Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    From this article, it's pretty clear the CIAC plan is just happy talk. They are delaying start to Sept. 24th by which time the virus will be spreading throughout the state. It's not going to work and you have Lamont's senior health advisor saying this:

Meanwhile, at Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont’s press briefing late Thursday, Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, the vice provost for global initiatives at the University of Pennsylvania and a Lamont advisor, said he did not think contact sports should be played at all.

“We recommend, if you look at our risk graphic, that contact sports of any type not be played,” Dr. Emanuel said.

https://www.gametimect.com/ciac-fall...880.1582652194

Some states are now moving contact sports - football and soccer - to spring

Comment

Girls volleyball is played inside last I checked. What’s the plan there?

Thats a sport? I thought it was just an activity that men love to watch
      You’re right, it’s exactly like girls soccer.

Comment

As a parent of an Athlete, I say we should refuse all Covid test unless there are real significant symptoms. I do not want the school “state” testing my child.
        No good will come from it.
        When my child stayed home from school with a fever and flu like symptoms I have never gone and gotten them tested for the flu.

Comment

As a parent of an Athlete, I say we should refuse all Covid test unless there are real significant symptoms. I do not want the school “state” testing my child.
          When my child stayed home from school with a fever and flu like symptoms I have never gone and gotten them tested for the flu.
          This is a totally different situation. Flu symptoms might be similar for your child as they would have for COVID, but you are putting others in jeopardy by not being able to know the difference and sequestering them from doing serious damage to others.

Comment

This is a totally different situation. Flu symptoms might be similar for your child as they would have for COVID, but you are putting others in jeopardy by not being able to know the difference and sequestering them from doing serious damage to others.
            Except most kids aren’t getting sick- you have just as much risk going to the grocery store

Comment

Or wrestling. I bet you like to watch that.............
              wrestling is a winter sport

Comment

the "Season" is a bit of a misnomer - not Starting until 3rd week of September, over end of October, maybe or maybe not playoffs (conference or states).

Comment

the "Season" is a bit of a misnomer - not Starting until 3rd week of September, over end of October, maybe or maybe not playoffs (conference or states).
                  Fourth week to be precise but who cares Debbie. They’re scheduled for 12 regular season games instead of 16. They will still get a few preseason scrimmages in. The regular season always ends by end of October and they’re only starting 2 weeks past normal. And there will be some type of post season “experience”. Are you really going to look at this glass as half empty??

Comment

Question. If the CIAC canceled fall sports now, which would make sense following what every college in the northeast is doing, would the HS coaches get paid? I assume they would not.
                    Therefore, by announcing fall sports is moving forward yet delayed at least 3 weeks, coaches will get paid. Later and inevitably, when fall sports are canceled early in September, the coaches can keep their money and CIAC's mission is accomplished.

Thoughts?

Comment

Sorry folks, the proposal stinks. They're delaying the fall season hoping that the numbers get worse so they can pull the plug. And even if they don't pull the plug, a shortened season without postseason stinks. They should have started pre-season a month early on July 27th when the data is good so they can finish everything up by mid-October. Joke.

Comment

And if they rush a vaccine through, we should refuse it. I'm not taking some experimental treatment.

Comment

Sorry folks, the proposal stinks. They're delaying the fall season hoping that the numbers get worse so they can pull the plug. And even if they don't pull the plug, a shortened season without postseason stinks. They should have started pre-season a month early on July 27th when the data is good so they can finish everything up by mid-October. Joke.

That's exactly right. This is a just a delay until they announce the season is canceled. The practice sessions they outline mandate 6 feet of separation at all times. Gimme a break.
                          No one can deny that some kids will test positive during the season. Once that happens, that team is out for 10-14 days. The team they played that week will also be out 10-14 days. That's half the season and they are not conditioning at all during that time so even if they come back it will be a joke.

Comment

That's exactly right. This is a just a delay until they announce the season is canceled. The practice sessions they outline mandate 6 feet of separation at all times. Gimme a break.
                            No one can deny that some kids will test positive during the season. Once that happens, that team is out for 10-14 days. The team they played that week will also be out 10-14 days. That's half the season and they are not conditioning at all during that time so even if they come back it will be a joke.
                            welcome to high school sports and schooling

http://www.courant.com/coronavirus/h...m5i-story.html

Comment

As a GHS fan I would say this: If a regular season conference/regional championship over a 12 game regular season is the only possible thing there is to win this year, I'm perfectly fine with that. It's the best the CIAC can do given the circumstances- moving to spring would create too many conflicts with other sports. The question is, what exactly does regionalized scheduling entail? Would Southington making the trip to play Glastonbury be too far away? They are in the same conference of course, but Southington is more on the outskirts of CCC territory kind of like Tolland and EO Smith are.

If we played the majority of the best teams in the CCC over that 12 game span including Southington which we were originally scheduled to play at home, then I think the season would be worth it even if an official tournament champion is not declared.

Yes, there is still every chance that the CIAC's current plan could yet have to be scrapped but for right now, this is at least moving in the right direction.

Comment

And if they rush a vaccine through, we should refuse it. I'm not taking some experimental treatment.
                                I will get vaccine
                                In 5-10 years when I decide it is safe.
                                They (Fauci) May kill more seniors with vaccine then virus does.
                                Keep in mind that 70% of all COVID deaths in the US got the flu vaccine this year.
                                That is strong correlation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X