Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Typical scholarship package for D2 it NAIA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Kids coming out of Bentley or Stonehill with business degrees in the next 4-5 years are going to make a hell of a lot more money than any Ivy grad majoring in some liberal arts.
    My buddy graduated from Harvard with a psych degree and makes mid-six figures in advertising.

Comment

Kids coming out of Bentley or Stonehill with business degrees in the next 4-5 years are going to make a hell of a lot more money than any Ivy grad majoring in some liberal arts.
      Until those Ivy grads attend some of the nation's top grad schools and they'll outpace your kid 4:1. Long term success in business requires an MBA these days. Many industries require gradiate degrees.

In case you didn't realize I view havery top notch business schools too.

Comment

My child got an $18,000/year Presidential Scholarship from a D2 school.

My child could never make the soccer team.

Stop chasing athletic money. It's a shell game. Chase the guaranteed merit money.

Let your kids play locally and enjoy themselves but study twice as hard as they practice.

Comment

My buddy graduated from Harvard with a psych degree and makes mid-six figures in advertising.
          My buddy has a masters in education from Harvard and makes $30k a year teaching.

Comment

I went to an ACC school but never played a sport there. Then got a MD and now make more than most of you so what’s your point?

Comment

There is no right answer, and no reason to get insulted nor call someone an azzhat for speaking the truth. HC is more selective than Stonehill, and HC is D1. Prestige accompanies both those facts, but that's it, just prestige, and marginal prestige at best. Neither school is widely known outside Northeast, and neither soccer program is likely to attract nor produce WNT candidates.

The issue is personal to each family. Some desire the prestige, and view the stretch as worth it, others are more pragmatic. In either case, the student will have opportunity and it is on them drive their destiny.

Comment

There is no right answer, and no reason to get insulted nor call someone an azzhat for speaking the truth. HC is more selective than Stonehill, and HC is D1. Prestige accompanies both those facts, but that's it, just prestige, and marginal prestige at best. Neither school is widely known outside Northeast, and neither soccer program is likely to attract nor produce WNT candidates.

The issue is personal to each family. Some desire the prestige, and view the stretch as worth it, others are more pragmatic. In either case, the student will have opportunity and it is on them drive their destiny.
                No one south of NY has ever heard of Holy Cross or Stonehill.

Comment

No one south of NY has ever heard of Holy Cross or Stonehill.
                  Thanks. You wanna make any other identical points?

Comment

Thanks. You wanna make any other identical points?
                    Use less words and I won't need to boil it down for you.

Comment

Use less words and I won't need to boil it down for you.
                      For those not moving South: HC > Stonehill

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X