Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree. My daughter went for first time this year. I like the fact that she is getting a different perspective on the game from someone other then her club coach. I don't like how they evaluate the kids. They had kids split into 8 teams. then the teams would scrimmage with 2 coaches on field. then, one team would leave to go to another field to play another game. Well, my kids team stayed on field with the 2 same coaches the whole time. how were other coaches suppose to evaluate kids on my daughters team? teams rotated in and out 4 times with my kids team staying with same coaches. hard for other coaches to evaluate without given opportunity to see.
    When are emails going out?

Comment

Does ODP ever cut players if a new player comes along who is better? Or do they just go with the players who have been going to Alabama for years?

Curious about whether it is worth it for my daughter to try it next year or are rosters set no matter who is better?
      Why should they cut anyone?

Comment

Any exposer is good!If your kids is selected to a national camp then it is well worth it. It"s always about who you know in life.

Comment

Any exposer is good!If your kids is selected to a national camp then it is well worth it. It"s always about who you know in life.
          That is what is wrong about ODP. Best boys players now either stay away in masses or joined Academy or too many FYSA clubs became who you know clicks. I am laughing at you for you do not even realize how subpar of a product that ODP has become for you are too busy bragging that you know someone. Yes companies that hired based upon who you know have gone out of business.

Anyway, with Academy you get four to six great trainings a week, not a season.
          Anyway with Academy the college coaches come to see the games at the tournaments. That is colleges worth going to.

Have no problem with parents paying money on their kids even if it is in Alabama in the middle of the summer but please do not think you are better then anyone or your kid is elite because of it.

Comment

That is what is wrong about ODP. Best boys players now either stay away in masses or joined Academy or too many FYSA clubs became who you know clicks. I am laughing at you for you do not even realize how subpar of a product that ODP has become for you are too busy bragging that you know someone. Yes companies that hired based upon who you know have gone out of business.

Anyway, with Academy you get four to six great trainings a week, not a season.
            Anyway with Academy the college coaches come to see the games at the tournaments. That is colleges worth going to.

Have no problem with parents paying money on their kids even if it is in Alabama in the middle of the summer but please do not think you are better then anyone or your kid is elite because of it.
            Yes. I know there are mistakes in what I wrote above but English is my third language. So don't act better then me because of a few mistakes. Money people who think their kid is better for they paid the most money are is why America has no national team to speak of.

Comment

the point, again: if you can afford it, do it. if you are lucky enough to get selected, great. every individual honor you can place on your soccer profile, the better. this is a very good one. we've been down this road, one made it through, another not selected. Did i think they were crappy for overlooking my second kid, absolutely, but still would try again as we've seen the benefit of having it on her profile.

Comment

the point, again: if you can afford it, do it. if you are lucky enough to get selected, great. every individual honor you can place on your soccer profile, the better. this is a very good one. we've been down this road, one made it through, another not selected. Did i think they were crappy for overlooking my second kid, absolutely, but still would try again as we've seen the benefit of having it on her profile.
                So I'm confused by this post compared to some of the others. We are new to the ODP process this year (2001 G) and so far have not seen any aspect of "its all who you know" so far. I have seen many previous posters say that ODP is flawed because so much of it comes down to who you know. But I have seen several posters like this one say that one of their kids got selected and one didn't. If it all comes down to "who you know" wouldn't any family that gets one kids selected get both kids selected? I mean if one kid got selected because of who they knew, then wouldn't the other kid get selected too - because they know the same exact people in both cases?

Comment

So I'm confused by this post compared to some of the others. We are new to the ODP process this year (2001 G) and so far have not seen any aspect of "its all who you know" so far. I have seen many previous posters say that ODP is flawed because so much of it comes down to who you know. But I have seen several posters like this one say that one of their kids got selected and one didn't. If it all comes down to "who you know" wouldn't any family that gets one kids selected get both kids selected? I mean if one kid got selected because of who they knew, then wouldn't the other kid get selected too - because they know the same exact people in both cases?
                  I know for a fact some players were not selected after tryouts, but then they magically were at the training session. And they obviously don't belong, slow, no ball skills and no soccer iq. There coach is an " odp" coach at different age group, but must have made some calls. There are players who are great but also some questionable players.

Comment

I know for a fact some players were not selected after tryouts, but then they magically were at the training session. And they obviously don't belong, slow, no ball skills and no soccer iq. There coach is an " odp" coach at different age group, but must have made some calls. There are players who are great but also some questionable players.
                    I know for a fact, the coaches want to win and if your kids shows exceptional skills that appear to be a game changer that your kid will make team. Otherwise, the coaches will appear to be idiots. You would have to bride me a lot of money to make me look like an idiot.

Comment

You lost me at individual honor. Seen kids taken that are bench players. Seen kids go on to Alabama who are good but not stars even on their own team and come up short in league play. Not sure if college coaches even care about it. Seriously if they see a player outshining an ODP at a show case or ID camp do you really think ODP will be a deciding factor on whom they will want.
                      Parent coaches and inexperience coaches may not know better but at division one they do.

Comment

Other way around. Some exceptional players but their ODP is tarnished by the vast majority who do not belong at tryouts never mind selected.

Comment

What you might not know, is that after tryouts most kids are told whether they made the pool or not. Then some kids are told that they were on the bubble and how the coaches want to take a look at them some more. They tell those kids to have their coaches let them know when they play at a fysa event and they are evaluated more. Coaches know that some kids just don't preform well in tryout situations and may not decide to take a child but showed signs of trainability. When they play at these events the coach is able to see if they want to invite them to the pool training sessions for further evaluations.

Comment

What you might not know, is that after tryouts most kids are told whether they made the pool or not. Then some kids are told that they were on the bubble and how the coaches want to take a look at them some more. They tell those kids to have their coaches let them know when they play at a fysa event and they are evaluated more. Coaches know that some kids just don't preform well in tryout situations and may not decide to take a child but showed signs of trainability. When they play at these events the coach is able to see if they want to invite them to the pool training sessions for further evaluations.
                            Again, the players stunk at tryouts and continue to stink at the ODP sessions. I think I can see if player belongs or not, so stop blowing that crap around here. There are many who don't belong as an "elite" player at these odp events.

Comment

This post is about whether better players in the older age groups should try-out or do they pick the same players because they know them. Do they cut players that are no longer the best players whether field players or goalies? If they do not make cuts of previous players then kids who are older and trying it for the first time should not even try out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X