Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree to some point. The problem with this leadership is that they are not in it to win it. We are still playing players that do not belong on the field. It's happening on the 14-16 age groups. It is hard to accept that this club full of "soccer knowledge" gave roster spots to some of these players. Why weren't the tough decisions made? How About correcting course now!! Let's evaluate players right now that we have a break and make those phone calls to the parents and tell them "we made a mistake, we need to move your child down". Then, let's play to win! Competitive sports does not equal to 50% playing time for subs!! It doesn't happen in college, doesn't happen in the pros, hell...it doesn't happen in other clubs! Let's prove to the group of us who pay the salaries that the money is well spent and that we are in it to win!! Watching some of these players on the field hurts!!!!
    The above is a whiny coach and we all know who. Don't blame uour own shortcomings on the kids. You have a ton of talent right here and you still can't do anything with it.

Comment

Totally agree. Club is a huge mess. The ecnl program is horrible and problems are far from limited to the 16s. They just have an additional problem because they were assigned a players dad as coach. Very glad at least we didn't have that additional problem on top of everything else.
      ECNL should be given to TBU. In the HS girls ages their teams are currently ranked in FL:

U15: 3rd
      U16: 2nd/9th
      U17: 6th
      U18: 4th

They must be doing something right over there.

Comment

ECNL should be given to TBU. In the HS girls ages their teams are currently ranked in FL:

U15: 3rd
        U16: 2nd/9th
        U17: 6th
        U18: 4th

They must be doing something right over there.
        hahahahahahahaha

For starters, your U16G team got thrashed by Tophat. The ECNL had people there watching that debacle. Second, Your U14G team just lost 2-1 to the FKK B team. Third your U17 & U18 teams would get killed by their equivalent at WFF. Fourth, You have 3 college recruits in your 2014 class and only one of them is going to a decent school. What was it that you are doing right? LOL

Comment

Ninety percent of people at VSI in the ECNL program are completely unhappy that's all the data you need. Just a reminder dear coaches without players and parents you will have nothing but thoughts of what could have been!
          Club record thru 8 games last year: 14W 22L 4T GF 53 GA 73 GD -20
          Club record thru 8 games this year: 16W 19L 5T GF 65 GA 76 GD -11

Facts are inconvenient things. You are rich in anecdotes but no data. Come back when the data supports your statements. Thanks.

Comment

hahahahahahahaha

For starters, your U16G team got thrashed by Tophat. The ECNL had people there watching that debacle. Second, Your U14G team just lost 2-1 to the FKK B team. Third your U17 & U18 teams would get killed by their equivalent at WFF. Fourth, You have 3 college recruits in your 2014 class and only one of them is going to a decent school. What was it that you are doing right? LOL
            Would you please stop posting facts and recent history it's just not fair when we are trying to stir the pot and convince everyone they WFF is not the place to play.

Comment

Rumor is another Director gone from WFF. That is 3 in less than half the season. What is going on?

Comment

Rumor is another Director gone from WFF. That is 3 in less than half the season. What is going on?
                Board member or ECNL Director (One may be gone because of medical reasons).

Comment

hahahahahahahaha

What exactly is considered a decent school?

Comment

Board member or ECNL Director (One may be gone because of medical reasons).
                    No resigned.

Comment

What exactly is considered a decent school?
                      TAMPA BAY UNITED

Harmon, Kendall D Tampa, FL STETSON

Mouton, Alexis F Palm Harbor, FL ALABAMA

Preble, Rachel M Safety Harbor, FL MAINE

you tell me

Comment

No resigned.
                        Who???

Comment

I suffer from temporary episodes of feeling suspicious of others without reason (paranoia) or losing a sense of reality please help me !

Comment

OK

First of all the list was not in order. We had the following finishes not in any particular order.

3,4,5,5,7 last year
                            2,3,5,6,7 This year current place.

Last year record after 7 games was 13W 19L 3T -13 GD
                            This year record thru 7 games was 14W 16L 5T -6 GD

The U14 are tied for 3rd place (the placing is alphabetical)

There is a slight improvement overall compared to last year even though the U16s have completely blown up.

