Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECNL for Philadelphia Ukrainian National SC??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Penn Fusion are the best club and the only positive thing happening in girls soccer right now and FC Bucks and PA Strikers have the history, not sure where Delco fits, certainly no better than any other Philly area soccer club back in the day. The Union call the shots for the boys DA at Delco, and that is good for Delco, or else they would fold. Without West-Mont and Spirit, it's back to the old Delco girls program, which was ready to fold before the merger with West-Mont and Spirit. Delco is back to the old problem of not having a feeder program for the girls and it shows. As long as the boys program has the Union supporting it's all is good! The girls have no support, no feeder system and no future.
    Ukies have the feeder and the numbers to have a nice ECNL program for boys and girls. Ukies are better than FC Bucks for boys and not far off the girls. If Ukies had the ECNL tag they would blow the doors off of Bucks.

Comment

Ukies have the feeder and the numbers to have a nice ECNL program for boys and girls. Ukies are better than FC Bucks for boys and not far off the girls. If Ukies had the ECNL tag they would blow the doors off of Bucks.
      For that to happen, would think ECNL would have to pull the badge from Bucks. They are too close to each other geographically to successfully support 2 ECNL teams.

Comment

For that to happen, would think ECNL would have to pull the badge from Bucks. They are too close to each other geographically to successfully support 2 ECNL teams.
        Bucks beat the Ukies and YMS to ECNL Thanks to EL. Bucks would have done little without EL.

Comment

Bucks beat the Ukies and YMS to ECNL Thanks to EL. Bucks would have done little without EL.
          YMS doesn't have the quality to play at the ECNL level.

Comment

YMS doesn't have the quality to play at the ECNL level.
            Plus FC Bucks and PDA wouldn't let it happen but YMS is a better club than Buck and Continental.

Comment

The Ukies couldn't even manage running one boys DA team correctly. What makes you think they would blow the doors off of Bucks? They don't have the coaches and/or player depth to support 2 teams per age group with the expectations the ecnl badge brings with it. The boys ecnl and girls ECNL-R is their best option. Good players want exposure. The Ukies don't offer any. Great club for chasing gotsoccer points and state cups if thats what you think is best for your kid.

Comment

The Ukies couldn't even manage running one boys DA team correctly. What makes you think they would blow the doors off of Bucks? They don't have the coaches and/or player depth to support 2 teams per age group with the expectations the ecnl badge brings with it. The boys ecnl and girls ECNL-R is their best option. Good players want exposure. The Ukies don't offer any. Great club for chasing gotsoccer points and state cups if thats what you think is best for your kid.
                Same level of coaching at both Bucks and Ukies, it's all pretty bad now. Buck is the big mess! Ukies have more potential and FC Bucks should just go back to CRUSA.

Comment

Same level of coaching at both Bucks and Ukies, it's all pretty bad now. Buck is the big mess! Ukies have more potential and FC Bucks should just go back to CRUSA.
                  Can't argue about the lack of quality coaches, just another reason consolidation is needed.

I am not sure the Ukies offer greater potential. I am not even sure what that means. Until they can offer a full ECNL or DA slate their potential is limited. Bucks biggest threat is on the other side of the river. PDA South or SJEB Rush could easily replace them. Probably wont happen because who needs a 3rd PDA team and SJEBR just started up a DA for the girls.

Penn Fusion does appear to have their act together, and I thought girls weren't willing to give up HS soccer.

Don't get fooled by marketing tactics. Continental FC Delco is the least stable of them all. Lower Merion is going to do them in.

Comment

Can't argue about the lack of quality coaches, just another reason consolidation is needed.

I am not sure the Ukies offer greater potential. I am not even sure what that means. Until they can offer a full ECNL or DA slate their potential is limited. Bucks biggest threat is on the other side of the river. PDA South or SJEB Rush could easily replace them. Probably wont happen because who needs a 3rd PDA team and SJEBR just started up a DA for the girls.

Penn Fusion does appear to have their act together, and I thought girls weren't willing to give up HS soccer.

Don't get fooled by marketing tactics. Continental FC Delco is the least stable of them all. Lower Merion is going to do them in.
                    Ukies would be best off partnering with Bucks or Delco They could provide the feeder and ECRL teams and then would be a pathway up for the ukie girls side and a bigger talent pool for delco or bucks to feed from. Just my two cents. My D is at the end of her club career so it doesn’t matter for her but could make a difference in the younger age groups. Also same idea for Lower Merion to partner as well to get their girls side more exposure. I only see more competitive teams emerging if the talent starts consolidating. It’s too spread out now. Of course egos will get in the way of this probably happening. Everyone wants their piece of the pie. So glad almost done with this

Comment

Ukies would be best off partnering with Bucks or Delco They could provide the feeder and ECRL teams and then would be a pathway up for the ukie girls side and a bigger talent pool for delco or bucks to feed from. Just my two cents. My D is at the end of her club career so it doesn’t matter for her but could make a difference in the younger age groups. Also same idea for Lower Merion to partner as well to get their girls side more exposure. I only see more competitive teams emerging if the talent starts consolidating. It’s too spread out now. Of course egos will get in the way of this probably happening. Everyone wants their piece of the pie. So glad almost done with this
                      Lower Merion has ZERO interest in being a partner, that is old news.

Comment

PDA can't do GDA now, they have to be all in or all out, and the money is in the ECNL now! They have control over ECNL and not GDA.

Continental FC will fold on the girls side in the very near future, it's close to being dead now. The boys Delco side will be fine because they are a warehouse for Union youth players.

Lower Merion will always be Lower Merion. They have no plans to make changes. If they have kids that want play DA, so be it, but they have enough kids to do community based soccer and they have always done it well.

Comment

All of this are teams with peaks and valleys. All of the teams mentioned were at one time on the top of the heap and also were at the bottom.

I disagree about your soccer history list. I don't know any kid from Strikers that is playing NWSL. Delco has them (including Sr WNT), Bucks has them, Penn Fusion has them. That is the soccer history that needs to be preserved. Delco may align with 1776 or the like.

Comment

This. Some keep drinking the ECNL koolaide.

Comment

All of this are teams with peaks and valleys. All of the teams mentioned were at one time on the top of the heap and also were at the bottom.

I disagree about your soccer history list. I don't know any kid from Strikers that is playing NWSL. Delco has them (including Sr WNT), Bucks has them, Penn Fusion has them. That is the soccer history that needs to be preserved. Delco may align with 1776 or the like.
                              To align means nothing. Unless you share a board of directors and revenue a partnership is meaningless. If kids from the Media area leave 1776, they seem head to Penn Fusion and not Delco. There is no reason to fight traffic 3 nights a week to play for Continental.

As for the girls history, PA Strikers, FC Bucks and YMS have won girls national championships and that is forever, Delco has won nothing, and has zero chance of ever winning anything meaningful ever again! The only win at this point for Delco is to have enough kids going into next season.

Comment

If Ukies had a merger with Montgomery they might be able to get ECNL if Continental folds.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X