Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginga: A Cautionary Tale

Or...the little engine that didn't....I was hoping that the U13 girls team they developed would have stayed together. It was a good group of girls who enjoyed some success these past few years. It is now clear that several players are moving on to bigger ponds. I thought they would have done some more damage.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or...the little engine that didn't....I was hoping that the U13 girls team they developed would have stayed together. It was a good group of girls who enjoyed some success these past few years. It is now clear that several players are moving on to bigger ponds. I thought they would have done some more damage.
    They peaked at u12. It was all downhill from there. Early developers, late 02 birthdays, gave them a physical advantage but that only lasts so long

Comment

Are you shocked ?

Comment

Changes

Are you shocked ?
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3vxEudif8

Oh Yeah!

I still don't know what I was waiting for
        And my spot was given away
        A bunch of dead-end clubs
        And every time I thought I'd got that spot
        It seemed the coach was not so good
        So I turned myself to Yankee
        Who I never even gave a glimpse
        Of how the others must see this faker
        I'm much too good to take that spot

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
        (Turn and face the strange)
        Ch-ch-changes
        Don't want to be a Yankee gal
        Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
        Ch-ch-changes
        Just gonna have to be a defender gal
        Coach may start me me
        But I can't defend

Oooooh, yeah!

I watch the FSA make their merge
        But never leave their past
        Of indifferent soccer and
        So their tryouts float through my feet
        But still the teams seem the same
        And these coaches that we insult
        As they try to change their teams
        Are immune to your consultations
        They're quite aware of what they're going through

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
        Ch-ch-changes
        Don't tell them you want to play for FSA
        Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
        Ch-ch-changes
        Where's your pride
        You've left us up only B and C players
        They may roster me
        But I can't play there

Strange fascination is that CFC
        Changes are taking the lead
        Of the soccer I'm going through

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
        Ch-ch-changes
        Oh, look out you Oakwood mommies
        Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
        Ch-ch-changes
        Pretty soon now the dogs get colder
        They may want me
        But I don't want them
        I heard that CFC may want me
        But I can't be United

Comment

The GINGA 13's story is nothing new: kickball loving team wins a couple competitions at the U-Little years. Their parents get excited oblivious to the reality that their kids are peaking at the wrong time because the coach is so desperate to get results. Other teams catch up because they're actually developing and superstar team disbands. End of story.

Comment

I think Everson made a huge tactical mistake when he got into the Premier game. He had a great model when he focused his energy on skills, Futsal, town programs. He really has to rethink his strategy. Look to see him align with established club and develop players from U8-U12. Then push them on.

Comment

I think Everson made a huge tactical mistake when he got into the Premier game. He had a great model when he focused his energy on skills, Futsal, town programs. He really has to rethink his strategy. Look to see him align with established club and develop players from U8-U12. Then push them on.
              My kids have LOVED his summer camps, I think they simply make them very fun for the kids and anything they learn soccer-wise is an added bonus.

Comment

The GINGA 13's story is nothing new: kickball loving team wins a couple competitions at the U-Little years. Their parents get excited oblivious to the reality that their kids are peaking at the wrong time because the coach is so desperate to get results. Other teams catch up because they're actually developing and superstar team disbands. End of story.
                Tale as old as time...

If he really did develop players then those moving on should continue to progress (of course that also depends on where they went lol)

Comment

I'm puzzled as to why some of you find fault with what happened here. This group of kids comes together at u11 or so and gets some good training and is able to keep it local. For most it was a fun environment and in their backyard. Also got to enjoy the thrill of winning the cup.

Most of the team is now heading to HS and a few of the top kids made it onto the rosters of strong regional teams. They'll now get to play against better talent and take their games to the next level. Perhaps CFC Sound would like to show their kids at u13 are playing next season because it's not at CFC United where a number of these kids are headed. These kids obviously stood out in a tryout setting. It would seem that Everson could be credited with their development.

The downside to Everson is that he's focused on results too early which is why some commented on them peaking at u12. This team in particular has always been a kick it to the fast kid team which doesn't work against well coached teams.

Comment

I'm puzzled as to why some of you find fault with what happened here. This group of kids comes together at u11 or so and gets some good training and is able to keep it local. For most it was a fun environment and in their backyard. Also got to enjoy the thrill of winning the cup.

Most of the team is now heading to HS and a few of the top kids made it onto the rosters of strong regional teams. They'll now get to play against better talent and take their games to the next level. Perhaps CFC Sound would like to show their kids at u13 are playing next season because it's not at CFC United where a number of these kids are headed. These kids obviously stood out in a tryout setting. It would seem that Everson could be credited with their development.

The downside to Everson is that he's focused on results too early which is why some commented on them peaking at u12. This team in particular has always been a kick it to the fast kid team which doesn't work against well coached teams.

I couldn't agree more. Everson is totally focused on results. Do you recall when they beat pse 14-0 at 8v8 so they could win their league on goal difference?

What does that teach kids?

Ginga had a nice run, and had a few talented players, the best ones have to move on if they are to progress.

There's a big didderence between playing cjsa teams and ecnl/ npl teams. They found that out at stars cup

Comment

Who won the Ginga/Arsenal cup game today?

Comment

Ginga 3-1

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Everson is totally focused on results. Do you recall when they beat pse 14-0 at 8v8 so they could win their league on goal difference?

What does that teach kids?

Ginga had a nice run, and had a few talented players, the best ones have to move on if they are to progress.

There's a big didderence between playing cjsa teams and ecnl/ npl teams. They found that out at stars cup
                          Actually, besides getting trounced 4-0 by South Shore Select, they hung in against two NPL clubs with two 1-1 ties.

With that said, 3-4 strong players is not the same as a decent NPL team with all above average players on the roster. Also, just the practices alone on an NPL team are light years ahead of a CJSA team due to the overall skill level. When you have only a few good players, those players get lesser training from practicing with weaker teammates.

Comment

Actually, besides getting trounced 4-0 by South Shore Select, they hung in against two NPL clubs with two 1-1 ties.

With that said, 3-4 strong players is not the same as a decent NPL team with all above average players on the roster. Also, just the practices alone on an NPL team are light years ahead of a CJSA team due to the overall skill level. When you have only a few good players, those players get lesser training from practicing with weaker teammates.
                            I think you saw that when they played Oakwood and didn't get a shot on goal in 80 minutes. Ginga is nice local program but doesn't have the depth of talent that others have. Oakwood sat starters for most of the last game and still controlled play wire to wire. Big difference!

Comment

Ginga is a summer program that has a few teams. Occasionally they will have a decent but after U13 the best players will all leave. Same goes for SCP in New Haven area. Oakwood will always get best Northeast and Southeast kids. FSA will get AJAX and others around that area.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X