Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ODP in RI is a quality product. Better than DA experience up in Mass.
    That’s just dumb.

Comment

Don’t waste your time with that comment. I like RI ODP and my kid got great training doing it, but to suggest playing on the Stars or NEFCs top team with the best players in New England isn’t as good as being in the RI ODP Program is just silly.

Comment

Anyone curious about the best way to advance their kids youth soccer experience should ask a parent of a kid who’s just been through it for an honest answer. Coming on this sh@thole website isn’t going to help you any.

Comment

Most RI parents have little or no clue about top level youth development and their inputs is based solely on their own experience. I been involved with ODP and have kid playing in DA up north. The players development is a product of their environment. Competing with top athletes vs players from RI clubs and town programs are like comparing apples and oranges. I can tell you my experience with ODP competitions have not been positive to say the least. RI has never done well at Region 1 that is all I have to say and it is a reflection of the quality of our program.

Comment

Most RI parents have little or no clue about top level youth development and their inputs is based solely on their own experience. I been involved with ODP and have kid playing in DA up north. The players development is a product of their environment. Competing with top athletes vs players from RI clubs and town programs are like comparing apples and oranges. I can tell you my experience with ODP competitions have not been positive to say the least. RI has never done well at Region 1 that is all I have to say and it is a reflection of the quality of our program.
            Or, it could be math. We just don't have nearly the numbers of other states in Region 1. And there are RI kids just named to Region 1 so not sure your point.

Comment

Not entirely true. Though drawing from a small pool of players in RI, there have been RI ODP teams that have done well in the Region 1 tournament over the years. Both boys and girls.

Comment

Which coaches are working the program nowadays?

Comment

Which coaches are working the program nowadays?
                  Some club coaches, some college coaches.

Comment

RI ODP is a farce people!!! If you aren't involved, count yourself as a smart one. If you are involved, keep telling yourself this is something "special". Save your money! lol

Comment

RI ODP is a farce people!!! If you aren't involved, count yourself as a smart one. If you are involved, keep telling yourself this is something "special". Save your money! lol
                      Y soo negative. For players playing in town competitive programs and lower division premier programs, ODP provides great additional training for them to develop their technical skills. There are some some very good technical coaches such as JC and MY still there.

Comment

Wrong. ODP is what you put into it. Extra training and touches with different coaches is never a bad thing especially at a fairly reasonable price. The College and R1 clinics can be beneficial to get on some early radar, and of course gaining access to the R1 Camp is really the main benefit above U13, especially for those who choose not to go the DA route, which forbids it. It also helps even more if your child’s particular age group is a strong one (03 boys & 04 girls for example)

Comment

Ask the 2 kids who made the Region 1 travel teams if ODP is a farce. Once in a lifetime experience for those kids.

Comment

Y soo negative. For players playing in town competitive programs and lower division premier programs, ODP provides great additional training for them to develop their technical skills. There are some some very good technical coaches such as JC and MY still there.
                            Does MY still have his big creepy sidekick with him everywhere he goes? One strange couple if you ask me.

Comment

Does MY still have his big creepy sidekick with him everywhere he goes? One strange couple if you ask me.
                              Yeah they recruit together from this program

Comment

Odp ri

Anyone know about the summer Region 1 camp? How intense is it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X