Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Its funny how this kind of BC cheating is only a problem in youth soccer.

In youth football nobody gives a rats arse what your birthyear is. There are guidelines, for safety's sake, and more advanced/mature kids play at higher levels like soccer, but there is no advantage to cheating and playing down because there is no stupid National team of specially chosen princes. Its a dogfight to develop until High School, and then the scholarships go out to the winners. In soccer, its a dogfight to get into the National pool at the age of 11-13.

I think among the DAs, Weston has the worst BC problem, but I also think OCYS has one and wouldnt be surprised if Kendall had one as well. Basically Orlando and Miami is the cesspool for this type of cheating. Thats because it is perpetrated by immigrant parents who were former low level players themselves. They are "simulating" just like they used to do on the field, and there is big money in the scam if their kid can get a pro contract through MNT exposure.

An easy way to fix this problem is to require kids born in a country to play for that country or no country at all. It should be where you are born, not where you move to.
    In order to have a National Football Team, we would have to have other nations to play. American football is just that - an american sport. High School is about the only avenue - not familiar with any American Football Club teams.

In any event, I would probably include Jacksonville, Tampa, West Palm, Sarasota-Bradenton, Daytona and virtually every other area in Florida as having this BC problem.

Comment

Miami has biggest problem, see, since my Tio Tito works in passport ofice, for $50 you can be whatever age you want

Comment

Miami has biggest problem, see, since my Tio Tito works in passport ofice, for $50 you can be whatever age you want
        Sold - make me 23 again (it was a good year)

Comment

And guess what? College/pro only care about the best players not what age they are. So either they are good enough or they aren't. Look at Freddy Adu. He looked like a superstar against younger players but was exposed as a fraud when he tried to con his way into the big leagues.
          The cheaters better opportunities to train with high quality players than honest kids of the same talent level (and real age). They get ID'd and join national pools, take trips to Europe, and play against top talent.

The best way to impress college/pro coaches/scouts is to get better playing better talent. Cheaters steal these valuable opportunities.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X