X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Moron of the day award goes to you.
    I bet your child will be the one to take their own life.
    Since you are so dismissive of the possibility it could happen right under your nose.
    Don’t be so dumb. You will regret it.
    The first sentence you wrote doesn't really bother me since such insults are thrown around on this site quite frequently. So not surprised by that. But the second one, whoa....better think twice before writing something like that buddy. Don't be so dumb, you will regret it. My post was actually intended to prove the exact opposite point. Don't have any children and never will but if I did have a child in this scenario, I would tell them that as heartbreaking as it is to have an experience as valuable as high school sports potentially taken away from them, the big picture is always what still matters and taking your own life just like that when you have been trying for months to avoid contracting a virus that can take your life just like that simply doesn't make sense. That is the cruel irony of it all. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said zero chance because perhaps someone actually could do it in spite of that if they are distraught enough by the whole scenario. But I don't think it would happen. Very low chance.

Comment

The first sentence you wrote doesn't really bother me since such insults are thrown around on this site quite frequently. So not surprised by that. But the second one, whoa....better think twice before writing something like that buddy. Don't be so dumb, you will regret it. My post was actually intended to prove the exact opposite point. Don't have any children and never will but if I did have a child in this scenario, I would tell them that as heartbreaking as it is to have an experience as valuable as high school sports potentially taken away from them, the big picture is always what still matters and taking your own life just like that when you have been trying for months to avoid contracting a virus that can take your life just like that simply doesn't make sense. That is the cruel irony of it all. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said zero chance because perhaps someone actually could do it in spite of that if they are distraught enough by the whole scenario. But I don't think it would happen. Very low chance.
      Already did happen.
      Student in Texas hung himself from football goal post.
      It is speculated that shutdown was a primary cause.
      One can never know for sure but it is quietly happening
      Even CDC director has expressed his concern.

Comment

Already did happen.
        Who speculated that? You?

Ok dr Phil. Could have also been mental illness, he just broke up with his boyfriend or the thought of Biden winning the election. Believe me, the latter has me thinking about the possibility too

Comment

Already did happen.
          Why would you fabricate a story like this? Twisted.

Comment

Why would you fabricate a story like this? Twisted.
            Try googling
            Easy to find story
            Unless they fabricated it

Comment

Try googling
              Easy to find story
              Unless they fabricated it
              Which one are you talking about ?
              Google found two?

Comment

If playing HS sports is a "lifesaver' it is only temporary. The individual is emotional fragile and something else can or will just as readily trigger suicidal thoughts. Professional help is needed.

Comment

Prognosticating the outcome of tonight's 7 PM meeting .... We are meeting again on Wednesday night and have pushed the season start back another 3 days.

Comment

Prognosticating the outcome of tonight's 7 PM meeting .... We are meeting again on Wednesday night and have pushed the season start back another 3 days.
                    This will be happening until a week or 2 before Halloween, at which time they will realize that there just isn't enough time to have a season, so we will have to cancel .... But football can play in the spring and bounce all other teams off of their HSs turf fields.

Comment

This will be happening until a week or 2 before Halloween, at which time they will realize that there just isn't enough time to have a season, so we will have to cancel .... But football can play in the spring and bounce all other teams off of their HSs turf fields.
                      Not at Darien. Sorry. My lax bro and his teammates would rather play the game of Elizabeth warrens people.

Comment

Heard at tonight’s CIAC meeting:
                        “Bubba, what the hell we gonna do now? Everybody’s pissed and they figured out that we have no idea what we are doing. They might be fixin’ to get rid of us and take our sweet gig away! I sez we put it on the gov or the schools. Let’s just says we are waiting another week or two and by then they’ll just give up. Sound like a plan?”

Comment

Heard at tonight’s CIAC meeting:
                          “Bubba, what the hell we gonna do now? Everybody’s pissed and they figured out that we have no idea what we are doing. They might be fixin’ to get rid of us and take our sweet gig away! I sez we put it on the gov or the schools. Let’s just says we are waiting another week or two and by then they’ll just give up. Sound like a plan?”
                          They had the meeting in Alabama??? *** are you talking about?

Southern states haven’t wasted any time on this issue. Their Fall high school sports are on and games already started. It’s just our spineless democratic leaders and over dramatic medical professionals that are looking incompetent

Comment

They had the meeting in Alabama??? *** are you talking about?

Southern states haven’t wasted any time on this issue. Their Fall high school sports are on and games already started. It’s just our spineless democratic leaders and over dramatic medical professionals that are looking incompetent
                            Absolutely

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X