Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dont mean to be rude, but if Marist and Fairfield are the doors soccer is opening for you, you probably an average soccer player .

if you told me these CT clubs were developing the sort of talent that Stanford or Duke wanted on a consitent basis, then Ok. But you arent.
    No club including PDA is producing talent that gets recruited by those schools on a routine basis.

Get a clue man.

Comment

You have no idea how much athletic money any of these kids got. To say my daughter got a 75% ride to Iona with 65% merit and 10% athletic money indicates to me that the value the club had was negligible. Without meaningful numbers, your list is not very valuable.
      It tells me your kid isn’t smart, but is smart for Iona so they have to pay her to go there and make the admissions stats for the class look better.

It also tells me she sucks at soccer...for one because she agreed to play for Iona and two because they only had to give her 10 percent to play on that krappy team

Comment

I agree but not everyone values the education.

My only flaw with your logic is that many/if not most of the top tier D3 academic schools offer NO academic or merit money.

That means the upper middle class family (250K) household income basically gets the privelge of dropping 70K for Chicago, Williams, Amherst, Middlebury etc.

Those folks make a nice living but full freight at those schools really doesn't make a ton of sense.

I guess the difference is that a kid considering Middlebury or Amherst probably isn't bothering to look at Hartford or QU so it isn't apples to apples.
        I made more than 250 and I didn’t pay 70.

You need to do better research

Comment

Enlighten us

Comment

You are right that few will actually pay full sticker price. It is also true that even if they had to many parents would do so regardless. Where that final piece of paper comes from matters more than the quality of soccer.

Comment

No club including PDA is producing talent that gets recruited by those schools on a routine basis.

Get a clue man.
              i agree. Thats the whole point. so what exactly are we debating? all these Clubs are to a large extent doing similar jobs. The only differentiator is the initial talent level of the players coming in to the club. That is influenced by a number of factors. A PDA manages to attract players from a wide area based on its long term reputation so yes, they win, but the difference is the ability to get players to travel further and bypass other options - PDA team stronger and weakness the Clubs they got the player from.

These argumetns about who is "better" are dumb.

So yeah, I have a "clue"

Comment

You are right that few will actually pay full sticker price. It is also true that even if they had to many parents would do so regardless. Where that final piece of paper comes from matters more than the quality of soccer.
                and the part that is lost (becasue so few have the talent to get there) is that some of the schools with fantastic "pieces of paper" have some of the best soccer programs as well.

Its not an ether or proposition IF you are an elite player.

Because most are not, all these conversations tend to be about differentiating between degrees of average.

Im not saying my kid is, just stating a fact.

Comment

It tells me your kid isn’t smart, but is smart for Iona so they have to pay her to go there and make the admissions stats for the class look better.

It also tells me she sucks at soccer...for one because she agreed to play for Iona and two because they only had to give her 10 percent to play on that krappy team
                  It’s all relative and that harsh. There are about 350 D1 soccer programs in the country. Or 9,000 players. There are probably 750,000 club soccer players in the country. Approximately 2,300 spots in each freshman class and 90,000 players to fill them. Whether you get money or not, those aren’t great odds and if your daughter is one of the lucky few, she doesn’t suck.

Now if you’re talking academics, that’s a different conversation as well. Most of the better clubs could get your daughter money to play in college. It just might not be where she wants to go. So figure out the most important priorities for your family. Academics. Money. Soccer. Location. Size. And go from there.

Comment

It’s all relative and that harsh. There are about 350 D1 soccer programs in the country. Or 9,000 players. There are probably 750,000 club soccer players in the country. Approximately 2,300 spots in each freshman class and 90,000 players to fill them. Whether you get money or not, those aren’t great odds and if your daughter is one of the lucky few, she doesn’t suck.

Now if you’re talking academics, that’s a different conversation as well. Most of the better clubs could get your daughter money to play in college. It just might not be where she wants to go. So figure out the most important priorities for your family. Academics. Money. Soccer. Location. Size. And go from there.
                    My sister went on a full ride to an acc school and now she's hugging trees and her best friend went to southern and makes 200k a year. Soccer is just soccer. You all are freakers

Comment

My sister went on a full ride to an acc school and now she's hugging trees and her best friend went to southern and makes 200k a year. Soccer is just soccer. You all are freakers
                      That much resentment and hate for sis? How's therapy going? Has it been all your life or only since your parents showed her more love taking her all over for soccer while you just sat there and ate gummy bears.
                      Good luck in your future sessions but this isn't the way to release all that build up.
                      Talk it out with professionals and not on TS..... just some advice!

Comment

Southern girl must be hooking

Comment

poster has a point. No reason to think that money to a great college is going to pay off. Everyone has their own path. You make what you make of things. That's why paying for a good college or getting money to attend a Wagner doesn't matter... it's what you make of it. The most successful teammates of mine from college weren't the one's on full boats or half rafts. They were the people that worked hardest

Comment

In Manhattan...

Comment

poster has a point. No reason to think that money to a great college is going to pay off. Everyone has their own path. You make what you make of things. That's why paying for a good college or getting money to attend a Wagner doesn't matter... it's what you make of it. The most successful teammates of mine from college weren't the one's on full boats or half rafts. They were the people that worked hardest
                              Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!
                              Your speech gave me goosebumps...haha

Comment

For this year, here’s the link to the 2018 ECNL Commitments….

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...uV0/edit#gid=0
                                Here's the US Soccer GDA version of the 2018 list for Oakwood's 2018 commits...
                                http://www.ussoccerda.com/20180208-n...-for-fall-2018

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X