Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sure why wouldn't he be DOC for DA boys? What do you mean an equal owner and possibly a little more. He will get to keep 100% of his cashflow from his boys DA program and maybe you give him some of the cash flow from the girls he brings over. This a revenue business and you share. He wouldn't own any of facility, but get to run his program there.
    Boys ECNL not working out already CFC?

Comment

CFC and BS merger makes sense.
      1) CFC has a new home, BS does not. Leverage CFC infrastructure.
      2) CFC has weak boys, so they get boys DA.
      3) CFC applies for GDA and becomes competitive with OW for national team prospects.
      4) Keep ECNL as "B" team for both boys and girls - similar to other mega clubs around the country.
      Very astute post....now forward to BS Board of Directors for consideration.

Comment

Boys ECNL not working out already CFC?
        DA > ECNL. A combined club could handle both

Comment

Why is it desperate? He probably makes most of his money with Mickey Kydes soccer that manages the rec and travel programs in Westport, Wilton and Greenwich. Also, with those MKS camps. What is the path for Beachside? Girls program is non existent...just a glorified travel program. Boys DA is second tier since it isn't attached to MLS and now he has pressure from DA (need facility) and the parents (need facility and where is my money). What are his options? Ego and greed have humbled many. There doesn't have to be a winner or a loser in this scenario...just a solution for the customer. And when you appeal to your customers you usually are profitable. CFC and BS should talk, but why would a bunch of soccer coaches listen to a fortune 100 CEO.
          I didn't say he was desperate, just in a pinch. Like you said he needs a home but can easily stall that for a while longer. The bigger bind is he needs to return the money. He might not raise as much again, but has no choice if he wants to save the BS brand. A merger would not go well. He's used to calling his own shots. The guy has more lives than a cat and may be able to pull something out of his arse

Comment

Why is it desperate? He probably makes most of his money with Mickey Kydes soccer that manages the rec and travel programs in Westport, Wilton and Greenwich. Also, with those MKS camps. What is the path for Beachside? Girls program is non existent...just a glorified travel program. Boys DA is second tier since it isn't attached to MLS and now he has pressure from DA (need facility) and the parents (need facility and where is my money). What are his options? Ego and greed have humbled many. There doesn't have to be a winner or a loser in this scenario...just a solution for the customer. And when you appeal to your customers you usually are profitable. CFC and BS should talk, but why would a bunch of soccer coaches listen to a fortune 100 CEO.

High school age Beachside girls are definitely not "glorified travel team". They are legitimate showcase teams with many players who will play in college. They also play in EDP 1st Division. With that said, they are missing teams at a few age groups below them and then the younger girls are not too strong currently. If Beachside were smart, they would start touting the accomplishments of some of their older girls more to help draw to the lower ranks. The problem for them is that Fairfield County is saturated between CFC, Yankee, NYSC, and Rush's entry too. They definitely need that facility to be relevant 10 years from now.

Comment

High school age Beachside girls are definitely not "glorified travel team". They are legitimate showcase teams with many players who will play in college. They also play in EDP 1st Division. With that said, they are missing teams at a few age groups below them and then the younger girls are not too strong currently. If Beachside were smart, they would start touting the accomplishments of some of their older girls more to help draw to the lower ranks. The problem for them is that Fairfield County is saturated between CFC, Yankee, NYSC, and Rush's entry too. They definitely need that facility to be relevant 10 years from now.
              They have those few teams and that's it. BS will never be a girl's destination club without the badges. Girls are am afterthought at BS and have been for several years

Comment

MK and SS at FSA are tight, my guess is that they me planning something for the future. Fact is MK can not stand CFC or OW so a merge there seems unlikely. If fsa and bs merge that would really be the end of OW

Comment

Ow college signings not to impressive

Comment

Ow college signings not to impressive
                    College? I thought OW girls were preparing for pro careers.

Comment

College? I thought OW girls were preparing for pro careers.
                      No, they aren't going pro. They want what you do. A life that involves posting on anonymous forums at 1am.

Comment

MK and SS at FSA are tight, my guess is that they me planning something for the future. Fact is MK can not stand CFC or OW so a merge there seems unlikely. If fsa and bs merge that would really be the end of OW
                        SS is the DOC of FSA he isn't the owner. He has little say in important matters.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X