Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When you kid quits soccer to play in the band because of an overbearing Dad who beats his wife out of frustration, my kid will still be playing soccer because he has fun playing injury free. Cool Dad.
    My kid lives soccer. And she plays music and sings to boot. I don't beat my wife but since you are being insulting I bet my daughter would kick your sons ***** and will be playing long after your son has finished. Oh, and she plays for the love of the game because her college is taken care of already by other means. I have a happy wife and happy life. Go rain on your own parade ***** h0le.

Comment

If your a competitive player, taking off means you will get you butt handed to you when you return to the field. Someone will always be working while you sit in the cold AC with your 60 inch HD TV playing. Have a great summer taking off and relaxing.

Ask any coach and they will tell you that players are built in the summer and teams are built in the fall. If your not on my team, please take a summer break. My kid will be in the gym to prevent injuries and on the field getting better!
      Exactly! My kid wakes up at 4:00am, runs 5 miles before eating his breakfast that was prepared by his nutritionist, prior to his 2 hour training with his strength and conditioning coach followed by his ice bath where he drinks his protein shake while watching game film which he will practice later on after his chiropractor appt and just before meeting with his sports psychologist where he will discuss the results of the hypnotist that was recommended by his acupuncturist who just so happens to work next to his orthopedic surgeon who fishes with his speed coach who happens to be the Dad of Ginger who sold him the $200 cleats at Soccer World which is next to the GNC where he gets his creatine and recovery drinks before heading over to Super Y practice which, due to the upcoming daylight savings time, allows for time after practice to work with his 3-day-a-week skills trainer before heading home to eat his low carb prepared meal which was weighed on scale on the advice of Chuck his roommate he met last year on his week long soccer camp who coincidentally is the son of his spiritual adviser. He then will sit in our newly installed sauna to in order to sweat out any impurities and loosen any muscle tightness. This of course will be followed by a quick shower, 1.5 hours allotted TV viewing of the FOX soccer channel follow by his routine cocktail of Motrin and Ambein. No too shabby for a 10 year old. I'm the best day ever!

Comment

Exactly! My kid wakes up at 4:00am, runs 5 miles before eating his breakfast that was prepared by his nutritionist, prior to his 2 hour training with his strength and conditioning coach followed by his ice bath where he drinks his protein shake while watching game film which he will practice later on after his chiropractor appt and just before meeting with his sports psychologist where he will discuss the results of the hypnotist that was recommended by his acupuncturist who just so happens to work next to his orthopedic surgeon who fishes with his speed coach who happens to be the Dad of Ginger who sold him the $200 cleats at Soccer World which is next to the GNC where he gets his creatine and recovery drinks before heading over to Super Y practice which, due to the upcoming daylight savings time, allows for time after practice to work with his 3-day-a-week skills trainer before heading home to eat his low carb prepared meal which was weighed on scale on the advice of Chuck his roommate he met last year on his week long soccer camp who coincidentally is the son of his spiritual adviser. He then will sit in our newly installed sauna to in order to sweat out any impurities and loosen any muscle tightness. This of course will be followed by a quick shower, 1.5 hours allotted TV viewing of the FOX soccer channel follow by his routine cocktail of Motrin and Ambein. No too shabby for a 10 year old. I'm the best day ever!
        I would love to hear the story you give to a cop when your pulled over drunk. Gotta be even BETTER than this. Nice one!

Comment

Classic!!!! Sad to say we know people just like this.

Comment

Your going to join the statistic of why US is leading the world in obesity! Take the summer off and rest so you have to start conditioning from the very beginning is not smart. Your kid probably won't get hurt cause your kid is not playing that hard. Your kid can probably reach their potential by taking the summer off and resting, because there is no potential.

Even teachers give kids an academic agenda of activities to compete during the summer. Fundementals of success dont change, whether is sports, academic or the arts. Everyone works during the summers. Dancers, band, gymnast, writers, golfers, actors, artist, math majors, etc. etc. Stick to your program of mediocrity.

Comment

Your going to join the statistic of why US is leading the world in obesity! Take the summer off and rest so you have to start conditioning from the very beginning is not smart. Your kid probably won't get hurt cause your kid is not playing that hard. Your kid can probably reach their potential by taking the summer off and resting, because there is no potential.

