State Cup Seeds Posted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the deal, I believe that FYSA should pick a ranking system that they are going to use, be it either Got Soccer or SINC, then they should pick the top 16 ranked teams for seeds at the time of the draw. They should not go off of any of last years results or what league they are in (conflict of interest for teams to be in FSPL or FPL and get favorable treatment). Some teams are not nearly as good as they were last year and some teams are much better than last year, that were average. Seeded should be more determined by what you have done over the current year. Your team has worked hard, kids have sacrificed going to more tournaments, they should be rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No, that's the actual seeding with seeding points assigned in red.
      No, the document is gone. Had a page for each gender/age group. It was there this morning. Was stunned to see they were giving seeding points or seeded positions, for common leagues like SFU, and others. Might as well have seen USA in there. FYSA at its best. They probably have been slammed with calls since posting, which I'm sure is why it has been pulled. Really is just another jab at those clubs that don't feel they need FYSA for their development. You get no seeding and have to play and beat everyone in the clubhouse to see if you really are better. ugh. Petty egos at work.

Comment

Here's the deal, I believe that FYSA should pick a ranking system that they are going to use, be it either Got Soccer or SINC, then they should pick the top 16 ranked teams for seeds at the time of the draw. They should not go off of any of last years results or what league they are in (conflict of interest for teams to be in FSPL or FPL and get favorable treatment). Some teams are not nearly as good as they were last year and some teams are much better than last year, that were average. Seeded should be more determined by what you have done over the current year. Your team has worked hard, kids have sacrificed going to more tournaments, they should be rewarded.
        Its FYSA's ball and game and they can do what they want with it, and have. They pretty much will just tell you NOT TO COME. I do agree with you also.

Comment

where are the seeding loins for u15 lake worth sharks?

Comment

gotsoccer is not very accurate either, if a team is ranked in the top 10 because they go to 15 weak tournaments a year does not mean they are a top 10 team

Comment

So you are the reason her urn is always in a different place on the bookshelves .

Aside from being a necrophylliac .You are one sick and perverted individual .
              I yam what I yam

Comment

gotsoccer is not very accurate either, if a team is ranked in the top 10 because they go to 15 weak tournaments a year does not mean they are a top 10 team
                Who is to say that? Those teams may have played more games, which means they are more battle tested. Ok, then hear is another idea, designate say region mini tournaments (you could rotate every year, region d to be included with another region) that is totally independent of FYSA (meaning their grubby little hands don't get any money. Maybe all proceed go to kids that otherwise could not afford club fees in that region.) and use that to determine who are the seeded teams for State Cup. You could also use it to qualify the 1st round of teams for State Cup, as well. The teams that don't qualify for state cup in the region mini tournament, would qualify for the Region Cups. Call the new mini tournaments the Regional Championships. Each one of the 3 regions would get an equal amount of seeds, with maybe the stronger region getting the extra seed to make it equal. So two regions would get 5 seeded teams and one region would get 6 seeded teams. Also, those seeded teams could, as a side benefit, could automatically qualify for the Disney junior or senior soccer showcase. So you could have these regional championships stretching from October into half of December. No going off of last years accomplishments, no got soccer points or sinc points to worry about, no watered down league affiliations to worry about. This seems to be a fairer way to figure it all out based on the team you have rostered for this year.

Comment

No, the document is gone. Had a page for each gender/age group. It was there this morning. Was stunned to see they were giving seeding points or seeded positions, for common leagues like SFU, and others. Might as well have seen USA in there. FYSA at its best. They probably have been slammed with calls since posting, which I'm sure is why it has been pulled. Really is just another jab at those clubs that don't feel they need FYSA for their development. You get no seeding and have to play and beat everyone in the clubhouse to see if you really are better. ugh. Petty egos at work.
                  Seeded teams lists are still up.

http://www.fysa.com/events/state_cup_sites/

Comment

Seeded teams lists are still up.

http://www.fysa.com/events/state_cup_sites/
                    No, that was the old seeds before they were finalized. They have taken the link down. Maybe some teams withdrew at the last minute.

Comment

No, that was the old seeds before they were finalized. They have taken the link down. Maybe some teams withdrew at the last minute.
                      Here you go again:http://www.fysa.com/assets/942/15/20...%20Seeding.pdf

or go to the SC page and click the link "STATE CUP SEEDING - FINAL", http://www.fysa.com/events/state_cup/

Comment

The final version is still up on the website.

http://www.fysa.com/assets/942/15/20...%20Seeding.pdf

Comment

The final seed pdf on the website only shows girls U14 - it doesn't show any other age group.

Comment

Here you go again:http://www.fysa.com/assets/942/15/20...%20Seeding.pdf

or go to the SC page and click the link "STATE CUP SEEDING - FINAL", http://www.fysa.com/events/state_cup/
                            I don't care what the little blurb says "final" it isn't what they had posted online this morning. The one I saw this morning had a page for every gender and every age group. Then listed out every seeded team and reading left to right you saw which leagues they played in and how many points they got for it, then a tally at the end of the row. The links you are posting now, they are old. Not what was there this morning. They've taken it down. I'm sure they've screwed up somewhere AGAIN and are trying to fix it. I said earlier today, how is it that these tiny leagues now get their own seeding (positioned as a seeded team), leagues such as well the great CDL of course, then you have GCF, NFY, and the always present SFUYSA. Might as well throw in the USA. then it will be perfect.

Comment

The final seed pdf on the website only shows girls U14 - it doesn't show any other age group.
                              Find your kid and ask them to scroll through the file for you and find the age group you are looking for.

Comment

Find your kid and ask them to scroll through the file for you and find the age group you are looking for.
                                I guess I'll have to borrow yours 'cause the file won't scroll - it's only one page.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X