I have not calculated in the BUSA scores yet and we have yet to play OC. I would argue that our numbers will continue to be better this year even after the BUSA scores are calculated and after the OC scores get added in.

What we have is one team that imploded for a multitude of different reasons.

I think the club as a whole is doing drastically better considering the fact that our 2nd best team from last year(finished 4th) is now our worst team by record this year. Imagine how well the club would be doing if they actually kept the ball rolling? or if they actually turn their season around?
                            The u14's are in 4th place, tied for third. It's not alphabetical. It goes to goal differential. Orlando is +2 and VSI -8. One thing different last year to this is that there is one less team in the conference so fewer points to get. VSI has played one more game than four of the other teams. So, they have few points available to get. When looking at where they might be you need to look at winning percentage. So, if every team wins every game from here on our this would be their percentage:

U14 - now 1.63 possible 2.21
                            U15 - now 1.25 possible 2.00
                            U16 - now 0.63 possible 1.64
                            U17 - now 1.88 possible 2.36
                            U18 - now 1.25 possible 2.00

That's if every one of those teams wins every game from this point on. Likely, they won't. No club or team can probably do that at this level since most every game is a competitive game. So, the teams will probably win a few, lose a few and tie a few leaving their winning percentages close to what they are today. The reality is, in this league every game makes a difference. Every loss is three points not gotten. Every tie drops that winning percentage. But, I will also say that there is often not much difference between a third place team and a seventh place team. With the top one or two teams, it's pretty clear they are the better teams, but lower placed teams can pull out a win or a tie on a good day. The next teams are all pretty close and the games are often one point games that could have gone either way. The difference I have seen is that the higher ranked teams just find a way to pull out those close games.

I don't know whether VSI is a better club this year or last. Clearly from this thread there are some really unhappy parents. Ultimately, you just want to qualify to go the National Qualifier in June (sure being in the Champions League would be great, but the National League is great competition too). Any team, no matter where they rank, can find themselves at the National Championship by winning their pool. However, with the U15 to U17 age groups the bottom 12 teams will not go to the National Qualifier. Their season will end after the regular season. With the U14 and U18 groups only the top 16 teams go to the championship (there is no qualifier). So, each team needs to realize what they are playing for and that every point they get will get them to the qualifier in June.

Comment

I agree this could make a difference

Could it be they are missing their Gatorade Player of the Year (out with ACL tear) who scored half their goals?
                              I think it is difficult to compare a team year to year. There can be one new player that makes all of the difference for a lower ranked team that was almost there the year before. At the same time, a team can lose a player or two and really suffer. It would seem that we should all have pretty much the same team from June/July to September, but all you have to do is look at the standings from last year to this year and there have been some real surprises. Concorde Fire is pretty consistent. GSA U17 continues to be a top team. But, there is a lot of movement in the standings with the other clubs and teams. I believe this is because most games tend to be close and, with a little luck, a tie could be a win and vice versa. Ultimately, the competition in ECNL is very good almost every time the players take the field. Not every game, but a majority of them. Regardless of where the teams are ranked, they will get good games, and they will still see college coaches at their games.

Yes, I am a fan of ECNL. I don't love everything about it, but I do think each team has the opportunity to play some very good competition from all over the country over the course of a year. As a result, teams tend to improve.

Comment

I think it is difficult to compare a team year to year. There can be one new player that makes all of the difference for a lower ranked team that was almost there the year before. At the same time, a team can lose a player or two and really suffer. It would seem that we should all have pretty much the same team from June/July to September, but all you have to do is look at the standings from last year to this year and there have been some real surprises. Concorde Fire is pretty consistent. GSA U17 continues to be a top team. But, there is a lot of movement in the standings with the other clubs and teams. I believe this is because most games tend to be close and, with a little luck, a tie could be a win and vice versa. Ultimately, the competition in ECNL is very good almost every time the players take the field. Not every game, but a majority of them. Regardless of where the teams are ranked, they will get good games, and they will still see college coaches at their games.

Yes, I am a fan of ECNL. I don't love everything about it, but I do think each team has the opportunity to play some very good competition from all over the country over the course of a year. As a result, teams tend to improve.
                                Agree 100%

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X