Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timbers camps

My daughter did two of their camps. Very poor experience. She was placed with little kids to balance numbers, even though in club she was playing up two full years on the best team in the state at the time. She repeatedly asked to be moved and they ignored her. They were not concerned with skill levels.

The camps were remedial. Not happy with the coaches. She said it was boring.

I would not recommend for anyone except those with young kids that need to be babysat and have nothing better to do.

Nothing more than an honest opinion. Take it or leave it.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My daughter did two of their camps. Very poor experience. She was placed with little kids to balance numbers, even though in club she was playing up two full years on the best team in the state at the time. She repeatedly asked to be moved and they ignored her. They were not concerned with skill levels.

I would not recommend for anyone except those with young kids that need to be babysat and have nothing better to do.

Generally, most of the public "soccer camps" are going to be oriented to beginners to medium-skilled players. If you (or your child) is anywhere near elite (a starter on a competitive club's first team, or better), they'll probably be bored.

Better off joining a futsal league, or simply playing pickup games somewhere, if you want more touches than you get with club activities.

Comment

Based upon your analysis of your daughter's abilities, you should be targeting some college ID camps. She surely won't be bored there. Oregon, Oregon State, UP, they all have ID camps. What is she? 11, 12? She should do fine, I mean she is playing up two years.

Comment

You seriously had your daughter who plays on a top team do a Timbers Camp?
        Yikes!

Anyone that is around soccer knows that the Timbers Camps are a babysitting service and nothing more.

I’m assuming this is your first child going through this?

Comment

You seriously had your daughter who plays on a top team do a Timbers Camp?
          Yikes!

Anyone that is around soccer knows that the Timbers Camps are a babysitting service and nothing more.

I’m assuming this is your first child going through this?
          On a similar babysitting note, I saw a Bernie Fagan soccer camp trailer being towed by an old eyesore pickup truck the other day. Who knew that scam was still going on??

Comment

I don't really care who does the Timbers Soccer Skill Babysitting Camps - if you sign up for it, you'll learn.

What I am bothered by is OYSA using their resources to email us advertisements for these camps. This is yet another example of the funds we pay to OYSA being used to promote the Timbers/Thorns academy teams... because the money raised from the Babysitting Camps goes to underwrite the DA and GDA teams.

This should bother every OYSA parent. As has been said here before, you don't have to like the clubs that do ECNL, but at least they aren't raising your OYSA fees to subsidize soccer for parents driving Range Rovers.

Comment

I don't really care who does the Timbers Soccer Skill Babysitting Camps - if you sign up for it, you'll learn.

What I am bothered by is OYSA using their resources to email us advertisements for these camps. This is yet another example of the funds we pay to OYSA being used to promote the Timbers/Thorns academy teams... because the money raised from the Babysitting Camps goes to underwrite the DA and GDA teams.

This should bother every OYSA parent. As has been said here before, you don't have to like the clubs that do ECNL, but at least they aren't raising your OYSA fees to subsidize soccer for parents driving Range Rovers.
              Timbers/Thorns, and anyone really, can pay OYSA to mail its member advertisements. This doesn't cost OYSA money, it makes them money.

It may be annoying, but if ECNL wanted to send ads to the OYSA mailing list they could do so.

Comment

Timbers/Thorns, and anyone really, can pay OYSA to mail its member advertisements. This doesn't cost OYSA money, it makes them money.

It may be annoying, but if ECNL wanted to send ads to the OYSA mailing list they could do so.
                But why send ECNL info to rec players?

Comment

But why send ECNL info to rec players?
                  To improve your roster?

Comment

To improve your roster?
                    http://www.bluemaize.net/im/arts-cra.../oh-snap-3.jpg

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X