Even teachers give kids an academic agenda of activities to compete during the summer. Fundementals of success dont change, whether is sports, academic or the arts. Everyone works during the summers. Dancers, band, gymnast, writers, golfers, actors, artist, math majors, etc. etc. Stick to your program of mediocrity.
              Sounds like nutritionists, Speed trainers, strength coaches, hypnotists, sports psychologists, acupuncturists, orthopedic surgeons, spiritual advisers, skills trainers, chiropractors, and shoe sales people named Ginger work all summer long too. I'm sure they appreciate your business! I'll look for your kid at World Cup.

Comment

Pitiful post.

Get a life and let your kid have theirs.

Comment

Good post! Keep it simple. If you want something you have to work for it. I think this is what the OP is simply saying. Makes sense to me.

Comment

I don't understand your thinking. My kid plays competitive soccer for 10 straight months. During that time she also works on her craft 2 times a week with a trainer and she is only a teenager. Our season does not end until the end of May and picks back up the first of Aug. You're talking around 7-8 weeks off from competitive soccer. Tell me what sport or professional player plays on a competitive level every month of the year? NFL players take several months off after their brutal season, so do baseball, hockey, basketball, golf, and yes even soccer players. Nobody says they aren't training but they certainly aren't playing year round. For me, your academia argument does hold water either. I'm not sure you can compare actors, artists, and math majors to same rigors of a 12 month competitive soccer season. The more I read your comments, the more it is evident that you've never played on an elite level and have no real concept of what it takes to prepare your body for the long term. I would challenge you to ask any college coach if their players are required or even encouraged to play 12 months of competitive soccer with no time for rest, rehab, and healing. Good luck with your kid. I hope you find personal happiness through his/her sports.

Comment

I don't understand your thinking. My kid plays competitive soccer for 10 straight months. During that time she also works on her craft 2 times a week with a trainer and she is only a teenager. Our season does not end until the end of May and picks back up the first of Aug. You're talking around 7-8 weeks off from competitive soccer. Tell me what sport or professional player plays on a competitive level every month of the year? NFL players take several months off after their brutal season, so do baseball, hockey, basketball, golf, and yes even soccer players. Nobody says they aren't training but they certainly aren't playing year round. For me, your academia argument does hold water either. I'm not sure you can compare actors, artists, and math majors to same rigors of a 12 month competitive soccer season. The more I read your comments, the more it is evident that you've never played on an elite level and have no real concept of what it takes to prepare your body for the long term. I would challenge you to ask any college coach if their players are required or even encouraged to play 12 months of competitive soccer with no time for rest, rehab, and healing. Good luck with your kid. I hope you find personal happiness through his/her sports.
                      This is America baby. Everyone can do their training to whatever level they want. We all have freedom to choose.

Comment

I don't understand your thinking. My kid plays competitive soccer for 10 straight months. During that time she also works on her craft 2 times a week with a trainer and she is only a teenager. Our season does not end until the end of May and picks back up the first of Aug. You're talking around 7-8 weeks off from competitive soccer. Tell me what sport or professional player plays on a competitive level every month of the year? NFL players take several months off after their brutal season, so do baseball, hockey, basketball, golf, and yes even soccer players. Nobody says they aren't training but they certainly aren't playing year round. For me, your academia argument does hold water either. I'm not sure you can compare actors, artists, and math majors to same rigors of a 12 month competitive soccer season. The more I read your comments, the more it is evident that you've never played on an elite level and have no real concept owhat it takes to prepare your body for the long term. I would challenge you to ask any college coach if their players are required or even encouraged to play 12 months of competitive soccer with no time for rest, rehab, and healing. Good luck with your kid. I hope you find personal happiness through his/her sports.
                        You must not have played at an elite level. Physical training and rehabbing actually take place simultaneously in todays training environment. My kids take family vacations and rest but we don't take summers off, is all I'm saying. You are actually doing a lot with your kid which makes sense in soccer development. Your daughter seem to be working hard. Most people with that level of investment would not typically take a couple months off for summer vacation and HD TV.

