Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecnl or DA

For someone that wants to play at a GOOD d1 college like North Carolina, Georgetown, duke, Syracuse, etc. is playing DA required? I think now a lot more ecnl players will make it big because competition is so high now now that DA is not as many clubs. Any thoughts?

You are stupid. The player has to have talent. Their are alot of ecnl player end up in d3 and naia colleges. Being in ecnl guarantee one thing. You are going to spend money. I am not knocking your stupidity. You can continue to be stupid. I am just saying you don't need ecnl or da to make it to college. The player needs to be exceptional.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You are stupid. The player has to have talent. Their are alot of ecnl player end up in d3 and naia colleges. Being in ecnl guarantee one thing. You are going to spend money. I am not knocking your stupidity. You can continue to be stupid. I am just saying you don't need ecnl or da to make it to college. The player needs to be exceptional.
      Unless you are good enough to land on a free to play MLS club you're paying for DA as well.

To the OP yes it is pretty much is needed to play high level college soccer. That, or a foreign passport. Even better if you're with a MLS club. Non DA players can and do make D1 rosters but its mostly mid to lower level D1, not the big programs.

That said many may aspire to play at such programs, but very few have the skills. Be realistic about your kid's skills as well as mental fortitude. Making it as a top D1 athlete isn't just about skills. Take a look at the bios of players of those schools and you'll get an idea of backgrounds. Have him read accounts by D1 athletes about the D1 grind.

Comment

For someone that wants to play at a GOOD d1 college like North Carolina, Georgetown, duke, Syracuse, etc. is playing DA required? I think now a lot more ecnl players will make it big because competition is so high now now that DA is not as many clubs. Any thoughts?
        Are you serious? Are you doing your homework? Georgetown players have a close to 5 GPA, played in MLS DA or the best DA,...

Comment

Are you serious? Are you doing your homework? Georgetown players have a close to 5 GPA, played in MLS DA or the best DA,...
          I think you are wrong. In some cases, yes DA is needed. But there are some very talented ecnl players especially now. I think a lot more good d1 colleges will be scouting ecnl.

Comment

I think you are wrong. In some cases, yes DA is needed. But there are some very talented ecnl players especially now. I think a lot more good d1 colleges will be scouting ecnl.
            Mid to lower level D1 yes you can get recruited without DA. Top programs will continue to primarily shop DA. Also it isn't just about making a roster but who plays. Every program lists PT by player. See who plays the most and what their backgrounds are. If the top players are from top DA clubs with loads of national accolades or NT callups and you're not? Then consider how happy you will be as a practice cone, maybe getting some token minutes in blowout games. Soccer fit is just as important as academic fit.

Comment

I think we all can agree that DA or ECNL provide the best pathway into college soccer. If your not on one of those rosters your chance at being recruited is very low.

Comment

no college coaches care what you think

Comment

Mid to lower level D1 yes you can get recruited without DA. Top programs will continue to primarily shop DA. Also it isn't just about making a roster but who plays. Every program lists PT by player. See who plays the most and what their backgrounds are. If the top players are from top DA clubs with loads of national accolades or NT callups and you're not? Then consider how happy you will be as a practice cone, maybe getting some token minutes in blowout games. Soccer fit is just as important as academic fit.
                  Totally agree but if you have the ability to make an ECNL or DA roster it just makes an incredibly difficult journey just a little easier.

Comment

DA will help but you also have plenty of DA players that have no choice to attend Div II, III & NAIA. In ECNL it really matters, how good you are, the team you are playing and who your coach is.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X