Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The problem is a lack of money on the women's side. MSL has no incentive to fund women's DA teams. Ellis and Gulati have said they would like a DA for the women's side.

My guess is that the first step will be a residency program in KC. But, a poor showing this summer by the national team could bring some quick changes. I do not think there is any doubt that there is a desire to get more control over coaching and training. But, I also think that the focus may be more on trying to upgrade training for college players particularly in the off season. There could be an opportunity there with kids now being able to take more on-line course so that they could do a residency program and stay on target with ncaa graduation requirements. I do not see the ncaa doing anything in terms of making the season longer although they might be willing to change it from fall to spring
    Is there so little money and effort available that they can't even bother to try to find some of the quality players that are excluded from the ECNL pipeline?

Comment

No DA coming for girls. Last ECNL meeting in Richmond stopped those rumors with the same reason another poster mentioned. ECNL already fills those needs. No expansion coming any time soon as well.

Agree the article is only saying the success of ECNL players and not that it is the only way to playing in college. Sunrise, JFC, TBU, and FKK did very well last year with there numbers.
      What a surprise that at an ECNL meeting they determined that the ECNL fills those needs.

Comment

What a surprise that at an ECNL meeting they determined that the ECNL fills those needs.
        And why wouldn't they? Are the boy's clubs sitting around crying that if they can't get an academy they should be allowed to play ECNL? It's a stupid argument.

Comment

And why wouldn't they? Are the boy's clubs sitting around crying that if they can't get an academy they should be allowed to play ECNL? It's a stupid argument.
          I am a little confused..are you equating the ECNL to boy's DAP?

Comment

ID2 only identifies ECNL players. US soccer will do what it will do but don't see how they hope to continue to field dominant teams if they limit player selection to only those athletes from such privileged backgrounds.
            ID2 identifies FPL and NPL players, too.

Comment

I am a little confused..are you equating the ECNL to boy's DAP?
              Not at all. And that proves the stupidity of the argument.

Comment

Not at all. And that proves the stupidity of the argument.
                The girls ecnl is no different than any other league. those that are invovled in it will try to tell you different.

Comment

well when a US Soccer rep ask to speak at the meeting after a girls DA question came up and he squashed those rumors. Yeah it happened with US soccer giving that determination.

Comment

The girls ecnl is no different than any other league. those that are invovled in it will try to tell you different.
                    And those that are not involved will continue to down play it. That is until they are involved.

Comment

well when a US Soccer rep ask to speak at the meeting after a girls DA question came up and he squashed those rumors. Yeah it happened with US soccer giving that determination.
                      Because of the potential for confusion between US Soccer and US Club Soccer as separate organizations, are you saying that a representative of US Soccer (who was not also attending as a representative of US Club Soccer or of an ECNL club or team) came to this US Club Soccer ECNL meeting and represented that US Soccer is not considering a Development Academy program for girls?

Comment

Because of the potential for confusion between US Soccer and US Club Soccer as separate organizations, are you saying that a representative of US Soccer (who was not also attending as a representative of US Club Soccer or of an ECNL club or team) came to this US Club Soccer ECNL meeting and represented that US Soccer is not considering a Development Academy program for girls?
                        funny, cause I think those at the ecnl clubs do think they are one and the same.

Comment

funny, cause I think those at the ecnl clubs do think they are one and the same.
                          US soccer has considered it. It was about 3 years ago and they decided against it. They realize that if they plan on doing anything then they would "partner" with ECNL. They realize that starting a second womens league or DA for females would be 2nd rate because all the top clubs are already part of ECNL. They cant just "grant" current clubs that have DA with a girls program either because most the clubs that have a DA for boys are part of the ECNL too. Examples include but are not limited to Concorde, CASL, OCYS, Crossfire Premier, DeAnza force, Colorado Rush, Real Colorado, FC Dallas, Solar chelsea, Texas Rush, Charlotte soccer academy and the list goes on and on. If the DA starts up a girls DA they would be starting from scratch with completely new clubs and quite frankly the "next 80" clubs that the ECNL did not want. The membership of the DA who does not have an ECNL designation may be clamoring for it but most the clubs in the DA already have an ECNL designation so the "clamoring" for it will not be significant...especially since those that do not have the designation do not tend to have good girls programs...examples that you would know of include Weston, Kendall, Clearwater...they all suck with regard to their womens programs. It would be a collasal failure and thats why they decided against it 3 years ago.