College coaches and pros don't either as they all have summer programs and off season work outs especially when they have so much at stake. Most true soccer authorities don't respect the level of youth training and coaching here in FL so there goes your ask an expert comment. Most people I speak with take summers off just to get away from soccer not because they feel there kid has worked so hard they need rest. The over use issue relates to the result of only playing one sport so they actually try and incorporate cross training or participate in other activities.

You are entitled to your opinion so best of luck with your kid and I hope you achieve personal happiness.Take two months off and then have fun playing catch up of what she lost while watching SpongeBob.

Comment

Dont care about particular clubs. Sure everyone is the best and everyone else is the worst.

That being said, is the Super Y experience worth it, travel and competition good or bad, wish your kid and family would have had the summer off... just trying to figure out if it is worth it, or enjoy the summer.
                          We enjoyed it, particularly at the younger ages. Some thoughts:

- the rosters are large and the coaches made a point of letting the parents know NOT to miss vacations, trips, etc. for Super Y. They have enough players to field a team

- we did some vacations (Miami, Tampa, etc) around Super Y games

- there were a LOT of lightning cancels for practices and games. Sucks when you drive 3 hours to get cancelled

- was more fun because there was a lot less pressure, and there were kids who weren't part of the regular club teams

- cheaper than camps

- can be hot as heck particularly on the turf fields down in S Florida. Be careful with that!

To each his/her own, but it was a good experience for us without a lot of extra wear and tear. We got to keep up skills, go on vacation, go on extra trips around games, meet new people/friends, sweat a lot.

Comment

You must not have played at an elite level. Physical training and rehabbing actually take place simultaneously in todays training environment. My kids take family vacations and rest but we don't take summers off, is all I'm saying. You are actually doing a lot with your kid which makes sense in soccer development. Your daughter seem to be working hard. Most people with that level of investment would not typically take a couple months off for summer vacation and HD TV.

College coaches and pros don't either as they all have summer programs and off season work outs especially when they have so much at stake. Most true soccer authorities don't respect the level of youth training and coaching here in FL so there goes your ask an expert comment. Most people I speak with take summers off just to get away from soccer not because they feel there kid has worked so hard they need rest. The over use issue relates to the result of only playing one sport so they actually try and incorporate cross training or participate in other activities.

You are entitled to your opinion so best of luck with your kid and I hope you achieve personal happiness.Take two months off and then have fun playing catch up of what she lost while watching SpongeBob.
                            Sounds like you have years competing at the highest level. With all your experience working with the worlds best coaches and trainers I'd be foolish to have this debate with you. Since you're a "true authority" on this matter I guess the advice published by the AAP, ACSM, and NATA have absolutely no merit whatsoever on the importance of off season rest and rehab. Seriously, why would anyone consult medical authorities like those when they could just come on here and get the best advise from a washed up Dad that kicked ass playing competitive rec soccer 30 years ago. As a matter of fact, I'm going to cancel our vacation, sell my HD TV, and take down my kids sponge bob poster and play Super Y so my kid be as awesome as yours. Thanks for sharing all your wisdom. 2024 Olympics here we come!

Comment

Sounds like you have years competing at the highest level. With all your experience working with the worlds best coaches and trainers I'd be foolish to have this debate with you. Since you're a "true authority" on this matter I guess the advice published by the AAP, ACSM, and NATA have absolutely no merit whatsoever on the importance of off season rest and rehab. Seriously, why would anyone consult medical authorities like those when they could just come on here and get the best advise from a washed up Dad that kicked ass playing competitive rec soccer 30 years ago. As a matter of fact, I'm going to cancel our vacation, sell my HD TV, and take down my kids sponge bob poster and play Super Y so my kid be as awesome as yours. Thanks for sharing all your wisdom. 2024 Olympics here we come!
                              The original Poster made a some good points. All the poster said is stay and shape and remain active while resting, taking vacation etc. No serious soccer player even wants to sit around the whole summer. You make no sense and appear to be an out of control troll. You are probably wasting your money and are delusional about your kid. You should take the summer off and probably next season too!

Comment

The original Poster made a some good points. All the poster said is stay and shape and remain active while resting, taking vacation etc. No serious soccer player even wants to sit around the whole summer. You make no sense and appear to be an out of control troll. You are probably wasting your money and are delusional about your kid. You should take the summer off and probably next season too!
                                Do you always respond to your own post?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X