Abbey Villa - Where to go Next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't even think AV was still relevant. We left for NEFC couple years ago. Now reading about how DR has lost directors and coaches, makes me believe that is even more true! Best part from when my kid was there was when DR announced to the club that AV was merging with Spartans, changed the name of his club, and then had to take it back when Spartans merged with Bolts!

Comment

Merger

Big news for those of you that don't seem to like AVSC for some reason. Now have 60 teams and are elite club .

http://www.facebook.com/Abbeyvillasc...58159757537849

Comment

Any clubs that can keep up the good fight against the conglomerates (GPS, NEFC/Breakers) are good for youth soccer. Abbey Villa, Liverpool, Best etc. all seem to be doing that!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Big news for those of you that don't seem to like AVSC for some reason. Now have 60 teams and are elite club .

https://www.facebook.com/Abbeyvillas...58159757537849

Fixed your link. Not very surprising, the club's growth has been in Greater Lowell, offsetting some of the issues around Metrowest. Still this reads like it was recycled from the FC Spartans merger. I hope they do well, but actions speak louder than press releases. As the prior post suggests -- competition is good and necessary. Hopefully the turnover in coaches and players stops.

Comment

What's the breakdown of the 60 teams? Very much doubt they have 60.

Comment

What's the breakdown of the 60 teams? Very much doubt they have 60.
              Not even close.

Comment

Try as they might, two wrongs don't make a right. Just grouping more bad teams together.

No way they have 60 teams! Looks like they have about 20 teams under 15 from the NEP fall. Do they have 40 teams U16 and above?!

Comment

Try as they might, two wrongs don't make a right. Just grouping more bad teams together.

No way they have 60 teams! Looks like they have about 20 teams under 15 from the NEP fall. Do they have 40 teams U16 and above?!
                  Not really a surprise that DR would lie about something. Lied to my son's U9 team about having a coach this fall, instead we got a stand in every week.

Comment

No way they have 60 teams and only 12 coaches. Each coach would have to have 5 teams.

Comment

60 teams? Do they even have 40 combined?!

Comment

Any clubs that can keep up the good fight against the conglomerates (GPS, NEFC/Breakers) are good for youth soccer. Abbey Villa, Liverpool, Best etc. all seem to be doing that!
                        If AV have 60 teams, doesn't that make them closer to a conglomerate? Don't think they have a board or anything, which means DR is calling all the shots. Based on whats been said here and what from what I've heard, that isn't a good thing. He's always had a massive ego dating back to the days when MAPLE was a competitive league.

Comment

"Big news" they have found another 5 teams and may now be at 60-65. Status changed to Super Elite Club .

Comment

Abbey Villa = Elite. Funniest thing I've heard all day. Abbey Villa is a great club for kids that love to play soccer and want to play more than town soccer, but to use the word elite, even if it's just in the context of how many teams they have is just silly.

Comment

Every team GPS fields is elite. They've made the word meaningless other than Daddy can say "my kid plays on an elite team." Everyone uses it now. Big deal.

I've seen Abbey Villa play against my kid. They play decent soccer and have had some success, teams playing into NPL, won a few State Cups. There's a lot worse out there. Never figure out why everyone here just bashes the clubs their kid doesn't play with. I know when we play Abbey Villa teams they aren't going to just bang the ball far to one fast kid to score.

Comment

Every team GPS fields is elite. They've made the word meaningless other than Daddy can say "my kid plays on an elite team." Everyone uses it now. Big deal.

I've seen Abbey Villa play against my kid. They play decent soccer and have had some success, teams playing into NPL, won a few State Cups. There's a lot worse out there. Never figure out why everyone here just bashes the clubs their kid doesn't play with. I know when we play Abbey Villa teams they aren't going to just bang the ball far to one fast kid to score.
                                Funny. Guy complains about "...everyone just bashes the clubs their kid doesn't play with" while simultaneously bashing a club their kid doesn't play with.

Hypocrisy at it's finest right there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X