Aztecs in trouble?!?!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Stable" and Aztec don't seem to go together.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      "Stable" and Aztec don't seem to go together.
      Let's hear which top north shore club you are involved in.

Comment

aztecs lost the entire U13G team and coach, ouch. Club is definitely struggling, but options are limited on north shore.

Comment

aztecs lost the entire U13G team and coach, ouch. Club is definitely struggling, but options are limited on north shore.
          have you not learned , everyone coach and players are replaceable!

Comment

I heard from a friend who's daughter was on the NEP U13 Girls that the Aztecs just
            lost the U13 Girls Team? Did this have anything to do with
            Doc leaving the club? Hearing he is now with the Breakers? Any truth to this?
            STOP: Why do these threads get started? Are you really concerned about this club or more interested in just gossiping? I'm not affiliated with the Aztecs in any way, shape or form. My kids have only played against them and always found them to be good competitors and well coached. I've been around the club scene for around 10 years now and have been reading about the demise of so many different clubs. Yes, some of them are now gone and some decided to merge, but the majority of them are still around. I'm convinced that most (if not all of the clubs) have significant issues. Honestly, I think most of it is due to very arrogant coaches who have zero business savvy and think they can actually run a club (business). Most of them suck at it and let their ego get in the way. That's why you see so many coaches jumping from one club to another always thinking that the grass is greener. Best term I just heard recently is that the grass may be greener, but it always browns eventually.

Comment

Most of the U13G NPL team left with Doc. The U13G NEP team remains.
              Just to keep the record straight.

Comment

Most of the U13G NPL team left with Doc. The U13G NEP team remains.
                Just to keep the record straight.
                Is it me or hasn't it been the Scorpions/Breakers who have been accusing NEFC and BB of "stealing" teams for the last 4 or 5 years, but when they do the same thing it's the team "decided to leave with Doc"... Isn't that pretty hypocritical?

Comment

Huh? No one "stole" anything. The players leaving was simply fallout from Doc leaving Aztec.
                  They preferred to stay with him. I've only been dealing with club soccer for about a year and it appears to me players jumping clubs is simply doing business as business is done.

Comment

Is it me or hasn't it been the Scorpions/Breakers who have been accusing NEFC and BB of "stealing" teams for the last 4 or 5 years, but when they do the same thing it's the team "decided to leave with Doc"... Isn't that pretty hypocritical?
                    Funny thing about that is at least one of those Scorpions/Breakers groups (currently U18) that they like to complain NEFC stole actually started out as a Bolts team which the Scorpions/Breakers lucked into when the Bolts imploded on the girls side after John Kerr left for Duke. They were part of the Bolts for 2 years and Scorpions/Breakers for a year.

Comment

Huh? No one "stole" anything. The players leaving was simply fallout from Doc leaving Aztec.
                      They preferred to stay with him. I've only been dealing with club soccer for about a year and it appears to me players jumping clubs is simply doing business as business is done.
                      Players jump clubs frequently. When coaches switch within NEP, there are rules. Last I knew, these rules would have said the coach couldn't coach the team for a year. Maybe the Aztecs consented, or maybe the rules have changed/don't apply for some reason (but I think this is exactly the situation they were set up for). As a general matter, I think chasing after a coach is nuts (particularly if the coach is going to rotate off anyways), but of course the specific facts and circumstances matter.

Comment

I believe the coach is much more important then the club you play for.

Comment

OK, Doc....

Comment

For those who followed Doc...didn't they just triple their commute time? Seems like a huge sacrifice for 1/2 a year; and likely lost Aztec club fees in the process and will have to pay $$ to Scorpions now. Why would a parent do that?

Comment

Aztecs in trouble?!?!?

The club is fine there is no stable club on the north shore except for them anymore so their numbers are only increasing.
                              “Stable Club” not even close. Practice locations always changing and every year we had a new location. It was great when we had Amesbury as it was a close commute for my kid, but then who knows what happen with that location. Then the following year we moved to some school in Beverly and other locations. We were told that things would improve and blah blah blah, we just decided to move on after 2 years.

If that is your idea of "stable, then I guess you are right.

Comment

I agree. The point is when it happened to the Scorps they were victims. They have been complaining about it for 4 years. when they do it to someone else, it's par for the course. Hypocritical.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X