GDA v ECNL - 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecticut is a different animal. Oakwood is not on an easy location to get to. Portland. Coaches are not a draw. Results are below average. Other than that the DA in CT is very good option.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      NYSC (GDA) also attracting CT players, and to a lesser extent NYCFC (GDA). Plenty of solid options for CT players in both leagues. IMO, it is just a matter of time, before GDA takes the lead......although CFC and FSA will try to hold on dearly.
      They won’t try. They will. Wanting something to happen doesn’t mean it will. When a bunch of clubs leave GDA this year for the ECNL, panic will set in but there isn’t an easy solution. Making the GDA smaller would help in terms of completion and quality but isn’t feasible in terms of travel. Let them play HS? How is that different than ECNL? Pressure the NT kids to play GDA? That could work in CA and TX where they have quite a few players, but not elsewhere. If they were smart, the GDA would ask to run the ECNL’s PDP program. It would have the top kids which is all they’re concerned with anyway. They could all work together and GDA would save face. But I wouldn’t wait too long before making that pitch. Once the GDA is on life support, it will be too late.

Comment

They won’t try. They will. Wanting something to happen doesn’t mean it will. When a bunch of clubs leave GDA this year for the ECNL, panic will set in but there isn’t an easy solution. Making the GDA smaller would help in terms of completion and quality but isn’t feasible in terms of travel. Let them play HS? How is that different than ECNL? Pressure the NT kids to play GDA? That could work in CA and TX where they have quite a few players, but not elsewhere. If they were smart, the GDA would ask to run the ECNL’s PDP program. It would have the top kids which is all they’re concerned with anyway. They could all work together and GDA would save face. But I wouldn’t wait too long before making that pitch. Once the GDA is on life support, it will be too late.
        YEs it's too late for any of that. They decided two years ago they wanted ECNL gone and to run the whole show themselves. I don't think GDA will die off but it won't come close to delivering on what they hoped in terms of quality, NT improvement or marketshare. Both leagues will remain neck and neck in the battle for #1 with no one being the clear winner. Give it a few more years of mediocrity and they'll come up with some new hair brained idea.

Comment

"When a bunch of clubs leave GDA this year for the ECNL" ......are you just hypothesizing? or do you know something factual? Enlighten us here on TS.

Comment

I’m sorry, I must of missed the email that mentioned your opinion mattered, my bad.

Comment

I’m sorry, I must of missed the email that mentioned your opinion mattered, my bad.
              It actually does. Sorry, but yours doesn’t.

Comment

"When a bunch of clubs leave GDA this year for the ECNL" ......are you just hypothesizing? or do you know something factual? Enlighten us here on TS.
                I guess it’s onky fact once it is public, but expect the TX clubs to leave the GDA. They are getting a lot of push back about giving up HS.

Comment

I guess it’s onky fact once it is public, but expect the TX clubs to leave the GDA. They are getting a lot of push back about giving up HS.
                  All HS sports are a big deal in TX, not just football.

Comment

All HS sports are a big deal in TX, not just football.
                    We will see what happens when GDA stops making exceptions for its top players: https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/hig...a-high-schools

Comment

We will see what happens when GDA stops making exceptions for its top players: https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/hig...a-high-schools
                      There was a whole bruhaha on the FL board about players who played HS in between the December showcase and the re-start of DA games late January. Technically it wasn't allowed but some players evidently did it anyway. A loophole that I think was unique to FL because of when HS runs there. In 2021 there will be no more grandfathering of HS at all - just private schools can get waivers to play HS and the club and USSF both have to approve it.

Comment

But it does serve the players by giving them options. Local DA or ECNL club doesn't have good coaching? Chose the other. Don't want to give up HS or don't care about HD? Take your choice. What it doesn't serve is improving soccer because the talent is spread too thin ( variations by club and area overall, very thin).

diluting the talent on serves the pocket books of coaches.

GDA is run by some dumb asses at US SOCCER. If they wee smart they would have rolled GDA on right and crushed ECNL. Nope. Good clubs are dropping now.

ECNL was created to serve the girls...and to make some $$. Let's not forget that. GDA was formed because US Soccer saw $$$$$. Boy DA has failed!!!!!!! Are we playing in the world cup? No ....

Comment

diluting the talent on serves the pocket books of coaches.

GDA is run by some dumb asses at US SOCCER. If they wee smart they would have rolled GDA on right and crushed ECNL. Nope. Good clubs are dropping now.

ECNL was created to serve the girls...and to make some $$. Let's not forget that. GDA was formed because US Soccer saw $$$$$. Boy DA has failed!!!!!!! Are we playing in the world cup? No ....
                          It serves the pocket books of club owners and the leagues. Coaches are just employees

Comment

The ECNL just added a club in south Florida. With that move there has to be another club coming in(Weston) will be leaving the DA. These clubs didn’t realize that in the fall the girls could play dA with no issue but once winter in Florida and high school came around they were in trouble.

Time will tell.

Texas as well. There will be clubs leaving for ECNL only

Comment

Uh oh. Douchey american fatso football dad piping in. Hey fatso dad show me your instep drive
                              Moron

Comment

There was a whole bruhaha on the FL board about players who played HS in between the December showcase and the re-start of DA games late January. Technically it wasn't allowed but some players evidently did it anyway. A loophole that I think was unique to FL because of when HS runs there. In 2021 there will be no more grandfathering of HS at all - just private schools can get waivers to play HS and the club and USSF both have to approve it.
                                The Florida board he said.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X