy doctrine: “Don’t do stupid ****” (an expression often rendered as “Don’t do stupid stuff” in less-than-private encounters).This is what Clinton said about Obama’s slogan: “Great nations need organizing principles, and ‘Don’t do stupid stuff’ is not an organizing principle.”One of the reasons why I worry about what’s happening in the Middle East right now is because of the breakout capacity of jihadist groups that can affect Europe, can affect the United States,” she said. “Jihadist groups are governing territory. They will never stay there, though. They are driven to expand. Their raison d’etre is to be against the West, against the Crusaders, against the fill-in-the-blank—and we all fit into one of these categories. How do we try to contain that? I’m thinking a lot about containment, deterrence, and defeat.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...f-isis/375832/

Comment

ISIS is an unholy combination of al-Qaeda, the Khmer Rouge, and the Nazis. It will not die easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          ISIS is an unholy combination of al-Qaeda, the Khmer Rouge, and the Nazis. It will not die easily.
          ISIS is beheading children.

http://www.catholic.org/news/interna...y.php?id=56481

Comment

Let's reinstate the draft, see how many American families want to sign up their kids.......

Comment

Let's reinstate the draft, see how many American families want to sign up their kids.......
              We already know the answer to that. All these tough guy club soccer daddies who haven't served themselves will be driving little Mia down to the recruiting office?

Armed forces do offer scholarships of a sort. And I hear that females who enlist are often welcomed to the armed services by their male colleagues via a ritual that I guess can be considered similar to college hazing.

What are you waiting for daddies! Uncle Sam needs your little Mia to enlist so he has the man and woman power to engage militarilymfor EVAH

Comment

Of course you know our current military is all volunteer and there is no need for a draft. And you probably know many of our active duty officers are being pink slipped as we speak. I'm sure that's OK with you. It's certainly OK with Obama who has no problem putting politics ahead of the security of our nation, You libs keep saying Hillary will be our next president. Do you think she'll do the same? Not by the comments she recently made in the Atlantic interview which she has essentially said Obama is a bumbling idiot. Just echoing what her husband has said about this guy prior to 2008.

Comment

We already know the answer to that. All these tough guy club soccer daddies who haven't served themselves will be driving little Mia down to the recruiting office?

Armed forces do offer scholarships of a sort. And I hear that females who enlist are often welcomed to the armed services by their male colleagues via a ritual that I guess can be considered similar to college hazing.

What are you waiting for daddies! Uncle Sam needs your little Mia to enlist so he has the man and woman power to engage militarilymfor EVAH
                  My daughter already knows how to handle a gun and is licensed. How about yours?

ISIS Beheading Children, Burying Women Alive Sparks Worldwide Outrage; Pope Francis, Netizens React

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/56223...m#.U-jWoX0pC2c

Comment

My daughter already knows how to handle a gun and is licensed. How about yours?

ISIS Beheading Children, Burying Women Alive Sparks Worldwide Outrage; Pope Francis, Netizens React

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/56223...m#.U-jWoX0pC2c
                    I knew it was a mistake when Bush signed the status of forces agreement with Iraq in 2008 just before he left office. Really tied the hands of the incoming president. I think the approach of humanitarian aid and aerial support seems to be working. Don't understand why Obama hatred leads to a desire to spill the blood of American kids that I was just watching on soccer fields but many aren't going to be satisfied until American kids join the body count.

Should we unilaterally intervene everywhere violence is happening? When do we ship out to Honduras and Nicaragua and deal with children being killed and sold into slavery there too? Why are some eager to send our boys and girls back to Middle East to stem the tide there while sending the refugees from violence into Central America back where they came from?

At least we can have those gangs down in Central America seeing America boys and girls going door to door down there and saying "suck on this"

Comment

I knew it was a mistake when Bush signed the status of forces agreement with Iraq in 2008 just before he left office. Really tied the hands of the incoming president. I think the approach of humanitarian aid and aerial support seems to be working. Don't understand why Obama hatred leads to a desire to spill the blood of American kids that I was just watching on soccer fields but many aren't going to be satisfied until American kids join the body count.

Should we unilaterally intervene everywhere violence is happening? When do we ship out to Honduras and Nicaragua and deal with children being killed and sold into slavery there too? Why are some eager to send our boys and girls back to Middle East to stem the tide there while sending the refugees from violence into Central America back where they came from?

At least we can have those gangs down in Central America seeing America boys and girls going door to door down there and saying "suck on this"
                      Since when has Obama paid attention to the law? He does what he want when he wants to, law or no law.

You want to know the difference between Iraq and Nicaragua? The US invasion and now withdrawal is responsible for the mess over there. As much as I prefer to see the US stay out, we have a moral obligation to clean up that mess.

Comment

It's like deja vu, I swear I've seen this so any times on 60 years, dems having to clean up republican messes.

does anybody notice how Obama just cleaned up the economic mess he inherited? How come no one talks about that?

Comment

Since when has Obama paid attention to the law? He does what he want when he wants to, law or no law.

You want to know the difference between Iraq and Nicaragua? The US invasion and now withdrawal is responsible for the mess over there. As much as I prefer to see the US stay out, we have a moral obligation to clean up that mess.
                          Learn some history. You might be surprised at who is responsible for the mess down there. By your own logic we have a moral obligation to clean up that mess. That does not include sending back children to endure murder and slavery that looks just like the murder and slavery happening in Middle East.

You have already agreed that GWB's war created conditions that brought on a mess that we have a moral obligation to fix. Moral equivalency demands that we do the same in Nicaragua since current issues were created by Reagan era policies. Iran-contra. Remember that a president had to pardon officials who were criminally convicted for their role in that. It was part of a larger effort that baked the situation that exists now.

If you are only in HS I understand why you don't know these things. :) nice to see a young person though that feels we have moral obligations for the suffering our nation has caused

Comment

Learn some history. You might be surprised at who is responsible for the mess down there. By your own logic we have a moral obligation to clean up that mess. That does not include sending back children to endure murder and slavery that looks just like the murder and slavery happening in Middle East.
                            Yes, especially when all those brown faces can be ushered in and converted into a new generation of government-dependent democrat takers who can then be mobilized to vote for, you guessed it, more taking. Your compassion is endless.

Liberals are so transparent on this issue. They should just drop all of the pretenses. If you want to understand history you can do a lot worse than reading books by this guy:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0714/hanson071014.php3

Comment

Yes, especially when all those brown faces can be ushered in and converted into a new generation of government-dependent democrat takers who can then be mobilized to vote for, you guessed it, more taking. Your compassion is endless.

Liberals are so transparent on this issue. They should just drop all of the pretenses. If you want to understand history you can do a lot worse than reading books by this guy:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0714/hanson071014.php3
                              Victor David Hanson...the man who inspired bush's adventures in Mideast.

The blood of how many American sons and daughters on his hands? Yours?

Maybe if the draft is reinstated your daughter's number will come up. I suspect dodging IED's as well as well as "hazards" that women over there deal with ....that'll change your tune.

Or are you here because you are a political miscreant and don't have interest in youth soccer?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X