Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Stralen out at SFU PA?

If you go on SFU (PA) website there is no listing whatsoever anymore for HC Brenda Van Stralen or assistant coach Alisia McNeiff. So that sort of means that with less than a month before the start of the season that they have no coaching staff there at a D1 program?

Also seems strange that google search lists nothing from school website or even local newspapers about her leaving to take another job or being let go from her contract (or non renewal).

Does anyone have any information on this?

https://sfuathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=827

Comment

old link?

That looks to be an old link, if you go through the Athletics staff directory or through the roster page she is no longer listed:

https://sfuathletics.com/staff.aspx

Comment

What do the players say? I would think they would have received a note from the AD. To specifically pick out this team, you must either have a kid playing or committed as a future recruit. Get out your shovel and dig around.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          What do the players say? I would think they would have received a note from the AD. To specifically pick out this team, you must either have a kid playing or committed as a future recruit. Get out your shovel and dig around.
          Hello. Nothing?

Comment

Looks like they hired someone. Check out their website. Former ODP Regional coach that also coached club at TopHat.

Comment

Looks like they hired someone. Check out their website. Former ODP Regional coach that also coached club at TopHat.
              Top hat is a good club too.

Comment

Top hat is a good club too.
                Top hat is a great club that produces many top level players, including National Team players. So, seems like a good hire.

Comment

Top hat is a great club that produces many top level players, including National Team players. So, seems like a good hire.
                  That’s an excellent hire.

Comment

That’s an excellent hire.
                    Excellent? I think you should wait and see before dropping any balloons. Didn't have a lot of success in previous positions. Doesn't mean this will be the same, but I'm a believer in wait and see and then celebrate if earned. Prior coach was very good so she has some big shoes to fill.

Comment

How long ago did she coach at TopHat? And, was it their NPL, ECNL or GDA team(s)? If she coached their top kids, then excellent hire. If she coached their bottom tier teams, then I would stand back before jumping all in on this hire. Time will tell.

Good luck to her this season.

Comment

They got a good female coach, with better than average experience, that is all that is important. It's a good enough hire for them.

Tophat have many levels, just because she coached in the club means nothing. Penn Fusion are doing well in the GDA, and their female coaches are not very good and don't make much of an impact at the club. But those women at PF could pretty much get a quality D-I coaching job wherever they want. They would be listed as having coached at PF and we all know they are not doing much.

It's a women's game, and women should be coaching it, bad or good.

Comment

They got a good female coach, with better than average experience, that is all that is important. It's a good enough hire for them.

Tophat have many levels, just because she coached in the club means nothing. Penn Fusion are doing well in the GDA, and their female coaches are not very good and don't make much of an impact at the club. But those women at PF could pretty much get a quality D-I coaching job wherever they want. They would be listed as having coached at PF and we all know they are not doing much.

It's a women's game, and women should be coaching it, bad or good.
                          My kid played for Penn Fusion and you couldn't be more wrong. The female coaches and the male coaches at Penn Fusion are very good, dedicated and would be successful wherever they went.

I am not sure why you chose one club that had nothing to do with this thread (seems like a hurt butt), but just setting the record straight based on actual experience.

Also, many of the female coaches at Penn Fusion had a very good soccer pedigree of coaching background and playing experience prior to joining Penn Fusion. All of this adds to their resume of soccer experience.

Success in coaching isn't limited to gender. The best candidate should be coaching. And there are many great women coaches out there, too.

Comment

My kid played for Penn Fusion and you couldn't be more wrong. The female coaches and the male coaches at Penn Fusion are very good, dedicated and would be successful wherever they went.

I am not sure why you chose one club that had nothing to do with this thread (seems like a hurt butt), but just setting the record straight based on actual experience.

Also, many of the female coaches at Penn Fusion had a very good soccer pedigree of coaching background and playing experience prior to joining Penn Fusion. All of this adds to their resume of soccer experience.

Success in coaching isn't limited to gender. The best candidate should be coaching. And there are many great women coaches out there, too.
                            I agree. The female coaches at PF are very good.

Comment

Time will tell

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X