Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Women's Soccer Coach Brendan Faherty?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This isn't recent, and didn't happen at Yale, but apparently at U of New Haven 10 yrs ago. He had coaching positions after that at U of Washington and Stony Brook... nothing was reported then, no bad references, no one coming forward complaining about a relationship during that 10 year period. Now he's married, with a baby girl, and lands his Ivy League dream job at Yale. Seems someone is jealous that he 'has it all' and decides to contact the Yale student newspaper... really? They were both adults, in a consensual relationship, 10 years ago. Ridiculous. Did he, and her, break a school code of conduct rule, maybe no one has produced that. But he didn't break Yale's rules. And all we're hearing is her side, and he is given no forum to tell his side, and he's fired and his career is ruined. If she was so distraught, she should've brought it up 10 years ago. And trust me, I know the motivations and drive of D1 college athletes. They are highly competitive, and she knew exactly what she was doing. I'm an ex player, now a mother of a teenage soccer player and if my daughter carried on in a relationship with a coach, knowing it was a bad idea, but it was consensual, and then decided to ruin his life 10 years later... nope, sorry darlin'. That ship has sailed. Grow up. Every player I've spoken to loved playing for him. I really hope someone sees this for what it is, jealousy, and gives him another chance.
    Makes one wonder if this has happened anywhere else. FU, Quinnipiac, CCSU, UConn...UHART!

Comment

Makes one wonder if this has happened anywhere else. FU, Quinnipiac, CCSU, UConn...UHART!
      It happens all the time. Not just the male coaches. Female coaches just as frequent. Not saying it’s right but I agree that Yale coach got severe punishment for having a consulting relationship between two adults.

Comment

hey CFC, you forgot IONA, BRIDGEPORT, POST AND SACRED HEART

Comment

I love it when people say 'move on', yet they're on here too! I hope that this thread has gone on for as long as it takes to keep this conversation alive and make someone at another program pay attention that there are other viewpoints than the easy one, which is this quick to react, one-sided #metoo movement. At the very least if Brendan Faherty can lose his job without even having the ability to defend himself, over a consensual relationship with an adult, over 10 years ago, then the player who came forward should be penalized for breaking the school code of conduct also... If he was guilty of it, then so was she. Fair is fair. Is her life still intact? Lose her job? I doubt it. She was not a minor, she was an adult in college, playing at the D1 level... not some little pushover. D1 athletes are very confident and highly competitive. I'm so glad that everyone who commented negatively on here has never made an error in judgement in their life... or better yet, let's put you under the microscope and see what comes up.... from 10 years ago! As I thought <crickets>

Comment

I love it when people say 'move on', yet they're on here too! I hope that this thread has gone on for as long as it takes to keep this conversation alive and make someone at another program pay attention that there are other viewpoints than the easy one, which is this quick to react, one-sided #metoo movement. At the very least if Brendan Faherty can lose his job without even having the ability to defend himself, over a consensual relationship with an adult, over 10 years ago, then the player who came forward should be penalized for breaking the school code of conduct also... If he was guilty of it, then so was she. Fair is fair. Is her life still intact? Lose her job? I doubt it. She was not a minor, she was an adult in college, playing at the D1 level... not some little pushover. D1 athletes are very confident and highly competitive. I'm so glad that everyone who commented negatively on here has never made an error in judgement in their life... or better yet, let's put you under the microscope and see what comes up.... from 10 years ago! As I thought <crickets>
            shutupppp...BF knows what he did...good riddens

Comment

How do you know if he got a chance to defend himself or not? I am sure he had a conversation with the AD at Yale and their legal counsel.

Comment

Does anyone have a chance to defend themselves anymore? Seems like everyone is presumed guilty before any investigation is done.

Comment

shutupppp...BF knows what he did...good riddens
                  Riddance.

Comment

Riddance.
                    Don't correct TP, he won't let your daughter play at his prestigious college.

Comment

Who keeps dredging this up every few weeks?. Let it go bro.

Comment

Who keeps dredging this up every few weeks?. Let it go bro.
                        We can make sure to keep it at the top for you. That's not a problem for this group.

Comment

The question remains was CS'wife ever a former player?

Comment

Who is CS?

Comment

Did we ever get an answer to this?

Comment

Did we ever get an answer to this?
                                Does it look like it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X