Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hate to bring facts into the picture, but imagine what that says about the level of soccer you find 'entertaining'. If the girls are the top level athletes and the boys are 2nd tier, yet younger boys routinely destroy older girls teams, then the actual level of soccer and athleticism on the female side must be extremely poor.

You should seek counseling if you also go to watch 12 old girls who aren't your daughter.
    I agree with OP. Boys soccer in the U.S. is the real snoozefest, not the girls.

Comment

I hate to bring facts into the picture, but imagine what that says about the level of soccer you find 'entertaining'. If the girls are the top level athletes and the boys are 2nd tier, yet younger boys routinely destroy older girls teams, then the actual level of soccer and athleticism on the female side must be extremely poor.

You should seek counseling if you also go to watch 12 old girls who aren't your daughter.
      Im with The Watcher. I know nothing about soccer, but after watching two Ds compete for a decade I now have a frame of reference. Because of that I prefer watching girls soccer. I have attended State Cup games, higher brackets at tournaments, and HS Title games with no child on the field. Wasn't alone

Comment

I agree with OP. Boys soccer in the U.S. is the real snoozefest, not the girls.
        If the US Men are playing and the US Women are playing I will definitely choose the women. Boys/Men’s soccer in the US is terrible period!

Comment

If the US Men are playing and the US Women are playing I will definitely choose the women. Boys/Men’s soccer in the US is terrible period!
          If Boys soccer is terrible yet younger boys routinely and easily beat older girls, then girls soccer must be horrendous.

Comment

If Boys soccer is terrible yet younger boys routinely and easily beat older girls, then girls soccer must be horrendous.
            OMFG...

How old are you?

Comment

OMFG...

How old are you?
              Facts bother you?

Comment

Trump

This is laughable! Can't tell you how many times my D's team has played the boys team in the same age group at our club and won. They always, always come off the pitch, running to their moms, whining, "But they pushed us!" or whatever. Makes me so glad my son doesn't play soccer! Draws out the crybaby boys and their whiny parents.

Comment

Facts bother you?
                  What facts? That boys are stronger faster than girls. Agreed.
                  What does that fact have to do with the fact that I prefer watching girls soccer?
                  My preference is not debatable, its fact for me.

You may prefer to watch Boys, your fact. All of this goes back to would I pay, answer is yes. I paid this fall to watch State Tournament games (for girls). Would I pay for Boys? No, i wouldn't but I understand why someone else would.

Comment

This is laughable! Can't tell you how many times my D's team has played the boys team in the same age group at our club and won. They always, always come off the pitch, running to their moms, whining, "But they pushed us!" or whatever. Makes me so glad my son doesn't play soccer! Draws out the crybaby boys and their whiny parents.
                    At 6th grade or lower, very plausible. Not likely by 8th grade.
                    primary point remains that girls soccer retains best athletes in town, boys soccer keeps a few, but the majority of top athletes move on to sports with higher status in US Culture.

Comment

I know why you can't tell me. Because it never happened.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X