Comment

US soccer has considered it. It was about 3 years ago and they decided against it. They realize that if they plan on doing anything then they would "partner" with ECNL. They realize that starting a second womens league or DA for females would be 2nd rate because all the top clubs are already part of ECNL. They cant just "grant" current clubs that have DA with a girls program either because most the clubs that have a DA for boys are part of the ECNL too. Examples include but are not limited to Concorde, CASL, OCYS, Crossfire Premier, DeAnza force, Colorado Rush, Real Colorado, FC Dallas, Solar chelsea, Texas Rush, Charlotte soccer academy and the list goes on and on. If the DA starts up a girls DA they would be starting from scratch with completely new clubs and quite frankly the "next 80" clubs that the ECNL did not want. The membership of the DA who does not have an ECNL designation may be clamoring for it but most the clubs in the DA already have an ECNL designation so the "clamoring" for it will not be significant...especially since those that do not have the designation do not tend to have good girls programs...examples that you would know of include Weston, Kendall, Clearwater...they all suck with regard to their womens programs. It would be a collasal failure and thats why they decided against it 3 years ago.
                            realizing that the draw to the club is the DA, and if those other clubs had it for girls, they'd be stronger for it, and while I know Clearwater has floundered in recent years, they can put out good girl programs, just as Weston does, and Kendall can too, as does IMG, who you missed, probably another I can't think of.

Comment

realizing that the draw to the club is the DA, and if those other clubs had it for girls, they'd be stronger for it, and while I know Clearwater has floundered in recent years, they can put out good girl programs, just as Weston does, and Kendall can too, as does IMG, who you missed, probably another I can't think of.
                              The point was that the best girls clubs for the most part are already part of the ECNL. Current programs that have a boys DA that are not part of ECNL do not have good girls programs currently and will not even if they were "labelled a DA". Yes, I forgot about IMG but there is a laugh for you. They can't even run a successful boys DA and you think labeling them a girls DA would do anything? Weston has average girls soccer and Kendall really sucks. Can you tell me the last time Weston had a girls team worth talking about at any age group? There are 2 amazing girls clubs that I know of that are not currently ECNL. Tophat which probably will be next year. Legends FC who has always been strong and will probably not be part of the CNL any time soon. When it comes to boys soccer DA is synonymous with the best boys programs. Why would they make themselves look like fools to make a second rate girls program? The answer is they would not and when it came to the table 3 years ago it was easily shot down. The only thing I can see happening is them partnering with ECNL. That is what will happen.

Comment

The point was that the best girls clubs for the most part are already part of the ECNL. Current programs that have a boys DA that are not part of ECNL do not have good girls programs currently and will not even if they were "labelled a DA". Yes, I forgot about IMG but there is a laugh for you. They can't even run a successful boys DA and you think labeling them a girls DA would do anything? Weston has average girls soccer and Kendall really sucks. Can you tell me the last time Weston had a girls team worth talking about at any age group? There are 2 amazing girls clubs that I know of that are not currently ECNL. Tophat which probably will be next year. Legends FC who has always been strong and will probably not be part of the CNL any time soon. When it comes to boys soccer DA is synonymous with the best boys programs. Why would they make themselves look like fools to make a second rate girls program? The answer is they would not and when it came to the table 3 years ago it was easily shot down. The only thing I can see happening is them partnering with ECNL. That is what will happen.
                                currently I see that Weston has three teams that are ranked in top 10; following those the next three teams are ranked 12, 13 and 16, not so bad. My point is they seem to hold their own pretty good against some very tough Florida competition, and that is without all the perks of ECNL. Imagine if they had it? More kids would flock there, including more talent from other nearby clubs. How do you think OC and WFF got the kids they have now? ECNL. That was it. Now they have a log jam of kids on their "purple" and "elite" teams, but hey, you gotta put them somewhere.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X