Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When does the real one that comes out that includes both private and public schools? Seems as if the better players are at the private schools.
    Private schools unless you go to Monteverdi in Orlando they are on the same level.

Comment

Private schools unless you go to Monteverdi in Orlando they are on the same level.
      Wow, your comment is completely incorrect. Look at anything below 3A dominated by private schools. Then throw in St Thomas Aquinas. In the 1A and 2A nearly every school is private and they are high level teams full of club players.

Comment

Wow, your comment is completely incorrect. Look at anything below 3A dominated by private schools. Then throw in St Thomas Aquinas. In the 1A and 2A nearly every school is private and they are high level teams full of club players.
        HS beats club every time.

Comment

they play 1A and 2A enough said. So they are a big fish in a small pond. If you would of pulled out Jesuit you may of had a better argument.

Comment

HS beats club every time.
            I guess in a dream land scenario would that be true. HS is made up of a bunch of non soccer players with some club players sprinkled into the mix. I know you are joking though.

Comment

Sunshine Athletic conference all county team posted Pasco

http://tbo.com/sports/preps/sunshine...team-20150308/
              Unfortunately, these selections can become political in nature with coaches' swapping support for each others' players or picking high-level club players even if they had poor high school seasons because they are surrounded by inferior talent. They are rewarding reputation rather than performance. That being said I thought there was a glaring omission in not including CW from Sunlake as a midfielder. I wondered if leaving him off team was for attitude rather than on-field performance because he played very well when I saw him play.

Comment

Unfortunately, these selections can become political in nature with coaches' swapping support for each others' players or picking high-level club players even if they had poor high school seasons because they are surrounded by inferior talent. They are rewarding reputation rather than performance. That being said I thought there was a glaring omission in not including CW from Sunlake as a midfielder. I wondered if leaving him off team was for attitude rather than on-field performance because he played very well when I saw him play.
                good point. Could be attitude, as he is known for it. Really, the entire first team should have been SHS and WRHS. There were some questionable selections from other schools on 1st team, my guess is they were based on reputation and not this year's play.

Comment

good point. Could be attitude, as he is known for it. Really, the entire first team should have been SHS and WRHS. There were some questionable selections from other schools on 1st team, my guess is they were based on reputation and not this year's play.
                  I thought putting the kids from Gulf and from River Ridge on the first team were good choices. You could have put additional players from River Ridge, Land O Lakes, W. Chapel and even Anclote on the second/third teams and not been wrong. But, those kids also have to have a coach who will lobby on their behalf. Since those schools (except River Ridge) only have one kid each cited, I suspect they didn't have a coach participating in the selection process. I mean really how does the fourth place team in district (Pasco) get as many kids recognized as the 5-9 teams combined? Pasco tied Wesley Chapel and lost to Land O Lakes during the regular season.

Comment

You can reverse your argument. You could say the player only preformed well because of the top talent around them. Do not know CW of opinion there.

I sure being on a better team does help any players case

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X