Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What should a Club pay a Competitive Coach?
    I just got offered a position and an amount. I don't know what is a fair rate,should I go back and ask for more? please assist.

Thank You
    Competitive Coach? What does that mean?

Competent coach? You rarely find them.

Comment

We pay our coach Yurisbey Sanchez $5,750 on his ten month contract. He also gets extra income from private training sessions. Coach Y is great.

Comment

Same For Clearwater, WFF, and TBU

most of the bottom rung clubs in the Tampa area: PCU, Celtic, Tarpon, Oldsmar, Dunedin, Seminole, usually pay nothing, they do sometimes offer a small gas card. Usually these bad clubs give free competitive soccer to the coaches kid, that is why these clubs generally utilize parents as coaches for competitive teams. Generally, with the clubs above you get what you pay for, which is poor and inadequate training.
        This applies to all clubs in the Tampa Bay Area.

Comment

most of the bottom rung clubs in the Tampa area: PCU, Celtic, Tarpon, Oldsmar, Dunedin, Seminole, usually pay nothing, they do sometimes offer a small gas card. Usually these bad clubs give free competitive soccer to the coaches kid, that is why these clubs generally utilize parents as coaches for competitive teams. Generally, with the clubs above you get what you pay for, which is poor and inadequate training.

Clearwater, WFF, and TBU
          This applies to all clubs in the Tampa Bay Area.
          Funny thing is all 3 of these clubs (Clearwater, WFF, and TBU) have top 10-15 teams in most if not all age groups on both boys and girls side. Where as PCU, Celtic, Tarpon, Oldsmar, Dunedin, Seminole do not.

Comment

Coaching salary

When I was on the board of a club in Texas 15 years ago we paid Coaches 10,000-15,000 per team paid out over 12 months. They had to have at least a D License.

Comment

Can you really put a price on nailing the hot mom just to let Johnny play more?

Comment

When I coached at Celtic two years ago, we were given $200 for the year, but the parents pitched together and got us some dinner gift cards at the end of the season. The $200 didn't even cover gas for one quarter of the season.

Comment

When I coached at Celtic two years ago, we were given $200 for the year, but the parents pitched together and got us some dinner gift cards at the end of the season. The $200 didn't even cover gas for one quarter of the season.
                  You must have been a terrible coach.

Comment

that's the typical pay scale at bad clubs like Celtic, this is why their teams always look so poorly trained on the field. Former DOC Jimmy at Celtic, said he could never get the club to buy into paying coaches a higher wage, he knew that the level of coaching was woefully bad, but he could never get the board to go along with this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X