Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's it, springs over for all leagues.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuomo declared that all schools in NY State will remain closed for the rest of the academic year.

No schools means no fields for most clubs which means no place to play games.

Expect NYPL and EPD to concede defeat in the next couple days.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Cuomo declared that all schools in NY State will remain closed for the rest of the academic year.

what does "the rest of the academic year." actually mean? does that mean on or about June 22?

Comment

what does "the rest of the academic year." actually mean? does that mean on or about June 22?
      War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Comment

Can anybody comment on whats happening in NJ & CT as far as school closures are concerned?

Comment

NJ is until further notice. No actual date set but really why bother for the last month of school at that point.

Comment

Can anybody comment on whats happening in NJ & CT as far as school closures are concerned?
            CT is trying to open May 20th but it's highly unlikely, especially now that NY and MA have called it for the rest of the year.

- CT poster/kids play NY teams

Comment

Will clubs be able to.schedule friendly matches? Go out of state for tournaments?

Comment

Will clubs be able to.schedule friendly matches? Go out of state for tournaments?
                Without insurance from the league doubt friendly matches can be played.

Comment

Without insurance from the league doubt friendly matches can be played.
                  The player passes are still valid and that is what the insurance is linked to, but as long as USYSA and US Club policy is no playing the insurance is no good.

Comment

War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
                    Over??? Did you say over? Nothings over until we decide it is.
                    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Comment

Over??? Did you say over? Nothings over until we decide it is.
                      Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
                      Brilliant

Comment

The player passes are still valid and that is what the insurance is linked to, but as long as USYSA and US Club policy is no playing the insurance is no good.
                        Yes I believe players are covered until late July/early August or so when teams register new teams for the next year. However, if the league says a season is over it's possible that would end the coverage. Playing off-script might not be covered. Most fields also require proof of insurance.

Comment

Yes I believe players are covered until late July/early August or so when teams register new teams for the next year. However, if the league says a season is over it's possible that would end the coverage. Playing off-script might not be covered. Most fields also require proof of insurance.
                          Talking to Club my kids play for and was told it’s unlikely any league or tournaments this Spring/Summer. They anticipate small group training with no contact at first and hope to build to inter club matches and possibly scrimmages outside Club late Summer.

Comment

Talking to Club my kids play for and was told it’s unlikely any league or tournaments this Spring/Summer. They anticipate small group training with no contact at first and hope to build to inter club matches and possibly scrimmages outside Club late Summer.
                            Ours is still pushing virtual training. Not even once mentioning refunds.

Comment

Ours is still pushing virtual training. Not even once mentioning refunds.
                              I don’t think clubs can talk about refunds until leagues make final announcements, and even then it will be a credit as everything the clubs are getting back is credits My club has been paying our coaches, fields, complex maintenance, etc. I doubt we will get much back. I just care about my kid having a place to go to once this simmers down. I am not a soccer player and my ankles are killing me from having her break them for over a month now

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X