Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NYSC just built a brand new facility just over the CT border - they will certainly pick off a lot of talent in lower Fairfield County.
    Facility isnt built yet

Comment

The 02 NT player who plays for World Class ECNL is a classic example of a player who prefers to be a big fish in a small pond, and why should she care. She already has a full-ride to Rutgers, since in state tuition is low, MO getting her was a coup... NYCFC parents would
      love to have a player of that quality on their team, it would help them come GDA Playoffs, but until they realize her talent is unchallenged, she will continue to happily swim along...

Comment

I don't think US Soccer will only pick Girls DA players purposely right out of the gate. What I think will happen though, like it has on the boys side, is that over time the majority of the players will just naturally come from Academy clubs because they're just better players.

Right now the ECNL top players are as good, if not better, than the top GDA girls. This won't be the case in a few years.
        They just pick 83% of the U17s from GDA.....that seems "right out of the gate" to me!

Comment

The 02 NT player who plays for World Class ECNL is a classic example of a player who prefers to be a big fish in a small pond, and why should she care. She already has a full-ride to Rutgers, since in state tuition is low, MO getting her was a coup... NYCFC parents would
          love to have a player of that quality on their team, it would help them come GDA Playoffs, but until they realize her talent is unchallenged, she will continue to happily swim along...
          Girls already recruited can stay in ECNL - makes sense. The battle is for the up and coming 14yr olds.....

Comment

Facility isnt built yet
            https://ophirfield.com/

Looks good.

Comment

Still not open yet ... stop pretending that it is

Comment

I don't think US Soccer will only pick Girls DA players purposely right out of the gate. What I think will happen though, like it has on the boys side, is that over time the majority of the players will just naturally come from Academy clubs because they're just better players.

Right now the ECNL top players are as good, if not better, than the top GDA girls. This won't be the case in a few years.
                That remains to be seen. Boys didn't have ECNL, girls do. Girls also don't have free to play like top BDA players do (most top male players end up at MLS clubs). Even if GDA eeks out the #1 spot it will be by a slim margin

Comment

Still not open yet ... stop pretending that it is
                  They are running leagues out of there in Feb...looks good.

Comment

No they are NOT, overall GDA players are better...

-USSF

Comment

The 02s are unusual at WC that kid will play on the 02/03 DA next year

Comment

-USSF
                        In 4 months they have trained the best players if their age group? Really? I can't wait until the USWNT flios because they limited their pool of talent to flex some muscle. Then we can sh!tcan the whole system and get people in that are far less vain and greedy.

Comment

That remains to be seen. Boys didn't have ECNL, girls do. Girls also don't have free to play like top BDA players do (most top male players end up at MLS clubs). Even if GDA eeks out the #1 spot it will be by a slim margin
                          LA Galaxy is free to play for girls right now. I also am hearing that NYCFC will be free soon for the girls as well. Over time, more GDA pro-affiliated clubs will follow. Relax. Still early in the life cycle of the league.

Comment

They just pick 83% of the U17s from GDA.....that seems "right out of the gate" to me!
                            They were already in the YNT. Those players just decided to switch to GDA, if they didn't like the other 4 ECNL players they would still be on the U17 team. If USSF decided to pick less talented GDA only players than pick better talented ECNL players from their already established U17 YNT pool then that would be ballsy but this 20 out of 24 is meaningless.

Comment

-USSF
                              In CT especially, ECNL much better.

Comment

In CT especially, ECNL much better.
                                For CT players, here is my current ranking:

1) NYCFC
                                2) CFC United
                                3) OW
                                4) NYSC
                                5) FSA

In three years, it will look like this:

1) NYCFC
                                2) OW
                                3) NYSC
                                4) CFC United
                                5) FSA

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X