Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not OP, but why is it a waste of money, time and resources. I wish my kid didn't have to play HS soccer this Fall. No structured development until January
    Do you feel unfortunate that your high school lacks the coaching expertise to run structured development for its players or is that you really don't understand the fundamental difference in coaching philosophy and approach that is required between club soccer and high school soccer?

Comment

If it is a waste of time for you, why would it be a waste of time for others? Could it not be the perfect solution for them? Does your big belly shake like jello when you laugh? Do you keep a shirt on over it at all times?
      Not OP. But the 1 percent of the 1 percent GDA makes sense. It's also more likely that you have more success where there is an abundance of quality GDA (i.e california)

In CT not so much. OW took GDA because they HAD TO... there was no other option/pathway. So if your kid is at GDA OW. Then I think too it's a waste. But too each their own. I'm not a big belly laugh guy. Just call it like my experience sees it. I'm a B licensed coach with a kid that doesn't play at a high level. But he loves the game

Comment

Not OP, but why is it a waste of money, time and resources. I wish my kid didn't have to play HS soccer this Fall. No structured development until January
        No one HAS to play HS. Some players opt out and train on their own until November, when club comes back on line. Gee, it couldn't be that your kid WANTS to play could it?

Comment

No one HAS to play HS. Some players opt out and train on their own until November, when club comes back on line. Gee, it couldn't be that your kid WANTS to play could it?
          How many serious (quality) club players opt out of playing HS and train on their own in the fall?

Comment

How many serious (quality) club players opt out of playing HS and train on their own in the fall?
            Couldn't say - I've known of maybe a handful personally over the years. As I said it's always an option. But the problem will be the player has to be highly motivated to train hard on their own. They might need a trainer which costs $. Their teammates who have been playing all fall will come into November bruised a bit but in top physical condition.

Thing is, most kids "mostly" enjoy playing for their schools. Yes the soccer can be awful, but sometimes it's pretty good. More importantly players get so much more out of it than just the soccer. That's why this will remain an issue.

Comment

Doen't happen; it's a myth.

Comment

how'd this work out for OP?
                It worked out wonderfully! It was really awkward telling the old club but it worked out fine. My kid totally enjoyed being with his old coaches and he had incredible training. End of the day we made the right choice.

That being said, first spring tournament with new club guess who they played? Yep - his old club. Heard some snarky comments on the field and on the sidelines but oh well.

Comment

EJ comes to mind-

Comment

EJ comes to mind-
                    Talk about an exception to the rule

Comment

Talk about an exception to the rule
                      Not familiar with EJ, who is that?

Comment

BJ’s sister

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          not familiar with ej, who is that?
                          most successful female ct player in the last 8 years

Comment

most successful female ct player in the last 8 years
                            Not sure... what school?

Comment

Not familiar with EJ, who is that?
                              U20 World Cup
                              NCAA national champion at penn state
                              From Coventry

Hellooooooo!!!!

Comment

Not sure... what school?
                                you Fn people think soccer starts with your kid- you come on and talk **** like U12 is the pinnacle of the the soccer world

your not sure- no ****

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X