No fans at HS games

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are all a bunch of wussies, just go to the game and watch, what are they going to do arrest you?

Comment

but I thought masks worked? If so, then why can't there be spectators if they wear a mask? Which is it? Masks work or don't work?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What league and did the league decide or just some schools have decided? I know I'll be reaching out to our powers that be if ours does the same. i've got a senior, my youngest too. But putting emotions aside, it's just so phuking stupid. There's been soccer all summer, no spread, easy to distance soccer parents.

Other poster is right. They're worried about football parents complaining so they'll avoid the conflict by not letting anyone go. What a lame cop out.
        QUOTE=Unregistered;2828273]football parents should be able to go as well
        then will burn the school down if they cant watch their kids get hurt[/QUOTE]

Football was the CIAC leadership's number one concern. They make it clear it was all or nothing, even if it means going against DPH or their own football committee (a 10-person group comprised of principals, athletic directors, coaches, and advisors). It's a win win for them let someone else pull the plug, plus nobody wants to cross that crowd.

Comment

but I thought masks worked? If so, then why can't there be spectators if they wear a mask? Which is it? Masks work or don't work?
          Mask don do shyte to cover up your ugly mug

Comment

How many parents will be huddle together in the one area that's outside the stadium but still gives a view of the field

Comment

How many parents will be huddle together in the one area that's outside the stadium but still gives a view of the field
              Me for sure!

Comment

Me for sure!
                Our field is surrounded by woods, I just bought a full camo set and a nice tree stand.

Comment

Our field is surrounded by woods, I just bought a full camo set and a nice tree stand.
                  Tip, don’t watch game through the scope.

Comment

I would make sure to have a white handkerchief hang out you back pocke

Comment

I would make sure to have a white handkerchief hang out you back pocke
                      I simply can't waste more weekend time watching Harry Potter, Avengers, and Friends .... For the 1000th time. I can probably watch Step Brothers a few more times though.

-Brennan

Comment

ESPN has 12 hours of live HS football from all around the country.
                        All the states I have seen had fans.
                        So CIAC is going to tell me I can’t watch my kid play a month from now.
                        That sounds about right for this crap hole state.

Comment

ESPN has 12 hours of live HS football from all around the country.
                          All the states I have seen had fans.
                          So CIAC is going to tell me I can’t watch my kid play a month from now.
                          That sounds about right for this crap hole state.
                          Sorry CFC dad why don’t you move ? No one will miss you anyway

Comment

This was on another thread. Not having a few masked parents at games is freaking ridiculous

Someone should send this to DPH and CIAC - and Lamont - along with a reminder soccer teams have been playing in CT all summer.

"SIX YOUTH SOCCER CLUBS IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY PARTICIPATED IN THIS STUDY INVOLVING 6,560 PLAYERS AND 263 COACHES.

The youth soccer clubs are located across the county from Oceanside to Chula Vista. Over the course of eight weeks, 143,000 soccer sessions were analyzed and only 15 (.01%) confirmed cases were recorded."

This study was in CA where case are much higher than here in CT - and most of the very few cases were tied back to siblings/family exposure, not soccer related

https://www.soccertoday.com/surf-cup...-youth-soccer/

Comment

Each stadium would have it's own safe number depending on their layout. Each school can tell students they're not allowed. That leaves just parents. At most fields I've ever been to there's usually just one entrance point so the school or maybe the booster club has to have someone there to count and remind people to stay distanced. The school or booster club could issue tickets for each game (lottery, first come first served or something) - no ticket, no admit.

There are solutions, it's the willpower that's missing.
                              People should be happy they are letting the kids play. If the schools and CIAC think they can feel like they are doing something to prevent spread while letting the kids play then let them ban the parents and the fans.

Comment

People should be happy they are letting the kids play. If the schools and CIAC think they can feel like they are doing something to prevent spread while letting the kids play then let them ban the parents and the fans.
                                Believe me, this is ciacs dream scenario.....no parents at games!

Still don’t understand how you can have kids sit in a school all day, but a parent can’t sit in the stands.

How do you open bars and movie theaters but not a soccer field?

It is the pure randomness that gets me, not the mask, not the 6 ft, just how random the polices are are how disjointed they are.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X