Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to single year 2003 gda?

This rumor was around during tryout time last year. A few families I knew moved daughters from ECNl to GDA hoping single year would continue. I now hear the 03's will combine with the 02's next year. Does this leave kids looking for new clubs again? Any idea why the single year 03 age group didn't work out for 2018-2019?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This rumor was around during tryout time last year. A few families I knew moved daughters from ECNl to GDA hoping single year would continue. I now hear the 03's will combine with the 02's next year. Does this leave kids looking for new clubs again? Any idea why the single year 03 age group didn't work out for 2018-2019?
    03s would be U16 next year and that's always been combined u16/u17. Yes some kids will not have places and teams tend to skew older so a younger player has to be good. There's been talk of splitting the two years but nothing official to date. There are supposed to be DA announcements this month but that may or may not be in there. Given USSF is more about power and money I th ink they'll donit. It means more trams which means fewer kidd playing elsewhere. That said no one should have counted on this rumor going in. That's how BDA is.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      03s would be U16 next year and that's always been combined u16/u17. Yes some kids will not have places and teams tend to skew older so a younger player has to be good. There's been talk of splitting the two years but nothing official to date. There are supposed to be DA announcements this month but that may or may not be in there. Given USSF is more about power and money I th ink they'll donit. It means more trams which means fewer kidd playing elsewhere. That said no one should have counted on this rumor going in. That's how BDA is.
      Not happening. USS screwed up the announcement last year royally by claiming that u15 would be a new single age group. With the change in 'u' designation shifted a year, this was no change at all. It just meant previous u14 became u15 and the previous combine u15-16 became u16-17 but no real change took place. This supposedly 'new' age group caused a lot of confusion.

Comment

2003 U16 single age group will be a pilot program in the Frontier division only next year.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/mzlyw...o8o7m5bfy54c69

Comment

Never believe any rumor and promise until it becomes an official edict. Even then they could change it again. With club soccer it's a good to remember you may have to change clubs, by choice or force.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X