Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All soccer training on LI is mediocre. But ECNL will remain the most competitive & successful league in the country. This platform will not diminish and will keep all those clubs viable during this pandemic.
    I agree. Don't see BMW going out of business either. But there are some good drivers with beemers and some very average drivers with beemers...what they have in common is plenty of cash. It is fine, it is the american way.

Comment

Even if it was 8 months- That is still $3540!! Plus extras!! Is that worth it for mediocre SUSA training?? The ECNL league isn't the end all be all. I'm sorry, BUT it is crazy to pay that much.
      First, All the nonsense about lousy training. My kid's coach has an A license and they train 3-4x a week which includes physical training, "classroom" film analyzing & discussions and at-home assignments. It seems to have worked, because they did very well in ECNL. So I can tell you first hand, most of these posts about lousy training are exaggerated to say the least.

Next, ECNL may not be the end all & be all, but it is the league where the majority of the D1 college players play and the league where college coaches find them. ECNL focuses on college exposure and college prep and they deliver.

What I'll never understand is the same people who criticize folks for paying the high cost of ECNL, always offer college ID camps as an alternative. Are they free, lol? Add up the travel, hotel and cost of clinic itself and you're looking at $500-$1000 a pop. And for what? If you're kid isn't on their radar, you're literally getting nothing out of it other than a sweatshirt and some photos to post on social media. The exposure of ECNL has been invaluable to my kid, introducing her to schools she would've never thought she was on par for and helping her filter out schools that weren't overly interested in her. I know a family whose kid plays in a different league, that has literally travelled the East Coast going to 4-5 ID clinics a year with none of those coaches ever attending the tournaments the team plays in, let alone coming to a league game or reaching out to her coach. And I think to myself, funny how ECNL costs are outrageous yet the $4K they spent on ID Clinics isn't? OK

Comment

What is extras? What is not covered?
        Does it include Cost of travel, hotel (not to mention the extra time you need to get back and forth everywhere they’ll make you go)? I am sure none of that is factored into this fee. Does it include the tournament registrations? What the cost difference from ECNL to ECRL, or NYCSL/NPL? It’s worth to know what is the ECNL cost differential and what is the SUSA cost differential. My kid is aspiring to ECNL in a couple years, and I want to know what I’d be getting into by going to SUSA, my only feasible option for that.

Comment

All soccer training on LI is mediocre. But ECNL will remain the most competitive & successful league in the country. This platform will not diminish and will keep all those clubs viable during this pandemic.

If Fury had stayed in ecnl, they would still be in business today. Not sure they wanted or cared about staying in business but when they gave up ecnl, they gave up their status symbol and the tested business model designed to get the affluent girl youth soccer market.

That is how a crazy expensive club like that survives and somehow they gave it up - either intentionally or by mistake. Their reputation was catering to rich players.... some good, some not, but all with plenty of cash. Now a different club with assume that reputation.

Comment

Plus they still nickle and dime you for ref fees

Comment

If Fury had stayed in ecnl, they would still be in business today. Not sure they wanted or cared about staying in business but when they gave up ecnl, they gave up their status symbol and the tested business model designed to get the affluent girl youth soccer market.

That is how a crazy expensive club like that survives and somehow they gave it up - either intentionally or by mistake. Their reputation was catering to rich players.... some good, some not, but all with plenty of cash. Now a different club with assume that reputation.
              “Catering to the rich”? What’s your agenda? Every club on LI has become “pay to play”. That is what happens when you have an area that lacks any depth of talent. If your daughter is among the top core group then everyone of these clubs will give you a financial discount to join. And BTW, it’s ECNL and would rather over pay to play in that league over any others.

Comment

First, All the nonsense about lousy training. My kid's coach has an A license and they train 3-4x a week which includes physical training, "classroom" film analyzing & discussions and at-home assignments. It seems to have worked, because they did very well in ECNL. So I can tell you first hand, most of these posts about lousy training are exaggerated to say the least.

Next, ECNL may not be the end all & be all, but it is the league where the majority of the D1 college players play and the league where college coaches find them. ECNL focuses on college exposure and college prep and they deliver.

What I'll never understand is the same people who criticize folks for paying the high cost of ECNL, always offer college ID camps as an alternative. Are they free, lol? Add up the travel, hotel and cost of clinic itself and you're looking at $500-$1000 a pop. And for what? If you're kid isn't on their radar, you're literally getting nothing out of it other than a sweatshirt and some photos to post on social media. The exposure of ECNL has been invaluable to my kid, introducing her to schools she would've never thought she was on par for and helping her filter out schools that weren't overly interested in her. I know a family whose kid plays in a different league, that has literally travelled the East Coast going to 4-5 ID clinics a year with none of those coaches ever attending the tournaments the team plays in, let alone coming to a league game or reaching out to her coach. And I think to myself, funny how ECNL costs are outrageous yet the $4K they spent on ID Clinics isn't? OK
                Agreed! Most people on these threads just want to throw darts at something they know nothing about. My older D was on a really good NPL team, back when NPL was good. Younger D moved to Susa with her team when they got ECNL. The difference between level of play and college coach involvement is night and day.

Comment

“Catering to the rich”? What’s your agenda? Every club on LI has become “pay to play”. That is what happens when you have an area that lacks any depth of talent. If your daughter is among the top core group then everyone of these clubs will give you a financial discount to join. And BTW, it’s ECNL and would rather over pay to play in that league over any others.
                  My agenda is the same as every other parent on LI with kids that want to play soccer. Many of us have been around the block with a lot of the endless soccer nonsense and we call it like we see it.

Comment

Even if it was 8 months- That is still $3540!! Plus extras!! Is that worth it for mediocre SUSA training?? The ECNL league isn't the end all be all. I'm sorry, BUT it is crazy to pay that much.
                    You sound like the administrator of an average EDP/NPL club hoping to use this pandemic as a way to attract players back to your mediocre club. Clubs like SUSA do offer more than you could possibly hope to offer, so go back sorry Azz club and keep it down

Comment

You sound like the administrator of an average EDP/NPL club hoping to use this pandemic as a way to attract players back to your mediocre club. Clubs like SUSA do offer more than you could possibly hope to offer, so go back sorry Azz club and keep it down
                      Is that post supposed to be attracting customers to SUSA? They might want to hire a new PR person.

Comment

Susa $4300+

this may/maynot be true...buts it will only be evident until "the next big thing" comes along.

"nothing gold can stay pony boy"

Comment

Haha Come on now- you don't see that SUSA has no training and absolutely NO development?? They are however making the right moves for BUSINESS and it's working. They are fooling people like you. Too Funny

Comment

Haha Come on now- you don't see that SUSA has no training and absolutely NO development?? They are however making the right moves for BUSINESS and it's working. They are fooling people like you. Too Funny

Comment

Susa $4300+

lmao!!!! an A license wow, i luv how everyone chest thumps about their BS license....You can just show up, stay awake and they give these licenses away like candy on October 31st. what joke.

Comment

How much is LISC charging for the GA? Are there ref fees? Per diems? Is the recruiting platform included? Do they have fees for fields? Tournament costs?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X