Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree with you but you see the powers that be (especially college coaches that coach at youth soccer academies) try to force you to play in a certain league, for a certain club etc. it’s like blackmail at its best to serve two fold business purposes....attract recruits to their college teams and attract revenues to their club teams. Do you see the challenge???
    It is a challenge - my point is parents need to stop bashing all leagues, do what is best for their kid and remember there is no one size (or league) fits all. Stop judging what other people do and be happy if your kid is happy. Some people may think ECNL is best for THEIR kid, others may think GAL, and still others may think EDP. Point is find what works for your kid and your family and stop worrying what others do or what league they choose for their kid! We can all get along - after all we all want what is best for our kids. It’s just that what is best for one kid and their family, may not be best for another kid and their family. BE KIND!

Comment

Reading the comments on this board - it seems like the the ECNL people aren’t happy with a new league - I have to question why? As another poster said if your kid is happy on her team - be happy and don’t worry about another league - competition is a good thing as it forces everyone to bring their A game.

My kid is actually on an ECNL team and I am glad there will be another league with a national platform as it gives us all options and forces clubs to be competitive or they will lose members.
      The reason is because it fractures the talent into different leagues. It was forecasted with onset of GDA and happened to a fair degree. Now with most of the players back to ECNL, I doubt this new GAL league will make much of an impact without USSF backing, but still a few players might give it a go before they waste another year playing ever crappier teams than GDA had week in and week out. If GDA folded so quickly, GAL HAS NO CHANCE TO MAKE IT MORE THAN A SINGLE YEAR .... and it will not be an ideal, elite league at all. If they make it to a 2nd year, that league will be EDP 3rd division quality.

Comment

The reason is because it fractures the talent into different leagues. It was forecasted with onset of GDA and happened to a fair degree. Now with most of the players back to ECNL, I doubt this new GAL league will make much of an impact without USSF backing, but still a few players might give it a go before they waste another year playing ever crappier teams than GDA had week in and week out. If GDA folded so quickly, GAL HAS NO CHANCE TO MAKE IT MORE THAN A SINGLE YEAR .... and it will not be an ideal, elite league at all. If they make it to a 2nd year, that league will be EDP 3rd division quality.
        In some respects it already like a lower level EDP quality, look at some of the teams Ukies, LISC etc a lot of their teams got destroyed playing EDP!

Comment

So what? Maybe it will pick up new teams; maybe it looses some. No league is elite. And the college coaches know this too.

Comment

It’s really not your concern - if you feel that way don’t have your kid play in it - and stop worrying what others do! Try to just BE KIND!

Comment

It’s really not your concern - if you feel that way don’t have your kid play in it - and stop worrying what others do! Try to just BE KIND!
              Great slogan for the new GAL league “BE KIND, REWIND”!

Comment

Great slogan for the new GAL league “BE KIND, REWIND”!
                ECNL's slogan should be "Lets keep being total d-ckheads and celebrate the misery of kids"

Comment

In some respects it already like a lower level EDP quality, look at some of the teams Ukies, LISC etc a lot of their teams got destroyed playing EDP!
                  Maybe Ukies was weaker because their best players alway left for the national platform leagues- now they have the option to play at a club that has a national platform and they may not leave. Ukies has alway had strong younger teams that got weaker as they got older bc the best players left, now they don’t have to leave for that exposure. The ECNL teams that compete with Ukies such as bucks and Delco are not exactly strong - so Ukies has a chance to get some of those players and to keep their own strong players. Additionally the other DA teams may have been weaker bc the no high school rule, and the substitute rule, kept some kids away the new league fixed those issues and may attract other players that wouldn’t consider DA. Time will tell how it all plays out, but I would hardly think it’s an automatic failure as some seem to be hoping. Choice and competition are a good thing and should result in stronger teams.

Comment

Maybe Ukies was weaker because their best players alway left for the national platform leagues- now they have the option to play at a club that has a national platform and they may not leave. Ukies has alway had strong younger teams that got weaker as they got older bc the best players left, now they don’t have to leave for that exposure. The ECNL teams that compete with Ukies such as bucks and Delco are not exactly strong - so Ukies has a chance to get some of those players and to keep their own strong players. Additionally the other DA teams may have been weaker bc the no high school rule, and the substitute rule, kept some kids away the new league fixed those issues and may attract other players that wouldn’t consider DA. Time will tell how it all plays out, but I would hardly think it’s an automatic failure as some seem to be hoping. Choice and competition are a good thing and should result in stronger teams.
                    Geez that's a lot of maybe...
                    I don't see how they really fixed the HS issue. There FAQs says HS is permitted for those who want to "implement a break". Basically the same as GDA.

Comment

I don't see how they really fixed the HS issue. There FAQs says HS is permitted for those who want to "implement a break". Basically the same as GDA.
                      Maybe just maybe Ukies will be able to compete, Trust the process, ya gotta believe.

Comment

Nope Ukies will be allowed to play high school

Comment

Don't worry, we won't.

Comment

ECNL's slogan should be "Lets keep being total d-ckheads and celebrate the misery of kids"
                            You would fail in marketing. The misery of kids are douchey adults. You sound like one.

Comment

GDA only allowed hs for kids that paid to attend high school. Private or parochial schooled kids. They were the only kids offered a waiver if they choose. Some refused and played gda instead.

But kids in public school were not offered a waiver.

So "implementing a break" is completely different and is open to all not only parochial/privately schooled kids.

Comment

the debate, sorry arguing, shouldn't be about which league is better. There should be one league, with teams in div 1, 2 , 3 etc. There should not be ECNL or GAL or EDP or any other letter formation someone invents, but one league. It would mean that every team plays the teams at the same level as them with minimum travel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X